PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

EAO Good Night Talk (43)                                                                  

Yakutsk – Russia (Siberia)

October 1, 2017

Where is your comfort zone?

Dear Friends and Salesian Family members!

After six weeks of the Korea province extraordinary visitation I’m sharing this Good Night Talk from my first visit to Yakutsk (Russia), one of the most forgotten Salesian missions around the world. I’m happy to celebrate the East Asia ‘Full Moon Autumn Festival’ with five Slovakian SDB confreres in this remote place on the Earth. Already 25 years ago courageous Salesians of Slovakia reached this remote area of former Soviet Union and share with patience and courage the faith in Jesus Christ in not-so-easy place. Thanks to God from this year it becomes an international community!

Some years ago when I asked late Jesuit Cardinal Paul Shan Kuo-hsi of Kaoshiung (1924-2012 about vocations in Taiwan, his tricky answer revealed a deeper truth about our response to God’s call: ‘If you want vocations, you need persecution!’  Today we humbly acknowledge with Pope Francis that as faithful followers of Jesus we need to reach out of our comfort zone. And this missionary ‘out-reach’ does cost us always some pain or little sacrifice. But there is no other way to the Joy of the Gospel!

Just yesterday in Bratislava, Slovakia in the presence of thousands of Salesian Family members, Cardinal Angelo Amato, SDB presided the Beatification of one ‘Martyr for Vocation’ Fr. Titus Zeman, SDB (1915-1969). Although he could continue his Salesian life within the not-so-easy communist regime situation, he dared to sneak across the East-West European ‘Iron Curtain’ guiding three secret expeditions to save precious religious vocation of many young Salesians and other diocesan priests. During the last expedition he was caught and suffered 15 years long and horrible martyrdom in communist prisons!

What sacrifice do we offer for the sake of vocations or for the building of vocation culture? Do we just wait some new candidates will come to our summer camp or monthly vocation encounter (Come and see)? Shining example of Fr. Titus shows us the way.

During the missionary month of October let’s accept Pope Francis invitation to go beyond our comfort zone, to get dirty and also hurt. I deeply believe that only in this way we can experience a deep and lasting Joy of the Gospel! When we cross our peaceful and safe environment of our school, family, parish or friends circle, we taste a true Gospel Joy!

In Don Bosco

Fr. Václav Klement, SDB

EAO Regional councillor

• ?
    vaclav 2017.09.28 19:31
    Grazie don Vaclav,

è verissimo....uscire dalla propria area di comodità e tranquillità è duro....ma forse è la strada che il Signore ci indica anche in questo particolare momento in cui chiude la Casa Generalizia e siamo costretti a cercare altre situazioni...intraprendere nuove vie e fissarci nuovi obiettivi. Senz'altro la figura del Beato Titus Zeman è illuminante, ma la sua forza, il suo coraggio, la sua fede incrollabile sembrano tanto difficili da raggiungere. Che Maria ci aiuti a dire quotidianamente il nostro "sì" anche se comporta un po' di sacrificio.

con affetto in don Bosco

Noemi
  • ?
    vaclav 2017.09.29 16:31
    thank you for your sharing!
    overcome comfort zone of myself is write missionnary application in next few months.
    pray for me! May God bless you!
    Paul
  • ?
    vaclav 2017.09.29 20:46
    Thank you, Fr.Klement, for this touching message.
    it makes me to think of my own life now in Auxilium,
    what could be my confort zone, maybe there will be many.
    it is always good to be reminded.
    Happy Moon Festival Day in advance.
    Maria
  • ?
    vaclav 2017.09.30 20:06
    Good day!

I am now ending my ... visit here in ... and I experience the wonderful work that the charism of Don Bosco can do in a Muslim country. I felt that the culture of vocation is existing here in our work here

I am now prepared with letter of application ready for the Rector Major..

.. I will do my share in journeying with present 9 candidates and help promote more vocations.

