?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20181026_FIS.jpg

SALVO (Salesian Lay Volunteers), service to the needy

By FIS Social Communications

Cebu, the Philippines, 25 October 2018 -- SALVO (Salesian Lay Volunteers) members celebrated this year's Missions Month and the feast day of Mary Help of Christians in Gasa sa Gugma for Dying Destitutes run by the Missionaries of Charity (the Sisters of Mother Teresa, Saint Teresa of Calcutta) at Cabantan Street, Barrio Luz, in Mabolo, Cebu City with the help of Fr Leonard Mcmanus, SDB. They had the chance to assist fifty-nine elderly people. Salesian Lay Volunteers (SALVO ) sponsored today's feeding program.

They also paid tribute to the remaining few foreign Salesian missionaries here in FIS by visiting and having a simple lunch with Fr Felice Furlan, SDB who has been a missionary for 56 years and Fr Leonard Mcmanus, SDB who has been in the Philippines for 45 years. They were very happy to meet them and hear their words of wisdom about volunteering and being in the missions.They also hope to visit Fr Pietro Franceso Uras, SDB in Buda next month.

Thank you to all the volunteers who shared their time and effort , Fr Arvin D. Abatayo, SDB and SALVO core team for the initiative to celebrate the Missions Month in Gasa sa Gugma and lastly to Fr Leonard Mcmanus, SDB for letting SALVO members assist his feeding program.

20181026_FIS1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5315(IV)_Different Flavors, One Feast

ALA_5315 By FIS Social Communication FIS Province, the Philippines, 12 February 2020 -- Although separated by the seas, the different communities of the Philippine South Province sitting on five big islands expressed their devotion and love...
    Date2020.02.13 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views931 file
    Read More
  2. 5306(I)_Salesian Family Day – Lawaan Version

ALA_5306 By Fr. Mel Racelis, SDB Lawaan, The Philippines (FIS), 28 January 2020 -- It was the first time that DBFC, on a day closest to the feast of St John Bosco, organized a gathering of the members of the Salesian Family including Salesi...
    Date2020.01.30 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views922 file
    Read More
  3. 5300(III)_Behind Faith Stories and Struggles

ALA_5300 An interview with Fr Randy Figuracion, SDB By Ms. Jennifer Cordova Editor’s Note: Ms. Jennifer Cordova, our Social Communications correspondent interviews Fr. Randy on his new book. Cebu, FIS Province, The Philippines, 24 January 2...
    Date2020.01.24 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views785 file
    Read More
  4. 5294(III)_Volunteers accompany the digital youth in Mindanao

ALA_5294 The joy is always helping youth to growth By Ms. Mae Kristine Goopio–Moran Cebu, The Philippines, January 2020 -- Interview with lay missionary volunteer Ms. Mae Goopio-Moran. CAN YOU DESCRIBE YOUR VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE? When I was ...
    Date2020.01.13 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views869 file
    Read More
  5. 5290(I)_Fr. Monix, a passionate and faithful Salesian

ALA_5290 By FIS Commission of Social Communication Borongan Eastern Samar, The Philippines, 6 January 2020 -- On Monday 6 January, the Salesian Family, in the presence of Bishop Peter Baquero, SDB, DD of Kerema and Bishop Crispin Varquez, D...
    Date2020.01.07 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views938 file
    Read More
  6. 5284(V)_Fr. Ramon Pacada, RIP.

ALA_5284 Fr. Monix, welcome to the Salesian Garden! By our own correspondent Cebu, Philippines, 30 December 2019 -- The FIS Province breaks the sad news of the sudden death of Fr. Ramon Pacada, SDB. Fr "Monix" as he was called, who collapse...
    Date2019.12.30 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1273 file
    Read More
  7. 5274(I)_Ang Huling Himala, a play in honor of the Immaculate Conception

ALA_5274 Salesian candidates and Novices By FIS social communication DB Formation Center Lawaan, Cebu, Philippines, 13 December 2019 -- On 7 December, before the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, the novices and aspirants staged a play en...
    Date2019.12.14 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views817 file
    Read More
  8. 5267(II)_Volunteer Experience in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

ALA_5267 “Do not put off till tomorrow the good you can do today. You may not have a tomorrow.” By Ms Dharlen O. Arnejo, SALVO volunteer office Cebu-Philippines, FIS Cebu, Philippines, 5 December 2019 -- I firmly believe that the mission in...
    Date2019.12.05 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views918 file
    Read More
  9. 5266(II)_As a volunteer I became a better person

ALA_5266 By Ms Karen Castigador Cebu City, Philippines, 1 December 2019 -- Interview with former SALVO Volunteer, Ms Karen Castigador How was your volunteer experience? I would always consider my volunteer experience as something very valua...
    Date2019.12.04 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views765 file
    Read More
  10. 5259(I)_Missionary volunteer illuminates the spirit of love

ALA_5259 What Filipinos are learning in Cambodia By SALVO former volunteer – Josteno Hernan Cebu, Philippines, 26 November 2019 -- Another SALVO Volunteer offers thoughts on his experience. How was your volunteer experience in Cambodia? I h...
    Date2019.11.26 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views609 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26 Next
/ 26