Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #3227

300 Youth for Mary

BOROKO, N.C.D. (Papua New Guinea) 17-19 May 2013 -- Five years ago (2008), in the month of Mary Help of Christians, a group that called itself the "300 Youth for Mary" was founded. They held a Marian Youth Camp at the Don Bosco Technological Institute Compound and this became an annual event. This year, again, about 300 youth from Don Bosco Technological Institute, Don Bosco Technical School, University of Papua New Guinea and other institutions in Port Moresby came to participate in this event organized by the Core Group Members of the "300 Youth for Mary" and coordinated by Sr. Cristina Villasanta FMA (Spiritual Moderator of DBTI).

The theme for the event is LIVE CHRIST, SHARE CHRIST. Being in the Year of Faith, this year's Marian Youth Camp is called "Faith Camp on Fire!". Group activities like Faith Sharing and games, singing and dancing, talks and prayers were organized to help the youth deepen their faith in God and to foster devotion to Mama Mary. The youth were also given the opportunity to go for the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Three Salesian Priests were asked to be the main speakers: Fr. Angel Sanchez (Spiritual Moderator of Savio Haus Aspirantate) on the topic "I believe in one God, the Father Almighty," Fr. Louie Castaneda (Rector of DBTI) on the topic "I believe in Jesus Christ," and Fr. Ariel Macatangay (Assistant Principal of DBTI) on the topic "I believe in the Holy Spirit." It is hoped that through events like this, we Salesians are able to lead the hearts of Papua New Guinean youth to Jesus through Mary. Not just 300, but 300 times 300 more.