In Don Bosco,
    Salesian Brother
  • ?
    vaclav 2017.10.01 08:22
    Dear Fr. Vaclav,

thank you very much for the October good night talk and for the reflections about the „comfort zones“. I hope to have the strength to go beyond my comfort zone and do more for the vocation culture, to give witness as Salesian Brother and to go to the poorest members of the society.

The good Lord is always with us. He will guide and strengthen us in our mission.
    I wish you all the best and united in prayers.
    Sincerely yours in Don Bosco
    Brother...
  • ?
    vaclav 2017.10.01 13:01
    Grazie per averci fatto conoscere notizie maravigliose.
    Finora non sapevo di don Titus.
    La vita preziosa dedicata al Signore deve produrre nuove specie!

Questo mese il nostro istituto accoglierà don Pascual Chavez.
    predica la meditazione dei direttori e direttrici della famiglia Salesiana,
    anche un incontro con i giovani, Salesian Family Day.
    Stiamo aspettando la sua visita dal fondo del nostro cuore!

Pero` il mio italiano sta diminuendo gradualmente... mamma mia...

ti inviero` una foto di KOJIMA!

ciao ciao
    FMA - Japan
  • ?
    vaclav 2017.10.03 12:53
    Thank you father for the words very lively and sincere.
    Just as Father shared, standing in front of beautiful models of love sacrificed for others, like the way Christ had gone.

I see the need to be more closely connected with Christ, so that we have enough generosity to commit ourselves to the fringe, not afraid to sacrifice or hardship; then also can taste joy of Gospel ...

May you always be strong and full of the blessing of Mary Help of Christians during the month of the Blessed Mother.
  • ?
    vaclav 2017.10.03 23:02
    2017年10月1日/ロシア ヤクーツク(シベリア)

友人、サレジオ家族のメンバーの皆さん!

特別視察のために6週間、韓国で過ごした後、ヤクーツク(ロシア)を初めて訪問してのこのボナノッテを分かち合いたいと思います。ヤクーツクは、世界のサレジオ・ミッションの中で最も忘れられた宣教地といわれています。東アジアの「中秋の名月」の祝いを、この地上の僻地で5人のスロバキア人サレジオ会員と祝えることをうれしく思います。すでに25年前、スロバキアの勇気あるサレジオ会員たちが、この簡単ではない場所でイエス・キリストへの信仰を忍耐と勇気をもって分かち合うため、かつてソビエト連邦に属していたこの辺境の地にたどり着きました。神に感謝、今年からここは、国際共同体となります!

何年か前、イエズス会士の故パウロShan Kuo-hsi枢機卿(1924-2012)に台湾の召命について尋ねたとき、その一筋縄ではない答えは、神の呼びかけへの私たちの応答のより深い真実を明かすものでした。「召命がほしいなら、迫害が必要です!」

今日、イエスの忠実な弟子として、自分たちの安全地帯の外へ向かわなければならないと、私たちは教皇フランシスコと共に謙虚に認めます。そしてこのように宣教のために‘出向いていく’ことは、常にいくらかの痛み、あるいは犠牲を払うことを余儀なくされます。しかし、福音の喜びへの道は、ほかにないのです!

昨日、スロバキアのブラチスラバで、何千人ものサレジオ家族が参列する中、アンジェロ・アマート枢機卿, SDBは「召命のための殉教者」、ティトゥス・ゼマン神父, SDB(1915-1969)の列福式を執り行いました。サレジオ会員としての生活を、決して楽ではない共産主義政権のもとで引き続き送ることができましたが、ティトゥス神父は、3回に及ぶ秘かな脱出を導き、東西ヨーロッパを分ける‘鉄のカーテン’をあえて潜り抜けました。多くの若いサレジオ会員と教区司祭の貴重な召命を救うためでした。最後の脱出行の際に捕まり、共産政権の刑務所で15年にわたる長く恐ろしい殉教の歳月、苦しみをささげたのです!

