PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

EAO Good Night Talk (24)                                                                  

March 1, 2016

BEYOND THE WAY OF THE CROSS

Dear Friends and Confreres!

When some of the young Salesians from our region reach the Basilica of Don Bosco at Becchi, they are surprised by the 14 stations of the WAY OF LIGHT, usually not well known in our 11 provinces. This is a simple invitation to pray it during 2016 Easter time!

The way of the Cross, consisting of 14 stations, moments in the last 12 hours of Christ’s life, is a long establish form of prayer in the Church. It is especially appropriate devotion during the Lenten season. However during the Easter season when our attention is focused on the Resurrection, the Stations of the Cross appear a little out of place. 

And so 25 years ago an Italian Salesian priest, Fr Sabino Palumbieri (founder of the Salesian Family official group 'Witnesses of the Risen Lord') was inspired to compose a continuation of the Lenten devotion into an Eastertide devotion. He substituted the moments of Christ’s passion and death, with the events which took place from the day of the Resurrection till the descent of the Holy Spirit on the apostles at Pentecost. 

Very soon an artist, Mr Giovanni Dragoni (Salesian past-pupil) captured the vision of Fr Sabino with 14 stations carved in wood. And the first known Way of Light was blessed on Easter Sunday 1994 at the hill of Becchi, in the Basilica of Don Bosco (cf. photos)

For those who are interested to pray during this 2016 Easter time the ‘Way of Light’ - different materials are available on the Boscolink in Italian, English, French, Chinese and Japanese languages: https://www.bosco.link/index.php?mid=resource&document_srl=10361.

I wish you a fruitful experience of great God’s Love during 

incoming Jesus Passion and Easter celebrations!

In Don Bosco

Fr. Václav Klement, SDB

EAO Regional councillor

-------------

FOR DOWNLOAD: 

EAO-GNT-2016 (24) March ENG.pdf

• ?
    vaclav 2016.02.28 15:30
    Thank you so much. The stations are gorgeous!
    God bless you! - Flora
  • ?
    vaclav 2016.02.28 15:31
    Thanks Fr., Rather novel but yet meaningful ! Fr.H
  • ?
    vaclav 2016.02.28 15:32
    Thank you for your delightful GNT
    I am really happy to meditate and practice your regular good night talk in my Communicative ministry in the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Myanmar.
    Yours in DB
  • ?
    vaclav 2016.02.28 15:33
    Thank you very much, for this message, it is for me a novelty too.
    it is led to reflect on another dimension of life, life is not only suffering, but there is joy of resurrection afterwards.and the little joy of daily life is more important.
    God bless! pray for each other.
    Sr.Mary
  • ?
    vaclav 2016.02.29 00:42
    Thank you for your GNT

I learned a lot every time from your message about the Way of Light
    This time, it is very impressive for me to know the fact that Salesian priest made such a wonderful design for our religious preparation for Lent. Of course His resurrection is center of our faith and is the most precious thing but we don't understand well enough of His resurrectoon and the meaning of it especially for this modern time and for the youth.
    I want to use this information and designs for our Salesian volunteer group VIDES and make our members more aware of the precious spirituality of the resurrection.
    We need to thunk about it well and consider what it means.
    Through this, I think we can understand the social problme we face now and also deepen our understandinn of Don Bosco's style of education we now need to do and represent.
    Thank you for making chance for me to think about this kinds of things every time.
    I want to do my best and consider about my vocation.
    Thanks again.
    Sr. P
  • ?
    vaclav 2016.02.29 00:54
    캄보디아에서 보내주신 Good night talk 과 The way of light 를
    잘 받아 보았습니다. 감사 합니다!
    일본에서는 "빛의 길"이 있어서 부활 때 마다 빛의 길을 묵상
    했었는데, 한국에는 없어서 많이 갖고 싶었던 기도입니다.
    Sr. Ig-SCJ
  • ?
    vaclav 2016.03.03 23:22
    Goodnight Talk tháng Ba 2016 của Cha Bề Trên Miền : Chặng đường Ánh sáng

