?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #2369

China province brings PTAs together

HONG KONG: 1st  March 2009 -- China Province, following its successful joint meeting of School Managers, has now brought together its Parent-Teachers Assocations (PTA). The event occurred on Valentine's Day at the Tang King Po School, Kowloon. The idea was to introduce a deeper understanding of Don Bosco's Preventive System to participants, but also to give groups from the different schools a chance to get to know one another.
Fr Simon Lam, provincial, told the parents in particular that they would have a greater effect on nurturing the children than the school. "No matter how big the influence on children the school has, it is only during school time. Parents, on the other hand, can influence their children almost all the time". He then introduced the Preventive System as the Salesian way of influencing children.
The day included an activity of 'tower-building' (with newspapers) aimed at exploring creative solutions and the values that came into play. Participants felt that trust, solidarity and labour-division were key factors.
Fr Lam summed up the day with an instruction to love and care about others. "Let us volunteer to help others by saying 'let me do it' or 'Let me see if there is anything I can do for you'. Of course, we don't only just say the words, we do whatever we can"

Articles

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9