austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190414_FIS.jpg

By Bro. Jeffrey Umbu, INA

Dumangas, the Philippines, 11 April 2019 -- My name is Jefrianus Umbu Dapa Loka, SDB, born on 31 January,1995, in Sumba Island (Indonesia, near the SDB formation house). I got to learn about Jesus through my family, who taught me the catechism ever since I was I child. My mother taught me how to pray and brought me to church every Sunday to attend Mass. Aside from my family, my school and the oratory with the Salesians, I also tried to hone my life to be a better Christian. That is the reason why I also got to know about the life and work of the Salesians, which inspired me to follow in their footsteps by offering myself to become a Salesian Brother.

After learning about the life of Don Bosco in the oratory, I have always aspired to become a Salesian. After finishing my secondary years in school, I entered the Tigaraksa community to be an aspirant last 2014, then transferred as a prenovice in 2015 and to the novitiate in 2016. Thanks be to God I made my first profession in Sumba community on 24 July, 2016. My formation has been a memorable experience, learning about the Salesian spirit. After my first profession, I continued my formation in the postnovitiate in Jakarta - Wisma Don Bosco - for the last two years.

Ont 5 September 2018, I arrived in the Dumangas community (FIS - Philippines South) for my practical training. At first, it was really hard because I was afraid to connect and communicate with other people due to my poor English. Moreover, I do not have many skills to share with the young, but I believe that God always guides and helps me in whatever I do. I am grateful to my confreres and the people here in Dumangas because they are very kind and they help me in any way they can. The culture of the Philippines and Indonesia are quite similar and the people are always so hospitable and willing to give a helping hand, that is the reason I have not experienced any culture shock.

Since I have been staying with the young people in the Boys Home in Dumangas, I have learned that the majority of them were just forced to come here because of poverty. Many of them shared that they did not want to be away from their family, but because of financial incapacity they chose to live and serve in Don Bosco in exchange for education. Through this, I have realised their determination to finish their school despite some sacrifices. That also applies to me to be serious in my Salesian vocation, I have to stay strong and be determined to be able to achieve what I want despite setbacks.

I am happy to share my Salesian life with my confreres and to dedicate my life to the young people. At the same time I am also grateful to become a good example for the young people here.

20190414_FIS1.jpg

20190414_FIS2.jpg

20190414_FIS3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5062(I)_42 years witness of Salesian consecrated life

Fr Luis Badilla, SDB returned to the Father By FIS provincial secretary Cebu, the Philippines, 12 April, 2019 -- Fr. Luis Badilla, was born on 21 May, 1957, grew up in Tondo (Manila) and entered the seminary after his high school. He profes...
    Date2019.04.15 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views900 file
    Read More
  2. 5061(II)_Practical training in FIS province (Dumangas Don Bosco)

By Bro. Jeffrey Umbu, INA Dumangas, the Philippines, 11 April 2019 -- My name is Jefrianus Umbu Dapa Loka, SDB, born on 31 January,1995, in Sumba Island (Indonesia, near the SDB formation house). I got to learn about Jesus through my family...
    Date2019.04.14 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1360 file
    Read More
  3. 5057(I)_DBTI Victorias going on 70 years

By Our Own Correspondent Victorias, Negros, the Philippines, 5 April 2019 -- The history of the Salesian charism in the Philippines started from Victorias, a small town in Negros Island, far away from Manila, in 1951. Quite a unique setting...
    Date2019.04.06 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1163 file
    Read More
  4. 5047(II)_30 years of ADMA presence in Dumaguete

By the ADMA Chapter Dumaguete, the Philippines, 24 March 2019 -- The Salesian presence in the southern city of Negros Island, Dumaguete, goes back to 1986, when the Salesian Congregation took over the former CICM school of St Louis started ...
    Date2019.03.25 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views922 file
    Read More
  5. 5046(II)_9th Provincial Chapter of FIS province concludes

By Our Own Correspondent Lawaan, Cebu, the Philippines, 23 March 2019 -- The 9th Provincial Chapter of the FIS (Philippines South – Pakistan) province of Mary Help of Christians was held in Don Bosco Retreat House (Lawaan, Talisay City – Ce...
    Date2019.03.24 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views888 file
    Read More
  6. 5044_'What helps you in your vocation growth during practical training?'

International seminar of practical trainees from five countries in Borongan By Our Own Correspondent Borongan, the Philippines, 21 March 2019 -- The long-awaited annual formation gathering of practical trainees fromthree provinces(Philippin...
    Date2019.03.22 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views689 file
    Read More
  7. 5028(I)_Don Bosco encounters Magone

From Magone Home Aftercare Program By Bro. Louie Domasian, SDB Cebu, the Philippines, 3 March 2019 -- It was more than a week since Salesians, on series of events, visited Magone Home. What is so special about this place? If I am not mistak...
    Date2019.03.06 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1517 file
    Read More
  8. 5027(I)_Synodality

The Visit of Fr Patrick and Fr Daniel to FIS By Commission on Youth Ministry - FIS Cebu City, Philippines, 2 March 2019 -- The Youth Ministry Department in Rome has sent two of their full-time staff, Fr Patrick Anthonyraj, SDB and Fr Daniel...
    Date2019.03.05 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1300 file
    Read More
  9. 5022(II)_Model Vocational Training Center

Mati, Mindanao 2019 By Our Own Correspondent Mati, Mindanao, the Philippines, 28 February 2019 -- The Don Bosco Vocation Training Center (TVET) since 1992 and the Sacred Heart of Jesus parish in Mati (Davao Oriental) since 1998 have been kn...
    Date2019.02.28 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views247186 file
    Read More
  10. 5020(II)_Sharing the Joy of Service in Mindanao

By Our Own Correspondent Mindanao, the Philippines, 26 February, 2019 -- Two Salesian parishes in Mindanao - Sacred Heart of Jesus (Mati) and Mary Help of Christians (Davao-Calinan-Dacudao) are a humble contribution to the evangelization of...
    Date2019.02.26 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views916 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26 Next
/ 26