?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190208_ASC.jpg

Interview with Salesian Cooperator Ms Flora May Figuracion

By Our Own Correspondent

Cebu, the Philippines, 07 February 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator?

Knowing that I belong and am part of the great family of Don Bosco makes me happy. I have a Father in Don Bosco who has shown me the essential things in life: welcoming others in an atmosphere of family spirit; being joyful and optimistic in spite and despite the many challenges and difficulties life offers; doing my ordinary duties extraordinarily well in carrying out my daily responsibilities; that I would only find meaning in life through Jesus present in the Church and the Sacraments; and that I am not alone because there are many others who, like me, have discovered the fullness of life in living out the Salesian spirit I had inherited.

What makes you grow in your Salesian Cooperator vocation and mission?

The formations I had as a young person in the Don Bosco youth center and as a young cooperator has shaped the Salesian Cooperator vocation and mission in me. I discovered that living out the 5 elements of the Salesian youth spirituality: faithfulness to daily duty, daily encounter with Christ in prayer and in the Sacraments, being active and part in the Church life, with continued joy and optimism in carrying our my service and responsibility, had helped me so much in overcoming the challenges and difficulties in life. As I matured, I understood the importance of personal formation as a personal responsibility in becoming a more human person, a Christian and a Salesian. I was encouraged to read more, to study and enrol in classes that would somehow qualify me to the Salesian Cooperator vocation and mission. However all this knowledge would never bring me to holiness until I connect to the realities of my neighbours and respond to the needs of the time. It was when I decided to do more good for others, overcoming my own personal needs, that I have come to understand my vocation and mission as a Salesian Cooperator.

What are the major challenges in vocation growth (personal and centre)?

Among the major challenges in vocation growth of Salesian Cooperator:

At a personal level: include the decision of the individual to take seriously the personal responsibility of personal formation; the need for a mentor or an assistant or a companion who would shepherd each Salesian Cooperator member in his/her formation development; spending more time of fellowship and communion.

As a local centre: formation of formators; sharing of personal and group apostolate experiences; instead of the once a month meeting, more occasion of coming together.

How do you prepare yourself as a formator?

To prepare myself as formator, I attended classes in the Masters program for Clinical Psychology as a response to the need in the human dimension. I had the opportunity to join Salesianity classes with the Novices offered by the Don Bosco Center for Lay and Youth (DB-CLAY) for three years and I'm currently attending a three weeks Salesianity Course in summer (2017-2019) over three years, organized for the Salesians and Lay mission partners in the EAO Region. For the Christian dimension, I am into a personal study and readings of Catechism and Church documents.

Aside from developing and increasing in knowledge, it is also very important for my task as formator, to translate these into good modules and acquire the skill in facilitating formation. Taking into consideration the sensitivity to the individual journey of each Salesian Cooperator.

What exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperators do you dream about?

I dream about preparation of common formation module (content) from among EAO Salesian Cooperators that is doable and would draw out the richness of the individual.

As an EAO region or FIS province, I dream of organized formation sessions that would enhance our quality as formators

I dream of developing leaders out of each Salesian Cooperator.

What do you expect from the 2019 EAO Formators Workshop in Cambodia?

In this 2019 EAO Formators Workshop in Cambodia, I expect that:

• The Formators attending the workshop would have THE SAME MENTALITY of understanding as to how we are to carry out the Formation of a Salesian Cooperator.
  • As an EAO region, we can come up with a common content of formation theme that would eventually developed in modules
  • There is sharing of best practices of formation processes

How do you put into practice the four pillars of formation: Know — Know how to do? — Know how to be? ~ Know how to live in communion?

Putting the four pillars of formation into practice requires planning and creativity in carrying out the integral formation of an individual. Formation does not only end in sharing knowledge but also extends to the actual practice or its application in daily life through the integration of values, virtues, skills and attitudes. Thus, there is the need for a more individual encounter, follow up and exchange between Formator and Aspirants in formation. Investing in more time of preparation and a sound after care program is crucial and necessary.

