Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1093 Comment 0

20180401_FIS.jpg

Interview with Bro. Louie Domasian, SDB

By Our Own Correspondent

Cebu, the Philippines, 1 April 2018 -- Each of the 11 Provinces of our Region is preparing in different ways for the incoming EAO Salesian Brother Congress in Vietnam. Recently held FIS meeting of the Salesian Brother with the Formation Commission produced many effects and also seven replies to the interview suggested before the Congress. In the same time the FIS Social Communication Team takes care about five video clips - profile of five FIS Brothers.

What makes you happy as Salesian Brother?

Being with the young.

Who is your Salesian Brother model?

Yes, there are many - Blessed Brother Artemide Zatti, Venerable Brother Simon Srugi and good number of senior Filipino Brothers, some of them already passed away - Br. Ramon, Br. Elmer, Br. Tena and Br. Henry (FIN).

What is the specific contribution of the Salesian Brother to our Charism?

Each Brother is an Educator and Evangelizer and his main contribution is his Life witness!

How to make the vocation of Salesian Brother more visible in the Church?

In the Salesian context: Give the Salesian Brothers the opportunity to lead the Youth Ministry. Involve them in the think-tank of every provincial sector commission.

How can the Salesian priest contribute to the Salesian Brother Vocation promotion?

I would like to ask our Salesian priest to stop focusing on the “kingly” ministry of Christ. Rather focus on his being a Servant. There he will be able to understand the world and mind frame of the Salesian Brothers.

What does sustain you in the vocation journey?

First of all I feel the support of my own batchmates and then deep conviction to my religious vows.

Any expectations for the path towards the 2018 Salesian Brothers Congress?

Yes, I would like to know and to be presented in the EAO Congress: "How many are the Salesian Brothers working in the General House? How many Salesian Brothers are involved in the running and in making decisions in the different sectors at the world level? For example in the Sector of Formation in Rome. What is the ratio and proportion of the Brothers and the Priests in the General House?" From this situation maybe we could know if the framework (= Brothers and Priest ration is balanced or not) is being presented to the whole Congregation.

20180401_FIS2.jpg

20180401_FIS3.jpg

20180401_FIS4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )