?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190127_ASC.jpg

Interview with Ms. Norma Cristina Oviedo - Argentina

By Our Own Correspondent

Patagonia, Argentina, 26 January 2019 -- Tell us about the life of the Provincial Coordinator of the Salesian Cooperators in Patagonia?

Until recently I was fully involved in Salesian education as Principal of one schools in Trelew, Patagonia - Southern Argentina. Now I am already retired, so i have more time to visit and assist the specific local ASC centre in our large territory. These visit are very appreciated, since there was no chance to make them in the past. Due to the large distances we often have virtual meetings of the provincial council, only rarely we can meet all together.

How are the Salesian Cooperators in Patagonia being formed?

In the past each local centre was just reporting to the provincial council about their economy (budget) and simple evaluation of their 'activities', but there was no progress, no shared journey in vocation growth! At present we request each local centre to make their own formation plan according their needs. Last November 2018, just after the 5th ASC Congress in Rome, we held a Provincial ASC Congress focused on formation and next May 19, 2019 we are planning the first provincial encounter of 18-30 year old aspirants in order to rejuvenate our Association. In fact during the last 3 years our province invested a lot into formation renewal, supported by our Regional resources (Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile).

What were the steps taken for your formation program and method for renewal?

The first year (2015-2016) we did an evaluation of our situation, a kind of SWOT and we discovered three main challenges: (1) How do we live our call - vocation, asking ourselves 'Why did we make the promise?' (2) We questioned our visibility. How are we visible in the Church and society? (3) What attracts our aspirants to the Salesian Cooperator vocation? - and really no attractive proposals were offered. We recognized that we were tired, there were some dead structures, large distances (hundreds of km) among our centres prevented our animation, many centres with no aspirants. And we questioned our vocation attractiveness.

The second year (2017) we put all our energies into study and formative reflection. We studied the main SDB and Church documents - The Charter of Identity of the SF, Project of Apostolic life (PAL), The Joy of the Gospel (Pope Francis) and bits and pieces of other Catholic Church magisterium.

The third year (2018) was dedicated to making some major choices: focus on Jesus Christ, focus on the Young and focus on the Mission! Each centre was requested to put these priorities at the top of their concrete lines of action in their local context. After these three years of renewal most of our local centres became more responsible for their own formation and mission.

And how is your own local centre in Trelew?

In our local centre in Trelew there are 7 members with promise and 4 new aspirants in formation. Our Cooperators are involved in the formation of formators, of leaders in the Oratory and the Salesian Parish (Salesian Youth Movement and Exploradores Don Bosco who are the local scout movement). And we have also our outreach Oratory in the quite poor and difficult district of San Cayetano.

20190127_ASC1.jpg

20190127_ASC2.jpg

20190127_ASC3.jpg

20190127_ASC4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5004(I)_"Only by doing good to others do we understand our vocation"

Interview with Salesian Cooperator Ms Flora May Figuracion By Our Own Correspondent Cebu, the Philippines, 07 February 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator? Knowing that I belong and am part of the great family of Don Bosco...
    Date2019.02.08 CategoryASC Reply0 Views714 file
    Read More
  2. 5003(II)_"I dream of a formation that will attract young people"

Interview with Salesian Cooperator from Jakarta By Our Own Correspondent Jakarta, Indonesia, 5 February 2019 -- Interview with a Salesian Cooperator from Jakarta. Ms Ernie Djohan is an active member of the only Salesian Cooperators Centre i...
    Date2019.02.07 CategoryASC Reply0 Views754 file
    Read More
  3. 4992(I)_Growing in my vocation thanks to consistent prayer life

Interview with Salesian Cooperator - Ms Imelda Benitez By Our Own Correspondent Manila, the Philippines, 23 January 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator? Feeling and realizing the grace of more meaningful circumstances of m...
    Date2019.01.28 CategoryASC Reply0 Views793 file
    Read More
  4. 4991(II)_Sharing wisdom of 3-year renewal journey ASC in Patagonia

Interview with Ms. Norma Cristina Oviedo - Argentina By Our Own Correspondent Patagonia, Argentina, 26 January 2019 -- Tell us about the life of the Provincial Coordinator of the Salesian Cooperators in Patagonia? Until recently I was fully...
    Date2019.01.27 CategoryASC Reply0 Views776 file
    Read More
  5. 4969_Outdoor Camp for Youth and Parents

30 participants from 4 Salesian schools in Hong Kong By Mr Philip Yu, ASC Hong Kong, 1 January 2019 -- The first “experimental” wild camp run by China province Salesian Cooperators was held in Cheung Chau (Hong Kong) for youth and their fam...
    Date2019.01.03 CategoryASC Reply0 Views6252 file
    Read More
  6. 4954(II)_Challenges and dreams of Korean Salesian Cooperator

Interview with Thomas Aquinas Lee By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 18 December 2018 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator? I’m happy to live the vocation of the Salesian Cooperator and am also content that my two daughters ...
    Date2018.12.19 CategoryASC Reply0 Views779 file
    Read More
  7. 4950(I)_Salesian Cooperators attracted by Don Bosco

Interview with Mr. Laurentio Shin, ASC By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 16 December 2018 -- Laurentio Shin, ASC, is a committed member of the formation school for aspirants to the Salesian Cooperators and is accompanying a new ASC cen...
    Date2018.12.16 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1069 file
    Read More
  8. 4944_Salesian Cooperator Vocation - Sharing the Treasure

Interview with Mr Celestino Yoon, ASC By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 10 December 2018 -- Mr Celestino Yoon Jeongol was recently congratulated for his long-term contribution to formation at the province level as former ASC Provincial...
    Date2018.12.10 CategoryASC Reply0 Views821 file
    Read More
  9. 4942(I)_Joyful gratitude and loving fidelity - Korea ASC

ASC Advent Retreat held in Daejeon By Mr Tomas Aquinas Lee, ASC Daejeon, Korea, 2 December 2018 -- The Association of Salesian Cooperators in Korea held its Advent Retreat with the theme “God, ASC and I (sub title: ‘For God sent his son int...
    Date2018.12.07 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1079 file
    Read More
  10. 4896(II)_Thanks to Noemi and Congratulations to Antonio

Fifth ASC World Congress - new vision, new World Coordinator By Mr. Thomas Aquinas Lee Provincial Councilor ASC, Korea Rome, Italy, 28 October 2018 -- The past four short days of the Fifth World Congress of the Association of the Salesian C...
    Date2018.10.29 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1159 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17 Next
/ 17