Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #3196

Salesian Youth Day Korea

DAEJONG: 23 February 2103 -- Korea's Second Salesian Youth Day (SYDK) was held at the Daejong Salesian Youth Centre from 15-17 February 2013. The theme  was: “My Lord and my God!” The SYDK, thought up jointly by the Korean SDBs and FMAs,after the World Youth Day in Spain in 2012, will be held until 2015, the year in which we celebrate the bicentennial of Don Bosco’s birth.

SYDK was planned and led by the TF Team, Testimonies of the Faith, as we call it, made up of representatives from the SDB, FMA, Sisters of Charity of Jesus, youth groups, and Vides volunteers. The principle aim was to offer the young people an occasion to renew their faith and re-enforce their sense of belonging to the Church.

There were about 340 participants, coming from the various regions of South Korea. In addition, there were diocesan priests, and sisters of other religious institutes who followed the three days, sharing what the young participants did.

At the conclusion of the experience, the young people expressed the following:
“I am content and happy just at being here”.
“It was beautiful because I was able meet people who think like me and are happy and I am happy because I experienced God very close to me”.
“These three days were filled with meaning, and now I return home with my heart touched and modelled on that of the Lord”.
“I would like to live here forever, without returning home!”.

Under the banner of, “My Lord and my God!” the young people were able to read their own life, and reinforce and profess their faith in Jesus Christ. The three days offered them an opportunity for discovering various ways of encountering the living God. 

The topics studied were the following: memory, confession, and mission. The day of memory favoured remembering experiences of God’s love in their life and sharing with others on this. The second day, dedicated to Confession, was developed with an interpretative talk show entitled, ‘I believe’. The presence of the Archbishop of DaeJong, Yoo Hong-Sik, was fundamental insofar as he used a variety of expressions to explain evil, suffering, God’s existence, the meaning of the sacraments, and the importance of the Church.

The mission was presented by Fr. 
Marcello Baek, who helped the young people to consolidate their Christian and Salesian identity, and choose to lead a new life in the love of Christ, with a Salesian spirituality.

The gathering concluded with Mass celebrated by the SDB Provincial, Fr. 
Stefano Nam, who invited the young to encounter the Risen Christ and thus become in turn passionate apostles of Christ. During the celebration, seven young people publicly made a commitment o live according to Salesian spirituality. All the young participants received a medal of Mary Help of Christians and Don Bosco as a reminder of their commitment to be apostles of love.

List of Articles
No. Category Subject Views
152 KOR 3521_A Korean Pilgrimage in the Generalate-Rome 1417
151 KOR 3490_The 6th Asian Youth Day 553
150 KOR 3472_26th International Young Volunteers Program (SIYV) off to Darkhan, Mongolia 631
149 KOR 3457_The Gospel of Joy: Bishop Toso helps Korean Church prepare for Papal visit 534
148 KOR 3434_KOR: Perpetually Professed Seminar 617
147 KOR 3419_Salesian Family gathers for spirituality and installation of new provincial 545
146 KOR 3396_Michael the Mission Marathon Man 607
145 KOR 3389_Score: Minus one in EAO, plus one in Africa The winner is God's love 593
144 KOR 3356_"When brothers agree ... " A timeless truth come true in KOR 540
143 KOR 3355_New Provincial Appointment - KOR 572
142 KOR 3351_Two very special works by the late Fr John Trisolini 567
141 KOR 3349_4th Anniversary of Fr John Lee Taesok 602
140 KOR 3343_KOR, 25th SIYV (Salesian International Young Volunteers) Program at Poipet 547
139 KOR 3331_Prezis, Pizzas, Prayer and a Pledge 564
138 KOR 3301_Salesian Missions Day in Korea Province 541
137 KOR 3245_Seven volume series on Don Bosco in Korean 560
136 KOR 3234_Gangnam style turns serious: Salesians open Dream Youth Centre 603
135 KOR 3216_SOUTH KOREAN PROVINCIAL CHAPTER - KOR 463
» KOR 3196_Salesian Youth Day Korea 522
133 KOR 3187_Don Bosco and Victor Hugo 527
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
/ 8