20190208_ASC1.jpg

20190208_ASC2.jpg

20190208_ASC3.jpg

20190208_ASC4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5004(I)_"Only by doing good to others do we understand our vocation"

Interview with Salesian Cooperator Ms Flora May Figuracion By Our Own Correspondent Cebu, the Philippines, 07 February 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator? Knowing that I belong and am part of the great family of Don Bosco...
    Date2019.02.08 CategoryASC Reply0 Views715 file
    Read More
  2. 5003(II)_"I dream of a formation that will attract young people"

Interview with Salesian Cooperator from Jakarta By Our Own Correspondent Jakarta, Indonesia, 5 February 2019 -- Interview with a Salesian Cooperator from Jakarta. Ms Ernie Djohan is an active member of the only Salesian Cooperators Centre i...
    Date2019.02.07 CategoryASC Reply0 Views765 file
    Read More
  3. 4992(I)_Growing in my vocation thanks to consistent prayer life

Interview with Salesian Cooperator - Ms Imelda Benitez By Our Own Correspondent Manila, the Philippines, 23 January 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator? Feeling and realizing the grace of more meaningful circumstances of m...
    Date2019.01.28 CategoryASC Reply0 Views793 file
    Read More
  4. 4991(II)_Sharing wisdom of 3-year renewal journey ASC in Patagonia

Interview with Ms. Norma Cristina Oviedo - Argentina By Our Own Correspondent Patagonia, Argentina, 26 January 2019 -- Tell us about the life of the Provincial Coordinator of the Salesian Cooperators in Patagonia? Until recently I was fully...
    Date2019.01.27 CategoryASC Reply0 Views778 file
    Read More
  5. 4969_Outdoor Camp for Youth and Parents

30 participants from 4 Salesian schools in Hong Kong By Mr Philip Yu, ASC Hong Kong, 1 January 2019 -- The first “experimental” wild camp run by China province Salesian Cooperators was held in Cheung Chau (Hong Kong) for youth and their fam...
    Date2019.01.03 CategoryASC Reply0 Views6257 file
    Read More
  6. 4954(II)_Challenges and dreams of Korean Salesian Cooperator

Interview with Thomas Aquinas Lee By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 18 December 2018 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator? I’m happy to live the vocation of the Salesian Cooperator and am also content that my two daughters ...
    Date2018.12.19 CategoryASC Reply0 Views780 file
    Read More
  7. 4950(I)_Salesian Cooperators attracted by Don Bosco

Interview with Mr. Laurentio Shin, ASC By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 16 December 2018 -- Laurentio Shin, ASC, is a committed member of the formation school for aspirants to the Salesian Cooperators and is accompanying a new ASC cen...
    Date2018.12.16 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1069 file
    Read More
  8. 4944_Salesian Cooperator Vocation - Sharing the Treasure

Interview with Mr Celestino Yoon, ASC By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 10 December 2018 -- Mr Celestino Yoon Jeongol was recently congratulated for his long-term contribution to formation at the province level as former ASC Provincial...
    Date2018.12.10 CategoryASC Reply0 Views825 file
    Read More
  9. 4942(I)_Joyful gratitude and loving fidelity - Korea ASC

ASC Advent Retreat held in Daejeon By Mr Tomas Aquinas Lee, ASC Daejeon, Korea, 2 December 2018 -- The Association of Salesian Cooperators in Korea held its Advent Retreat with the theme “God, ASC and I (sub title: ‘For God sent his son int...
    Date2018.12.07 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1079 file
    Read More
  10. 4896(II)_Thanks to Noemi and Congratulations to Antonio

Fifth ASC World Congress - new vision, new World Coordinator By Mr. Thomas Aquinas Lee Provincial Councilor ASC, Korea Rome, Italy, 28 October 2018 -- The past four short days of the Fifth World Congress of the Association of the Salesian C...
    Date2018.10.29 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1173 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17 Next
/ 17