World

1392_Cricketer's conversion to Islam brings another closer to his Catholic faith

by ceteratolle posted Mar 19, 2018
?

Shortcut

Prev上一页 文章

Next下一页 文章

ESC关闭

Larger Font Smaller Font 向上 向下 Go comment 打印
austraLasia 1392

Cricketer's conversion to Islam brings another closer to his Catholic faith

ISLAMABAD: 15th January 2006 --  There is a follow-up to a story we ran a month or so back, after the conversion of a prominent Pakistani cricketer, Yousef Youhana to Islam.  It takes place in our own context, at Lahore.
    The national motorway 
joining Islamabad and Lahore, constructed with the aid of Korean engineers, is a thing of pride in Pakistan, as are the Highway Police who patrol it.  They have a reputation for being amongst the most incorruptible of a sometimes corruptible national police force.  They even fined the Spanish Ambassador some weeks ago.  It is difficult, well nigh impossible, for a Christian, let alone a Catholic, to enlist.  But one has, by dint of sheer perseverance, obvious capacity, and much affirmation from his mentors which include those of Don Bosco Centre in Lahore, of which the young man is a past pupil.  He found himself at first depressed by the conversion of Youhana, then discovered he was under the same pressure - constant discrimination aimed at conversion.  Now he has decided to do something about his own attitude and has sought the essential spiritual help and guidance that he first knew at 'Don Bosco'.  As he puts it: "One night I finished the Rosary at home, and saw, attached to Mary's picture, the small picture of Don Bosco I received when I was at school.  I felt the urge to strengthen my faith and receive spiritual direction.  Don Bosco is bringing me back home to remain strong in my struggle to keep the faith".
    A simple story, but they are often the most touching.  The conversion of one Catholic to Islam brings another closer to God.  Is it not a miracle of faith?

Articles