NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #2750

"Thanks with all our heart,  Don Bosco, you have finally come to Korea"!

Seoul: 1 November 2010 -- "Welcome to Korea, Don Bosco, father for poor boys. Welcome and thank you for being amongst us. Meet our boys, encourage them and give those who follow you your passion for the salvation of youth!" .This was the prayer of the provincial, Fr Stefano Nam, during the celebration of the opening ceremony for the pilgrimage of Don Bosco’s casket in Seoul, Korea.
On November 1st, the Solemnity of All Saints, in the chapel which is on the seventh floor of the Provincial House in Seoul the pilgrimage in Korea officially began, with about three hundred participants, members of the Salesian Family and Friends 
of Don Bosco. The casket will visit communities of SDB, of FMA and CSJ (Caritas Sisters of Jesus) in Seoul and Kwangju until November 17 before leaving for Thailand.
    After finishing its pilgrimage through the Americas the casket temporarily returned to Italy, and had to make a long journey to Korea to begin the East Asia-Oceania segment of the worldwide pilgrimage. In an interesting way, the famous 'dream' became a reality. Or is it a new dream? On October 24, from Brescia to Milan where he took the flight to Asia that made a stopover in Rome Don Bosco traced a route across Moscow, Siberia, Mongolia and above the city of Beijing, which Don Bosco dreamed of in 1885 in Barcelona, a prophetic dream, the fulfillment of his mission to the young that extends across the world, from Valparaiso to Beijing. and from there he arrived in Seoul.
    "I am very pleased to know that Don Bosco's casket has arrived safe and sound in Seoul. The Rector Major, Fr Pascual Chávez, sent this message to the confreres to encourage them and make them know that he is very close to them during the pilgrimage of casket in Korea.
    The celebration began with a band of traditional instruments made and played by students of Don Bosco Youth Centre, then Fr Marcello Baek was presented with the keys of the House, a symbolic gesture of what Don Bosco would have done had he appointed him as Rector, and a gesture that gave a true sense of arrival of the Founder. Then people moved to the chapel for the welcoming liturgy.
     As an event, the pilgrimage of a saint is not common in oriental culture. The media, especially those of the Church, took great interest and interviewed provincial on the meaning of pilgrimage and on Don Bosco himself. Fr Nam told them: "Finally, Don Bosco has arrived in East Asia which he had dreamed of 125 years ago. I think it's very significant because the city Seoul, where Don Bosco is hosted now, is close to Beijing, the city of his dream, in the long journey of the whole pilgrimage which commemorates of the 200th anniversary of his birth. We pray, in front of the casket, that his dream will indeed be realised, even if in this time he has no opportunity to visit that particular city. May he also encourage us with missionary zeal in our province." 

List of Articles
No. Category Subject Views
» KOR 2750_"Thanks with all our heart, Don Bosco, you have finally come to Korea"! 506
2749 KOR 2749_Don Bosco touches down in East Asia 446
2748 India 2748_The River Maker 525
2747 World 2747_It's Michael Rua's moment 455
2746 FIS 2746_"I am a Brother: yesterday, today and forever" 386
2745 AUL 2745_Called, Gifted, Sent - the RCIA from the hands of an expert 552
2744 FIN 2744_"You raise me up" - "you broke my heart" 502
2743 KOR 2743_Korea Province preparations: Don Bosco, Don Rua 482
2742 ITM 2742_ITM: important signs of growth 451
2741 FIS 2741_RM visits FIS Confreres in Cebu 497
2740 FIN 2740_RM arrives in Philippines 472
2739 GIA 2739_Three new Salesian Cooperators 534
2738 KOR 2738_Summary of first part of the RM's visit to Korea Province 463
2737 World 2737_Australia rejoices: St Mary of the Cross "The will of God is to me a very dear book and I never tire of reading it". 282
2736 World 2736_Sister Veronica Nwe Ni Moe and her Salesian sisters are building up the Church, one child at a time. 517
2735 EAO 2735_Flurry of EAO activity over the next ten days 475
2734 CIN 2734_Workshop on China Issues 211
2733 GIA 2733_Peace amidst war - Cimatti event evokes prayerful emotions 524
2732 Cambodia 2732_Sihanoukville centrre's success 548
2731 FIN 2731_'Heaven on earth' targets the unchurched 531
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 177 Next
/ 177