Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
SLIDE VERSION: SALESIAN YOUTH SPIRITUALITY

Julian Fox

SUVA: 21st April -- "you've read the book, seen the film, and now...."!  And now you can check out the slide version.  Do you recall that little monograph put out by the Youth Ministry Departments SDB and FMA in 1996?  It stood out in my mind because it was written in superb English ( a 'first' for Rome) and was also written in a way that was immediately usable.  Now, in their preface, Luc and Georgina invited us to find 'the best criteria for communicating and understanding its contents in the light of your day to day living'.
You may look at a Powerpoint slide version of this material on http://www.bosconet.aust.com/fncyc/index.htm .  Just a couple of things about this version.
1.  It is indeed a 'translation' of the material, though I have worked word for word from the text where possible.  But the context may be helpful to others too.  I had to present this material to the Fiji National Catholic Youth Council who had never heard of the Salesians until I met them.  Vaguely knew of Don Bosco, but not really who he was and had never heard of Mary Mazzarello.  So you will not find the term 'Salesian Youth Spirituality' anywhere in the material!  Nor will you find DB nor MM.
2.  My powerpoint slides were large - in the web version they are small.  Sorry about that - I may perfect the technique and succeed in making them larger there too.  I'll keep trying.  In the meantime you have these options:
    a) Just look and see how it might be done.  If you have Powerpoint you could easily put the same show together yourself.
    b) Right click and download one or more slides as GIF or JPG files, then enlarge them yourself.
    c) Look at the text version (available on index page) to get a clear idea of the slide wording (to help you with option (a) also)
3.  The web version has no gimmicky animation effects - to be truthful I haven't learnt how to transfer those to the web - it can be done.  I will have to learn how, I guess.
If anyone were interested, I can email them (as an attachment) the full text of the talk which 'fills out' the slides.  While it draws substantially from the booklet first referred to, it adds other material too and hopefully does what the authors wanted us to do.
And finally - there's always the 'delete' button or the 'bacj' button if it all takes too long and too much money to download!