NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
FIRST SALESIAN WEBSITE AIMS FOR ONGOING FORMATION NICHE MARKET

SUVA (Fiji): 16th May --  Bosconet, its tenth birthday well behind it, was the first Salesian website to come into existence.  It began chiefly as a representation of the Australian province at the time, then gradually took on the character of the region of 'Australasia' as it was then called.  But websites, including Salesian websites, are prolific these days.  I wondered if Bosconet could possibly respond to a particular set of needs, especially within the English-speaking provinces.  Perhaps you could have a look now and see if it does begin to respond to your needs - you will find an increasing range of files (often in PDF format for easy viewing and printing across any platform) that have been in use for one or other formation (Salesian) purpose.  There are materials with appeal beyond the Salesian world also - for instance some handy and colourfully prepared summaries of Sandra Schneider's Finding The Treasure, with further summaries to come of her next work, Selling All.
I would certainly appreciate some response to this move in two ways: what other links and materials under the broad description of 'ongoing formation' would you find useful?  And do you have any resources lurking on your computer or better still on a local server, that Bosconet could link to?  In the end it's obviously better if we can offer the links rather than try to dump everything onto a little server space somewhere on a Pacific Island!  But anything that can help promote the ongoing formation capacity of our people is valuable, so let me know what you have and I'll try to work out how best to incorporate it.
Of course, links keep changing!  You will, I am sure, discover outdated links already in Bosconet - if you know what the adjusted link is, please let me know.  This is the only way I can keep up to date.  If the Bosconet hyperlink above is not functioning, then click on http://www.bosconet.aust.com  Happy and productive surfing!
Julian Fox sdb
p.s. Congratulations to Don Bosco Hall in Berkeley for getting their website up and running.  We look forward to much good material from that source - and of course, Bosconet already carries that link!