私たちは召命のため、召命の文化を築くために、どのような犠牲を払っているでしょうか。新たな候補者が夏のキャンプや毎月の召命の集い(来て見なさい)に来るのをただ待っているだけでしょうか。ティトゥス神父の輝かしい模範は私たちに道を示してくれます。

10月の宣教の月の間、安全地帯の外へ出かけて行くようにという教皇フランシスコの招きを受け入れましょう。汚れたり、けがをしたりしながら。そのようにするときはじめて私たちは、福音の深く終わることのない喜びを体験できると、私は深く信じています!

自分たちの学校、家庭、小教区、仲間の間のおだやかで安全な環境の枠を超え、外へ出向いて行くとき、まことの福音の喜びを私たちは味わうでしょう!

ドン・ボスコのうちに。

EAO地域顧問 ヴァツラフ・クレメンテ神父, SDB
  • ?
    vaclav 2017.10.07 07:00
    Đâu là nơi sống an nhàn của bạn? Hãy ra khỏi nơi đó để dấn thân phục vụ.

Yakutsh, nước Nga (Siberia) 01/10/2017

Các bạn hữu và các thành viên trong gia đình Sa-lê-diêng thân mến.

Cha vừa mới thực hiện cuộc kinh lý ngoại thường tại tỉnh dòng Hàn Quốc trong 6 tuần lễ. Hiện giờ, Cha đang ở Yakutsh, nước Nga. Đây là lần đầu tiên Cha đến thăm viếng và ban huấn từ tối cho anh em cộng thể tại đây. Yakutsh là cứ điểm truyền giáo Sa-lê-diêng xa xôi nhất và cũng dễ bị quên lãng nhất. Tại đây, Cha sẽ mừng tết trung thu với 5 hội viên Slovakia để cùng chia sẻ cuộc sống với anh em giữa một cộng thể vừa xa xôi lại vừa hiu quạnh. Các hội viên Slovakia đã đến đây làm việc suốt 25 năm qua để quảng bá niềm tin vào Chúa Giêsu cho mọi người tại vùng đất vốn trước kia thuộc Liên bang Xô viết. Đây cũng là vùng truyền giáo đầy khó khăn và thách đố. Cảm ơn Chúa, tại Yakutsh chúng ta đã hình thành nên một cộng thể quốc tế với những anh em thuộc nhiều quốc tịch khác nhau để cùng dấn thân làm việc.

Vài năm trước, Cha đã có dịp gặp Đức Hồng y Paul Shan Kuo- his, một tu sỹ dòng Tên và cũng là Giám mục giáo phận Kaoshing, nay đã qua đời (1924 – 2012). Cha hỏi Ngài, làm cách nào để có nhiều ơn gọi tại Đài Loan. Ngài trả lời với sự xác tín sâu xa trước lời gọi mời của Thiên Chúa, rằng : “Muốn có nhiều ơn gọi, anh em phải can đảm hứng chịu bách hại”. Ngày nay, chúng ta đang có một Giáo Hoàng cũng là tu sĩ dòng Tên, là Đức Thánh Cha Phanxicô. Ngài cũng mời gọi chúng ta phải can đảm đi vào những vùng ven để dấn thân phục vụ cho Tin mừng. Điều đó có nghĩa là chúng ta phải mạnh mẽ bước ra khỏi những nơi an nhàn, dễ dãi mà chúng ta đang sống. Sự ra đi lên đường của các vị truyền giáo luôn luôn đi kèm theo những hy sinh và đau khổ. Nhưng đây là phương cách duy nhất để chúng ta có thể quảng bá Tin Mừng về Chúa Giêsu cho mọi người.

