?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
“Father, I want to become a Salesian”
Bangalore:SAR News
“Father, I want to become a Salesian”   This is the greatest aspiration of a  Pakistani  Catholic youth,  Frederic Aseem,  who  was  one the 19 Pakistani delegates to the Asian Youth Day III,  being held  here  these days.  Aseem knelt before Bishop  Vincent Samuel of Neyattinkara,  who presided over the concelebrated  Eucharist on Sunday evening at the Ascension  church,  St. Thomas Town,  and asked for his blessing.
          The foreign delegates – 420 of them – who arrived here on Saturday and Sunday from several  nations in Asia  -  Bangladesh, Cambodia,  China-Hongkong,  Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Macao,  Malesia, Nepal, Mangolia,  Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam – were excited over the rousing welcome they received from the garden city of India Bangalore.  All of them were received into 250 Catholic families in the city who gave them hospitality for the night.  All of them joined  the  Eucharist and songs  in two parishes  to the wonder and excitement of the onlookers  particularly the people of other faiths.  The chief celebrant Bishop Samuel Vincent of Neyyattinkara, Kerala said: “We are one body of Jesus Christ, because we feed on the one bread which is His body.  We invite every one to accept Jesus Christ so that we all make one body for the peace of  the entire world.”

Articles

1 2 3 4 5 6