NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 989 Comment 0

20180718_FIS.jpg

Zatti Friends after 5 years,

SYM growth in Philippines South province

By Fr. Joriz Calsa, SDB 

FIS Youth Ministry Delegate

Cebu, the Philippines, 18 July 2018 -- We have started in Cebu - Lourdes parish last 2013, when we saw that the young people are not interested in the present or existing youth groups in the parish. We gathered them and told them of a possibility of another group which they can join.

And the response was positive. And so I named it after Blessed Artemides Zatti because of the nature of their mission in the parish and SYM. The goal is about well being and especially about first-aid providers during regular Sunday Mass or big events and youth camps.

The training of Zatti Friends is regular so as to build mental alertness when needed. It was formally introduced to the SYM National Assembly Days in 2015 during the Bicentenary of the birth of Don Bosco.

In the Philippines South province (FIS), we just started a provincial animator or point person to be the in charge of animating the Sodality and before each setting or house follows up its youth groups. Now we have a youth animator in charge of Zatti Friends, Mr. Ralph Gerald Padilla, a fresh graduate of a medical course and is also currently employed as assistant to the pastoral head (catechist SDB) at Don Bosco Technical College Cebu.

The contact to our Zatti Friends: FIS SYM Delegate: Fr. Vince Michael Sabal, SDB. FIS SYM Lay Youth Animator: Mr. Ralph Gerald Padilla (Alumnus).

Training of Zatti friends are very much regular. They continue to serve as first aiders on a standby mode every Sunday Mass, and in every celebration or camps. They were also trained to do blood pressure reading since their animator is a medical practitioner.

In the FIS we have revived the disaster risk and reduction management team or the DB DIRECT which was born duringthe Haiyan Typhoon but this time it will more long term and more educative and preventive (mitigation) and we are targeting the youth groups and Zatti is in our mind. And we are also happy to share with other EAO provinces the basic regulations of Zatti Friends. Indeed our SYM - FIS invites the young people to join our main 6 youth groups: KOA (Altar servants - boys), LOA (Altar servant - girls), Zatti Friends, Savio Friends, Auxilium and Biblos.

NATURE

The ZATTI FRIENDS is a group of young people who desire to follow the example of Blessed Artemides Zatti. It is the first youth group dedicated to Blessed Zatti that was formed in the Philippines and is present at Lourdes Parish, Cebu.

PATRON

The patron of the ZATTI FRIENDS is Blessed Artemide Zatti, Salesian Brother (1880-1951).

MAIN ACTIVITIES

Like any group, the ZATTI FRIENDS foster activities in the areas of Formation, Celebration, Fellowship and Service.

Its typical activities are:

1. Activities that foster prayer and participation in the Sacrament of Reconciliation and Communion.
  2. Activities that promotes healthy living and balance living.
  3. Activities that promote the use of first aid in all the youth group activities as well as giving training or coordinating with non-governmental organizations that gives free first aid seminars and workshop.
  4. Exposure or immersion to charitable institutions.

The big events of the year are:

1. Blessed Zatti's feast day: March 15
  2. Zatti Friends Medical Mission Day

20180718_FIS1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5266(II)_As a volunteer I became a better person

ALA_5266 By Ms Karen Castigador Cebu City, Philippines, 1 December 2019 -- Interview with former SALVO Volunteer, Ms Karen Castigador How was your volunteer experience? I would always consider my volunteer experience as something very valua...
    Date2019.12.04 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views771 file
    Read More
  2. 5259(I)_Missionary volunteer illuminates the spirit of love

ALA_5259 What Filipinos are learning in Cambodia By SALVO former volunteer – Josteno Hernan Cebu, Philippines, 26 November 2019 -- Another SALVO Volunteer offers thoughts on his experience. How was your volunteer experience in Cambodia? I h...
    Date2019.11.26 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views611 file
    Read More
  3. 5258(III)_Mr. Christine Umpad – former SALVO volunteer in Cambodia

ALA_5258 What volunteers are learning in mission lands Cebu, Philippines, 24 November 2019 -- Interview with FIS Missionary Volunteer from SALVO (Salesian Lay Volunteers): How was your brief volunteer experience in Cambodia? My volunteering...
    Date2019.11.25 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views657 file
    Read More
  4. 5252_Interview with SALVO (FIS) former Volunteer in Myanmar

ALA_5252 Don Bosco's charism is timeless and relevant today By Ms. Zennaida Ann Miranda (Taichi) Cebu, Philippines, 16 November 2019 -- The series of interviews with our EAO lay missionary volunteers (who are sent) and the receving SDB comm...
    Date2019.11.16 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1329 file
    Read More
  5. 5251(III)_Life-changing experience

ALA_5251 SALVO volunteer reflects By Ms Margarita Rio Diongzon Cebu, Philippines, 15 November 2019 -- A SALVO Volunteer reflects on her experience in Cambodia. How was your volunteer experience? For me, it was life-changing because I was ab...
    Date2019.11.15 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1795 file
    Read More
  6. 5247(IV)_“YES!” IDBYC 2019

ALA_5247 SYM Gathering, Cebu By Nestle Jean A. Java and Caren Nicole Lacida Cebu, The Philippines, 11 November 2019 -- The Salesian Youth Movement (SYM) Philippines South – FIS core group spearheaded by Fr. Vince Michael Sabal, SDB organize...
    Date2019.11.11 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1684 file
    Read More
  7. 5247(I)_Be who you are and be that well!

ALA_5247 FIS provincial assembly 2019 in Mambucal (Negros) By FIS-SC office Mambucal, Murcia, Negros Occidental, The Philippines, 9 November 2019 -- Salesians from all over the Philippines South Province gathered together at the Diocesan Sh...
    Date2019.11.11 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views972 file
    Read More
  8. 5243(V)_Salesian Brother Lamberto Tena - Living Passion for Vocations

ALA_5243 By FIS vocation ministry Don Bosco Mati, Mindanao, 3 November 2019 -- Interview with the most senior vocation promotor in the EAO region - Br. Tena. Among the 9 first year Aspirants at the Don Bosco College Aspirantate in Lawaan (C...
    Date2019.11.04 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1711 file
    Read More
  9. 5176(I)_SYM-Philippines at the AYA-ATF in Thailand

By Fr. Vince Michael Sabal, SDB Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines, 10 August 2019 -- The Asian Lay Leaders (ALL) Forum organized the Asian Youth Academy (AYA) and Asian Theology Forum (ATF) at CLUMP Center, Chom Thong, Chiang Mai, Thailand fr...
    Date2019.08.20 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1420 file
    Read More
  10. 5162(II)_Wonderful… excellent … committed … joyful … respectful …wow!

Peer to Peer Exchange: Eastern Africa - Philippines 2019 By Harambee Link AFE Province (Nairobi) Cebu, the Philippines, 8 August 2019 -- These were some of the emotions expressed by the 12 delegates who have come from Tanzania (AFE province...
    Date2019.08.08 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views868 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 Next
/ 26