Mới ngày hôm qua tại Bratislava nước Slovakia, trước hàng ngàn thành viên trong gia đình Sa-lê-diêng, Đức Hồng y Angelo Amato, SDB đã chủ sự nghi lễ tuyên phong Chân Phước cho Cha Titus Zeman, SDB (1915 – 1969), một Sa-lê-diêng tử đạo đã chết để bảo vệ và nuôi dưỡng các ơn gọi. Ngài đã sống ơn gọi thánh hiến Sa-lê-diêng trong một hoàn cảnh cực kỳ gian nan dưới chế độ cộng sản, nhưng đã can đảm vượt qua những bức tường sắt để đem 3 nhóm ơn gọi trẻ sang Tây Phương, giúp họ có thể tiếp tục học hành và theo đuổi ơn gọi. Đó là những anh em hội viên Sa-lê-diêng trẻ và một số sau này là những linh mục của giáo phận. Trong chuyến vượt biên cuối cùng, Ngài đã bị bắt và phải trải qua 15 năm ngục tù dưới chế độ cộng sản. Đó quả là một cuộc sống Tử đạo phi thường. Còn chúng ta, để mưu cầu thiện ích cho các ơn gọi, chúng ta đã hy sinh những gì ? Chúng ta đã làm được những gì để xây dựng một nền văn hóa ơn gọi ? Có phải chúng ta chỉ chờ đợi một vài bạn trẻ đến với chúng ta qua những ngày trại hay đến sinh hoạt hàng tháng trong lớp tìm hiểu ơn gọi ? Chúng ta hãy nhìn vào mẫu gương của Chân phước Titus và hãy bắt chước Ngài.

Tháng 10 cũng là tháng truyền giáo. Chúng ta hãy đáp lại lời mời gọi của Đức Thánh Cha Phanxicô để đi ra những vùng ven, thoát ly khỏi những nơi êm ả, an nhàn mà chúng ta đang sống. Việc thoát ly ra khỏi những nơi nhàn nhã như thế, sẽ làm chúng ta bị lấm láp, dính đầy bụi bặm và hứa hẹn nhiều khổ đau. Nhưng Cha thâm tín rằng, chỉ khi nào thoát ra khỏi những nơi đó, chúng ta mới có thể trải nghiệm niềm vui của Tin Mừng cách thực sự. Những nơi an toàn và nhàn nhã đó có thể là những giáo xứ, những trường học, các gia đình, các bạn bè thân quen,… Chấp nhận hy sinh để tiến ra các vùng ven, chúng ta mới có thể hưởng nếm niềm vui của Tin Mừng.

Thân ái trong Don Bosco.

Cha Vaclav Klement SDB.

1. Lord, send me out of my comfort zone!

Lord, send me out of my comfort zone! EAO Good night talk - 2019, August   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive my heartfelt greetings on the second stop over of this second semester journey around our EAO region - Cambodi...
    Date2019.07.31 Byvaclav Views1617
    Read More
  2. How do you invoke Salesian Saints?

EAO Good Night Talk (63)                                                                     Jakarta, Indonesia        June 1, 2019     How do you invoke Salesian saints?     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,      Today is my last da...
    Date2019.05.29 Byvaclav Views1581
    Read More
  3. No Image

Jesus - Vine Tree

“The vine and the branches” – The Salesian Biblical Icon of the GC27 (2014-2020) by Fr. Pascual Chavez   In the icon what draws our attention is the inter-twining of the branches which  represents the trunk of the vine. This is a reference ...
    Date2015.03.14 Byvaclav Views1526
    Read More
  4. No Image

Like Mary in Cana: what is missing?

EAO Good Night Talk (50)                                                                                                                                                                                           Venilale, Timor Leste May 1...
    Date2018.04.29 Byvaclav Views1514
    Read More
  5. EVERYONE IS A MISSIONARY

EAO Good Night Talk (79) Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, 09 October 2020 Dear Superiors, confreres, members of the Salesian Family and friends, 1- First of all, I would like to request you to pray more for the patients of Covid-19, among them,...
    Date2020.10.09 Byceteratolle Views1443
    Read More
  6. Do you know our Salesian saints?

