by vaclav posted Oct 15, 2020
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

Gallery of Holy Salesian Cooperators - for your inspiration

Salesian Cooperators  official list of holiness 2020 update (photo, short life sketch in ENGLISH)

Blessed (7)

Pius IX, Pope (+1878, Italy)  Pius IX-Blessed 2000.docx

Bartolome Blanco Marquez, Lay Martyr (+ 1936, SpainBlessed Bartolome Blanco Marquez ASC.docx

Alexandrina Maria Da Costa, Lay (+1955, Portugal) Alessandrina-eng(49pages).doc

Toniolo Giuseppe, Lay (+1918, Italy) TONIOLO-prayer ENG.pdf

Alexander Planas Sauri, Lay Martyr (+1936, Spain) 

Alexander-note2.png

Teresa Cejudo Redondo de Caballero, Lay Martyr (+1936, Spain)Blessed Teresa Cejudo ASC.docx

Hedviges Carboni, Lay (+1952, Italy) Blessed Edvige Carboni 1880-1952.docx

Venerable (3)

Dorotea Chopitea, Lay (9 June 1983)  -1891 (Spain) Chopitea-Venerable.docx

Margaret Occhiena, Lay (23 Oct 2006) – (Italy)  Mamma Margaret-Aubry Joseph ENG.pdf

Attilio Giordani, Lay (9 October 2013) – (Italy - Brazil) 

Giordani Attilio-sommario-EN.doc

VenerabilitaGiordaniMessaggioRM.pdf

Servant of God (4)

Giuseppe Guarino, Cardinal (+ 1897, Italy) Giuseppe Guarino-cardinal ASC.docx

Matilde Salem, Lay (+1961, Syria) Salem Mathilde.doc

Felice Canelli, Priest (+1977, Italy) ASC- Fr Felice Canelli servant of God.docx 

Vera Grita, Lay (+1969, Italy) Vera Grita ASC.docx

------------------------------------------------------------------

Short biography sketch of Holy Salesian Cooperators:

1. Blessed Bartolome Blanco Marquez (Martyr, 22 years old)
Love letter from prison proof of martyrdom of Spanish youth

Madrid, Oct 29, 2007 / 10:38 am (CNA).- Bartolome Blanco Marquez is one of the youngest of the group of 498 martyrs beatified by Pope Benedict XVI this past Sunday at the Vatican. A committed Catholic, the 22 year-old layman wrote a moving letter to his girlfriend Maruja just hours before his death.
"Your memory will go with me to the tomb, and as long as my heart is beating, it will beat with love for you," he told Maruja. "God has desired to exalt these earthly affections, ennobling them when we love each other in Him."
Therefore, although in my last days God is my light and my longing, this does not keep the memory of the person I most love from accompanying me until the hour of my death," he wrote in his letter.

His story

Bartolome was born in Pozoblanco on November 25, 1914. Orphaned as a child, he was raised by his aunt and uncle and worked as a chair maker. He was an outstanding student at the Salesian school of Pozoblanco and also helped out as a catechist. At the age of 18 he was elected secretary of a youth division of Catholic Action in Pozoblanco.
He was imprisoned in that city on August 18, 1936, when he was on leave from military service. On September 24 he was moved to a prison in Jaen, where he was held with fifteen priests and other laymen. There he was judged, condemned to death and shot on October 2, 1936.
During his trial, Bartolome remained true to his faith and his religious convictions. He did not protest his death sentence and told the court that if he lived he would continue being an active Catholic.
The letters he wrote on the eve of his death to his family and to his girlfriend Maruja show his profound faith.
"May this be my last will: forgiveness, forgiveness, forgiveness; but indulgence, which I wish to be accompanied by doing them as much good as possible. Therefore, I ask you to avenge me with the vengeance of a Christian: returning much good to those that have tried to do me evil," he wrote to his relatives.
On the day of his execution he left his cell barefoot, in order to be more conformed to Christ. He kissed his handcuffs, surprising the guards that cuffed him. He refused to be shot from behind. "Whoever dies for Christ should do so facing forward and standing straight. Long live Christ the King!" he shouted as he fell to ground under a shower of bullet.

Mamma Margaret low def.jpg

Mamma Margaret (+1856) Venerable

Pio IX.jpg

Pope Pius IX (1878) Blessed

guarino2.png

Cardinal Giuseppe Guarino (+1897, Italy) Servant of God

Vera Grita servant ASC.jpg

Vera Grita (+1969, Italy) Servant of God

Beata Hedviges Carboni ASC.png

Hedviges Carboni (1952, Italy) Blessed

Chopitea.jpg

Dorotea Chopitea (+1891, Spain) Venerable

Alessandrina-spiritual director.jpg

Alexandrina da Costa (+1955, Portugal) Blessed

Salem.jpg

Matilde Salem (+1961, Syria) Servant of God

GIORDANI Attilio.jpg

Attilio Giordani (+1973, Italy) Venerable

Blessed Martyr Bartolome 22 years Spain ASC.jpg

Blessed Martyr, Bartolome Blanco Marquez (22 years, +1936, Spain)

Blessed-Alexandre-Planas-Saurí ASC martyr.jpg

Blessed Martyr Alexander Planas Sauri (+1936, Spain)

Blessed-Teresa-Cejudo-Redondo-Salesian-Cooperator--a-martyr.jpg

Martyr Blessed Teresa Cejudo Redondo de Caballero (+1936, Spain)

Toniolo per Blog-01.jpg

Blessed Giuseppe Toniolo, Lay (+1918, Italy)

ASC-Felice Canelli Fr servant.jpg

Fr Felice Canelli, (+1977, Italy) Servant of God