?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #2421

Festival of creative media-making

LANDSDOWNE (S. Africa): 27th May 2009 -- Salesians in Southern Africa have come up with a novel idea which they put into practice to mark the World Communications Day on 24th May - a festival of creative media-making.  Frs Eoin Farrelly, Pat Lonergan and Jacinto Dias Andru were behind the venture, which took place at the Salesian Parish and Youth centre in Landsdowne, Capte Town, South Africa. The day centred around young people using their cell phones and cameras.  They were given the chance to choose a topic and 'shoot' a film. Creativity ran riot! they came up with brief movies on drugs, honey, and Gospel values!
    The day also celebrated Fr Pat's and Eoin's 50th anniversary of profession.  As one of them quipped, while the Congregation is celebrating its 150th, it had to wait 100 years for those two to join!
    The young people were invited to make a commitment at the end of the event: "I promise to use my camera and other media equipment only for good purposes: for joy, peace, my own good and the good of others".

Articles

51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60