?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1111 Comment 2

20170616_FIS.jpg

By Br. Bernard Alfred, SDB

Quetta, Pakistan, 16 June 2017 -- Fr. Samuel Adnan Ghouri, SDB was born in the household of Sadiq Masih and Rehmat Bibi in the small village of Sargodha near Lahore.

He received his basic education from a government school in his home town. After his 10th grade, he worked actively in a youth group in his village. Because of the family’s strong religious influence and his personal interest in the Church’s activities, he experienced God’s call for him to work in His vineyard.

He later joined as a candidate of the Salesian Congregation in 2003 in Lahore. In that same year, he was sent to a Salesian community in Quetta to learn more about living the consecrated life.

On the 10th of June 2007, he went to the Philippines to continue his formation in Don Bosco Formation Center in Lawaan, Talisay City. He spent a year in the Pre-Novitiate formation and another year in the Sacred Heart Novitiate under the guidance of his Novice Director, Fr. Godofredo Atienza, SDB, who is the current Provincial Superior of the Philippines South Province – FIS. He made his first religious profession on the 6th of May, 2009 as a Salesian cleric.

He studied Philosophy for two years in Don Bosco Post Novitiate Seminary in Canlubang, Laguna. He then moved back to Quetta and was assigned in the boarding school as a Practical Trainee for two years.

In 2013, he went back to the Philippines to continue his formation for priesthood as a Theology student in Don Bosco Center of Studies, Parañaque. On his second year, he made his perpetual profession as a Salesian on the 31st of May, 2015. The following year, the 24th of June, he was ordained Deacon.

Culminating his Theology studies, Rev. Samuel returned to Quetta, Pakistan where he was ordained a Priest on the 24th of May, 2017, Feast of Mary Help of Christians.

He is currently serving in Don Bosco Learning School Quetta and in Don Bosco Al-Falah Boy’s Hostel.

20170616_FIS1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2017.06.16 16:52

ORDINATION STORY BY Fr. Samuel

I was ordained on May 24 2017 on the Feast of Our Blessed Mother, Help of Christians at St Pius X Church, Quetta by the laying of the hands of His Excellency Bp. Victor Gnanapragasam, OMI Bishop of Apostolic Vicariate of Quetta in the presence of my family, Fr. Godofredo, FIS Provincial and my Novice Master, Fr. Eugene, Delegate Pakistan, Fr. Joel, Fr. Peter Zago, Fr. Noble, Bros. Francis and Bernard. Together with three families of our Pakistani clerics were present the local faithful among whom i started my journey as a Salesian aspirant in October 2003. I had chosen 

"REMEMBER, I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS" Mathew 28:20 as biblical theme for my ordination. 

It was a simple but solemn ceremony in which 

our teachers and students served at the altar and in the choir. 
    Kindly keep me in your prayers that Lord may give me the heart of Good Shepherd and keep me faithful as a minister to his church specially to the care of the youth. 
    Thanks
    In Christ and Don Bosco, 
    Fr Sami, Quetta

-- 

• DSC_0180.JPG

Fr. Sami - Bishop - Provincial - Father

DSC_9593.JPG

Ordination - Holy Spirit

DSC_9577.JPG

1. 4474(II)_Salesian Brother, Salesian Accompaniment, Salesian Presence in the Catholic Church

Animation Visit of Fr. Klement to FIS By FIS - SocCom Lawaan Talisay, the Philippines, 21 August 2017 -- About 50 Confreres and novices from the FIS province gathered for a conference of Fr. Vaclav Klement. He began by sharing his simple ob...
    Date2017.08.21 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1288 file
    Read More
  2. 4469(III)_Laying of corner stone

St Francis de Sales Chapel of the Sacred Heart Novitiate By Bro. Luke Maloloy-on, SDB Talisay, the Philippines, 15 August -- The community of the Don Bosco Formation Center gathered together at the site of the soon-to-rise St Francis de Sal...
    Date2017.08.16 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views654 file
    Read More
  3. 4442(I)_Relief Drive for Marawi

The journey towards 12th EAO Don Bosco Alumni Congress in Japan started By FIS Social Com Marawi, the Philippines, 13 July 2017 -- The Salesian Lay Volunteer Organization (SALVO)-FIS led by Fr. Arvin Abatayo SDB, organized a relief drive fo...
    Date2017.07.21 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views3488 file
    Read More
  4. 4410(IV)_Vocation story: Fr. Samuel Adnan Ghouri, SDB

By Br. Bernard Alfred, SDB Quetta, Pakistan, 16 June 2017 -- Fr. Samuel Adnan Ghouri, SDB was born in the household of Sadiq Masih and Rehmat Bibi in the small village of Sargodha near Lahore. He received his basic education from a governme...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryFIS Reply2 Views1111 file
    Read More
  5. 4395_FIS 25th Anniversary

By Social Communications Office FIS Cebu, the Philippines, 31 May 2017 -- "Our congregation is 163 years old and our very own Philippine South Province is 25 - quite a long stretch of time in between. But through it all, we have our Salesia...
    Date2017.05.31 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views692 file
    Read More
  6. 4390(II)_Marian Choral Concert

By Fr. Randy A. Figuracion, SDB Cebu, the Philippines, 24 May 2017 -- A Choral Concert for a Cause dubbed “Memorare” was organized by the Salesian Music Ministry of the Southern Philippine Province in partnership with the Archdiocesan Shrin...
    Date2017.05.27 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1132 file
    Read More
  7. 4377(I)_Fr. Mac Manus (FIS) Shares his Life Journey

By Jose Enrico Maxino, DBTC Cebu, grade 11 Cebu, the Philippines, 10 May 2017 -- In DB Technological College, every Eucharist is also a chance for a good confession. Our school confessor, Fr. Liam James Mac Manus, just celebrated three impo...
    Date2017.05.10 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views2318 file
    Read More
  8. 4372(VI)_First Profession of Eleven New Salesians in Lawaan

World Confederation and Newsflash 2017 By Cl. April Jerome Quinto, SDB Photos: Jan Odivilas (FIS SocCom) Cebu, the Philippines, 6 May 2017 -- The feast of Saint Dominic Savio saw the solemn profession and investiture rites of eleven new Sal...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views587 file
    Read More
  9. 4362(II)_20 years of journey with the rural youth in Bicol

Don Bosco Agromechanical Technology Center By Br. Luigi Parolin, SDB Bicol, the Philippines, 27 April 2017 -- Dear Friends and Benefactors! I'm happy to share with you on this Eastertide about our humble rural Don Bosco Vocation training ce...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views564 file
    Read More
  10. 4253_Magnet of Love

By Bro. Jomar Castillo, SDB Cebu, the Philippines, 16 January 2017 -- Batobalani sa Gugma in Filipino/Bisaya literally means “Magnet of Love”, a love that refers to love the Sto. Niño. He is a magnet of Mercy and Compassion. These words are...
    Date2017.01.16 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views721 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 26 Next
/ 26