?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

Subject: 'austraLasia' #327

FOURTH MISSIONARY DREAM: AN OFFER

Julian Fox

SUVA: 10th April -- Of the five dreams of Don Bosco that can be labelled 'Missionary', amongst those that occurred from 1871 - 1886, the fourth such dream is of particular inspiration to this region. This is the dream where Don Bosco saw himsefl before a high mountain upon which was an angel - then in quick succession sees the angels representing China, Africa, Australia...and in the latter case, not the continent as such, but rather, as he puts it, an archipelago of islands. You can imgine how our young Pacifican confreres rise to the thrill of that one.

I have presented this material, none of it original I might add, in a MS Publisher format. The four page document contains some general ideas on the interpretation of Don Bosco's dreams, on the typology of the dreams, and then concentrates on the background and text of the fourth, but rather more particularly on the scene which the locals here would like to interpret as referring to themselves! You are welcome to the item if you so wish. It wouldn't be difficult to lift out the existing text and substitute text of your own choice. I think you will find the format pleasing and useful.

If you want it, once again just let me know and I'll wing it to you.