EAO Good Night Talk (59)                                                                                                                                                                                    Cebu-Lawaan, Philippines February 1, ...
    Date2019.01.30 Byvaclav Views1433
    Read More
  7. No Image

Good Night Talk about Good Night Talk

EAO Good Night Talk (20)                                                                   November 1, 2015   ‘Good Night’ – Thanks to Mamma Margaret!     Dear friends and confreres!       I’m very happy to share this Good night talk about t...
    Date2015.10.28 Byvaclav Views1431
    Read More
  8. Vocation grows by attraction

EAO Good Night Talk - September 2019   Anisakan - Myanmar                                September 1, 2019     A culture of vocation grows (only) only through attraction     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive my heartfel...
    Date2019.08.25 Byvaclav Views1393
    Read More
  9. How do you make known our Saints?

EAO Good Night Talk (64)                                                                       Holy Land Pilgrimage        July 1, 2019     Do you make Salesian saints known? (Brother Cosimo – Sacro Cuore, Rome)       Dear Friends and Salesi...
    Date2019.06.23 Byvaclav Views1316
    Read More
  10. So much potential!

EAO Good Night Talk (76) Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam 01 July 2020 Dear confreres and members of the Salesian Family and friends, Greetings to all of you from Vietnam. I am still “locked down” in Vietnam, since the Italian Embassy has not yet ope...
    Date2020.06.30 Byceteratolle Views1313
    Read More
  11. Would you like to become a Mission?

EAO Good Night Talk (67)                                Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam        1 October 2019                                                                                                                     Would you like to bec...
    Date2019.09.24 Byvaclav Views1260
    Read More
  12. When did you fall in love with Jesus? - Initial Proclamation of Jesus Christ

EAO Good Night Talk (42)                                                                      Seoul – South Korea September 1, 2017   When did you fall in love with Jesus?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members!           Six weeks ago w...
    Date2017.08.29 Byvaclav Views1182
    Read More
  13. Jesus Vine Tree - motivated by the Biblical Icon?

GNT for download: EAO-GNT-2017 (39) June ENG.pdf EAO Good Night Talk (39)                                                                      June 1, 2017   How are we motivated by ‘Jesus Vine Tree’ Icon? Dear friends and confreres,   Durin...
    Date2017.05.30 Byvaclav Views1170
    Read More
  14. First World Day of the Poor - November 19

FOR DOWNLOAD: EAO-GNT-2017 (44) November ENG.pdf EAO Good Night Talk (44)                                                                      Seoul - Korea November 1, 2017   How do you hear the cry of the poor in your daily life?         ...
    Date2017.10.30 Byvaclav Views1141
    Read More
  15. How do you listen to the young?

EAO Good Night Talk (54)                                                                  Bangkok, Thailand September 1, 2018   How do we listen to the young today?     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,      After a strong invitation...
    Date2018.08.26 Byvaclav Views1108
    Read More
  16. No Image

What makes you truly joyful and happy?

EAO Good Night Talk (10) Yangon - Myanmar January 1, 2015 What makes you truly joyful and happy? Happy New Year to all of you, dear confreres and friends! This personal question about our sources of joy is a fruit of past five month animatio...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views1099
    Read More
  17. How do you love Salesian saints?

EAO Good Night Talk (60)                                                                         Cebu, Philippines,        1 March, 2019     In what ways do you love Salesian saints?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive ...
    Date2019.02.25 Byvaclav Views1087
    Read More
  18. No Image

Without the Lay mission partners there is no future of consecrated life!

EAO Good Night Talk (8) Auckland (New Zealand) November 1, 2014 Without the Lay mission partners there is no future of consecrated life! One year long period of Don Bosco Jubilee Year (2014-2015) helps us to re-discover the roots of Salesia...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views1018
    Read More
  19. Where is your comfort zone? Vocations - Blessed Fr Titus Zeman, SDB

EAO Good Night Talk (43)                                                                      Yakutsk – Russia (Siberia) October 1, 2017 Where is your comfort zone?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members!           After six weeks of the...
    Date2017.09.26 Byvaclav Views982
    Read More
  20. Happy New Listenful Year 2018

EAO Good Night Talk (46)                                                                    Rome – Sacro Cuore (Sacred Heart) January 1, 2018     2018 – Happy New Listenful Year!     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive...
    Date2017.12.31 Byvaclav Views971
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
/ 5