FIS
2019.11.15 13:00

5251(III)_Life-changing experience

Views 1777 Comment 0
ALA_5251

20191115_FIS.jpg

SALVO volunteer reflects

By Ms Margarita Rio Diongzon

Cebu, Philippines, 15 November 2019 -- A SALVO Volunteer reflects on her experience in Cambodia.

How was your volunteer experience?

For me, it was life-changing because I was able to discover more about myself along the process; I didn’t even realize that I am that kind of person. It helped me to become more responsible, kind-hearted in everything that I do in my life, and lastly it made me appreciate how beautiful is to live in this world full of surprises and uncertainty.

What was one of the greatest joys of the experience?

One of the most memorable for me was seeing their smiles everyday. Even though most of the time we couldn’t understand each other because of the language barrier but I felt their sincerity whenever they say, “Thank you!”. For me, it was my greatest joy that kept my heart and mind going during my entire volunteer service.

What was the one of the biggest challenges of the experience?

The biggest challenge for me was the communication between me and the whole community, I was in.

What did you learned from your volunteer experience?

One thing that they’ve taught me was to be patient. Everything will be given to you, if not now; soon. I firmly believe that God prepares something better for me and for everyone who has faith in Him. You just have to wait and be patient.

How has this experience impacted your life journey?

I became more mature when making an important decision and I am grateful for all the things I have in my life right now. I can totally say that I am indeed a better version of me than I was before, after my volunteer service in Cambodia.

What does Don Bosco mean to you after this experience?

Don Bosco became my constant reminder that I can help in my own little way. Being present and my journey with them can go a long way.

20191115_FIS1.jpg

20191115_FIS2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5258(III)_Mr. Christine Umpad – former SALVO volunteer in Cambodia

ALA_5258 What volunteers are learning in mission lands Cebu, Philippines, 24 November 2019 -- Interview with FIS Missionary Volunteer from SALVO (Salesian Lay Volunteers): How was your brief volunteer experience in Cambodia? My volunteering...
    Date2019.11.25 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views652 file
    Read More
  2. 5252_Interview with SALVO (FIS) former Volunteer in Myanmar

ALA_5252 Don Bosco's charism is timeless and relevant today By Ms. Zennaida Ann Miranda (Taichi) Cebu, Philippines, 16 November 2019 -- The series of interviews with our EAO lay missionary volunteers (who are sent) and the receving SDB comm...
    Date2019.11.16 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1316 file
    Read More
  3. 5251(III)_Life-changing experience

ALA_5251 SALVO volunteer reflects By Ms Margarita Rio Diongzon Cebu, Philippines, 15 November 2019 -- A SALVO Volunteer reflects on her experience in Cambodia. How was your volunteer experience? For me, it was life-changing because I was ab...
    Date2019.11.15 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1777 file
    Read More
  4. 5247(IV)_“YES!” IDBYC 2019

ALA_5247 SYM Gathering, Cebu By Nestle Jean A. Java and Caren Nicole Lacida Cebu, The Philippines, 11 November 2019 -- The Salesian Youth Movement (SYM) Philippines South – FIS core group spearheaded by Fr. Vince Michael Sabal, SDB organize...
    Date2019.11.11 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1682 file
    Read More
  5. 5247(I)_Be who you are and be that well!

ALA_5247 FIS provincial assembly 2019 in Mambucal (Negros) By FIS-SC office Mambucal, Murcia, Negros Occidental, The Philippines, 9 November 2019 -- Salesians from all over the Philippines South Province gathered together at the Diocesan Sh...
    Date2019.11.11 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views963 file
    Read More
  6. 5243(V)_Salesian Brother Lamberto Tena - Living Passion for Vocations

ALA_5243 By FIS vocation ministry Don Bosco Mati, Mindanao, 3 November 2019 -- Interview with the most senior vocation promotor in the EAO region - Br. Tena. Among the 9 first year Aspirants at the Don Bosco College Aspirantate in Lawaan (C...
    Date2019.11.04 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1705 file
    Read More
  7. 5176(I)_SYM-Philippines at the AYA-ATF in Thailand

By Fr. Vince Michael Sabal, SDB Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines, 10 August 2019 -- The Asian Lay Leaders (ALL) Forum organized the Asian Youth Academy (AYA) and Asian Theology Forum (ATF) at CLUMP Center, Chom Thong, Chiang Mai, Thailand fr...
    Date2019.08.20 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1412 file
    Read More
  8. 5162(II)_Wonderful… excellent … committed … joyful … respectful …wow!

Peer to Peer Exchange: Eastern Africa - Philippines 2019 By Harambee Link AFE Province (Nairobi) Cebu, the Philippines, 8 August 2019 -- These were some of the emotions expressed by the 12 delegates who have come from Tanzania (AFE province...
    Date2019.08.08 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views863 file
    Read More
  9. 5156(I)_Working together

Way to the Future: FIS province By FIS SC Delegate Lourdes Parish, Cebu City, the Philippines, 25 July 2019 -- The delegates of the different sector commissions met at the Family and Life Building of the Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of L...
    Date2019.08.01 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1170 file
    Read More
  10. 5144(I)_Christianity and Islam at the Crossroads

Silsilah experience in Mindanao By Fr. Eugene Maglasang Provincial Delegate for Pakistan Mindanao – Zamboanga City, Philippines (FIS), 15 July 2019 -- Fr. Eugene Maclasang (Delegate for Pakistan) and Fr Arvin Abatayao (Delegate for Missiona...
    Date2019.07.19 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1258 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 Next
/ 26