Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20181219_ASC.jpg

Interview with Thomas Aquinas Lee

By Our Own Correspondent

Seoul, Korea, 18 December 2018 -- 

What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator?

I’m happy to live the vocation of the Salesian Cooperator and am also content that my two daughters live this vocation. Both of them just made their promise and so the whole family became a ‘Salesian Cooperator family’. And my sincere joy is also growing more, since after 10 years, now some new members have made their promise and there are many new aspirants in our Amsadong Centre.

What keeps you going on the Salesian Cooperator vocation journey?

I became a Salesian Cooperator during my university studies, then my wife began attending our ASC Centre and our family began to take this vocation journey together. Aside from a few exceptional moments we have never missed our monthly meeting. Even during my busy professional life I was always journeying with Mary Help of Christians on pathways of Salesian spirituality, thanks to many SDBs and FMAs who showed us Jesus through the witness of their spiritual life.

What is your challenge on this Salesian Cooperator vocation journey?

In our ASC centre there are many who haven't wanted to continue as active ASC members (due to the heavier time demands than for the parish Legion of Mary, for example) and over the past 10 years there were no new members in our local centre, and not even new aspirants. We were also not able to discover a suitable apostolate. However, the deeper and truer reason was the lack of a truly loving heart or lack of sacrifice, lack of effort and the right attitude to dedicating time to work for God's kingdom. Thanks be to God now, after 10 years, we have been blessed with new promised members and a growing number of aspirants. Surely we need a humble and kindly loving heart, an awakened heart. When I contemplate the photos of Father Cimatti, it is at those moments that I feel the first roots of my vocation in my heart and feel the need of God’s grace today. Our centre is now trying to develop an adequate apostolate and we have succeed, at least partly. Formation to our true identity is also going well.

What is your contribution at the ASC Korea province level?

As the provincial councilor for social communication I also shared in the translation of the PAL (Project of Apostolic Life) from English to Korean. I missed many hours of sleep and needed a lot of concentration during that work. At the same time I excused my laziness with the accumulated tiredness from my professional work.

What is your dream for an exchange between the East Asia – Oceania Salesian Cooperators?

Yes, I would like to visit the Shizuoka Salesian High school in Japan, administered by the Salesian Cooperators. I would like to invite the Cooperators from other EAO countries to visit Korea and show them our ‘formation school’ and other interesting experiences of Korean Salesian Cooperators. Another dream is to invite outstanding Cooperators from other countries to speak at our annual ASC conference and sharing – and with this in mind I am already in touch with the Japan ASC! At present one of our Amsadong Centre aspirants is studying in Japan and will be a good help later on for translation from Japanese to Korean.

What do you expect from the EAO 2019 Formation workshop?

I would like to understand the present situation of the EAO formation experience and also be inspired for quality formation. I would hope to be in contact and friendship with Salesian Cooperators from every EAO country to get more help for our improved formation.

And what about your future dreams?

I believe, there is still 30% of my life time in front of me and I would like to make the effort to live it with commitment in communion with others. I would like to experience the broad spectrum of Salesian Cooperators from childhood to senior age and responsibly share my own experience and knowledge in order to contribute to others. And I’m also aware, that for the few remaining years of my life, after retirement from my job, I need to dedicate myself to the new challenge of reinventing myself through ongoing study and reflection.

20181219_ASC2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5004(I)_"Only by doing good to others do we understand our vocation"

Interview with Salesian Cooperator Ms Flora May Figuracion By Our Own Correspondent Cebu, the Philippines, 07 February 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator? Knowing that I belong and am part of the great family of Don Bosco...
    Date2019.02.08 CategoryASC Reply0 Views706 file
    Read More
  2. 5003(II)_"I dream of a formation that will attract young people"

Interview with Salesian Cooperator from Jakarta By Our Own Correspondent Jakarta, Indonesia, 5 February 2019 -- Interview with a Salesian Cooperator from Jakarta. Ms Ernie Djohan is an active member of the only Salesian Cooperators Centre i...
    Date2019.02.07 CategoryASC Reply0 Views739 file
    Read More
  3. 4992(I)_Growing in my vocation thanks to consistent prayer life

Interview with Salesian Cooperator - Ms Imelda Benitez By Our Own Correspondent Manila, the Philippines, 23 January 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator? Feeling and realizing the grace of more meaningful circumstances of m...
    Date2019.01.28 CategoryASC Reply0 Views785 file
    Read More
  4. 4991(II)_Sharing wisdom of 3-year renewal journey ASC in Patagonia

Interview with Ms. Norma Cristina Oviedo - Argentina By Our Own Correspondent Patagonia, Argentina, 26 January 2019 -- Tell us about the life of the Provincial Coordinator of the Salesian Cooperators in Patagonia? Until recently I was fully...
    Date2019.01.27 CategoryASC Reply0 Views771 file
    Read More
  5. 4969_Outdoor Camp for Youth and Parents

30 participants from 4 Salesian schools in Hong Kong By Mr Philip Yu, ASC Hong Kong, 1 January 2019 -- The first “experimental” wild camp run by China province Salesian Cooperators was held in Cheung Chau (Hong Kong) for youth and their fam...
    Date2019.01.03 CategoryASC Reply0 Views6239 file
    Read More
  6. 4954(II)_Challenges and dreams of Korean Salesian Cooperator

Interview with Thomas Aquinas Lee By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 18 December 2018 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator? I’m happy to live the vocation of the Salesian Cooperator and am also content that my two daughters ...
    Date2018.12.19 CategoryASC Reply0 Views767 file
    Read More
  7. 4950(I)_Salesian Cooperators attracted by Don Bosco

Interview with Mr. Laurentio Shin, ASC By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 16 December 2018 -- Laurentio Shin, ASC, is a committed member of the formation school for aspirants to the Salesian Cooperators and is accompanying a new ASC cen...
    Date2018.12.16 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1068 file
    Read More
  8. 4944_Salesian Cooperator Vocation - Sharing the Treasure

Interview with Mr Celestino Yoon, ASC By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 10 December 2018 -- Mr Celestino Yoon Jeongol was recently congratulated for his long-term contribution to formation at the province level as former ASC Provincial...
    Date2018.12.10 CategoryASC Reply0 Views816 file
    Read More
  9. 4942(I)_Joyful gratitude and loving fidelity - Korea ASC

ASC Advent Retreat held in Daejeon By Mr Tomas Aquinas Lee, ASC Daejeon, Korea, 2 December 2018 -- The Association of Salesian Cooperators in Korea held its Advent Retreat with the theme “God, ASC and I (sub title: ‘For God sent his son int...
    Date2018.12.07 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1075 file
    Read More
  10. 4896(II)_Thanks to Noemi and Congratulations to Antonio

Fifth ASC World Congress - new vision, new World Coordinator By Mr. Thomas Aquinas Lee Provincial Councilor ASC, Korea Rome, Italy, 28 October 2018 -- The past four short days of the Fifth World Congress of the Association of the Salesian C...
    Date2018.10.29 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1131 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17 Next
/ 17