Văn Hào, SDB
    Ngày 01 tháng 03 năm 2016

Từ Cambodia-Pnom Penh cùng hiệp thông với Cha Bề trên Cả trong cuộc thăm viếng vùng Đông Á, Cha xin gởi lời chàm thăm đến tất cả anh chị em.
    Các bạn hữu và anh em hội viên thân mến,
    Nhiều anh em Sa-lê-diêng trẻ trong vùng EAO chúng ta khi đến kính viếng Đền Thánh Don Bosco ở Becchi đã tỏ ra khá ngạc nhiên khi thấy 14 ‘Chặng đường Ánh sáng’ ở đây. Có lẽ nhiều anh em trong 11 tỉnh dòng tại vùng Đông Á Thái Bình Dương cũng chưa hiểu rõ tại sao lại có 14 chặng đường ánh sáng này. Trong bài good night talk lần này, Cha mời gọi anh chị em cùng suy niệm và cầu nguyện đặc biệt trong dịp lễ Phục sinh sắp tới.
    Đàng Thánh giá theo truyền thống đạo đức của Giáo hội gồm 14 chặng, diễn tả lại 12 giờ cuối cùng trong cuộc đời tại thế của Chúa Giêsu. Đàng Thánh giá vẫn thường được suy niệm, đặc biệt vào mùa chay. Tuy nhiên, bước sang mùa Phục sinh, chúng ta cầu nguyện quy chiếu vào mầu nhiệm Chúa Sống lại, nên 14 chặng Thánh giá ít được nhắc tới.
    Hai mươi lăm năm trước, Cha Sabino Palumbieri SDB là người sáng lập nhóm ‘Chứng nhân Chúa Phục sinh’ và cũng là một nhóm chính thức trong gia đình Sa-lê-diêng, đã được khởi hứng để kéo dài lòng tôn kính từ mùa chay tiếp sang mùa Phục sinh. Ngài đã thay thế những chặng Thánh giá phác lại sự thương khó và cái chết của Chúa bằng những chặng khác khởi từ biến cố Chúa sống lại đến việc ban Thánh Thần cho các tông đồ vào ngày lễ ngũ tuần.
    Thế rồi ngay sau đó, ông Giovanni Dragoni, 1 cựu học viên Sa-lê-diêng đã nắm bắt được ý tưởng của Cha Sabinô và ông đã cho điêu khắc 14 ‘chặng đường ánh sáng’ trên thảm gỗ. Vào ngày Chúa Nhật Phục sinh năm 1994, 14 Chặng Ánh sáng khắc trên gỗ được làm phép và đươc trưng ra tại đồi Becchi. Hiện nay 14 Chặng Ánh sáng được treo trong đền thánh Don Bosco ở Colle Don Bosco (xem hình ảnh bên dưới).
    Những ai muốn suy niệm và cầu nguyện trước 14 chặng ánh sáng trong mùa Phục sinh này, có thể xem trên trang web BOSCOLINK. Các tài liệu được phổ biến bằng tiếng Ý, tiếng Anh, tiếng Pháp, tiếng Trung Hoa và tiếng Nhật.
    Xin chúc các bạn và các anh em cảm nghiệm dồi dào tình yêu Chúa trong Đại lễ Chúa chịu chết và Phục sinh sắp đến.
    Thân ái trong Don Bosco
    Cha Klement Vaclav, Bề Trên miền

1. When did you fall in love with Jesus? - Initial Proclamation of Jesus Christ

EAO Good Night Talk (42)                                                                      Seoul – South Korea September 1, 2017   When did you fall in love with Jesus?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members!           Six weeks ago w...
    Date2017.08.29 Byvaclav Views1187
    Read More
  2. Accompaniment - one of the Salesian key words!

EAO Good Night Talk (41)                                                                        August 1, 2017   Accompaniment - one of Salesian key words   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members!           I’m more and more deeply convin...
    Date2017.07.28 Byvaclav Views1826
    Read More
  3. Salesian Lay Volunteers - Mission Possible?

EAO Good Night Talk (40)                                                                      July 1, 2017   Salesian Lay Volunteers – Mission Possible?  EAO-GNT-2017 (40) July ENG.pdf Dear Friends and Salesian Family members!      The month...
    Date2017.06.26 Byvaclav Views22541
    Read More
  4. Jesus Vine Tree - motivated by the Biblical Icon?

GNT for download: EAO-GNT-2017 (39) June ENG.pdf EAO Good Night Talk (39)                                                                      June 1, 2017   How are we motivated by ‘Jesus Vine Tree’ Icon? Dear friends and confreres,   Durin...
    Date2017.05.30 Byvaclav Views1177
    Read More
  5. Mary has done everything (May 2017)

EAO Good Night Talk (38)                                                                       May 1, 2017 She has done everything. Trust in Mary Help of Christians, and you’ll see what miracles are! (Don Bosco)  FOR DOWNLOAD: EAO-GNT-2017 (...
    Date2017.05.09 Byvaclav Views809
    Read More
  6. Communion - we need each other (April 2017)

EAO Good Night Talk (37)                                                                      April 1, 2017   Do we really need each other? Without good communication is no communion!     Dear friends and confreres,   During past few years w...
    Date2017.03.27 Byvaclav Views917
    Read More
  7. Never grow tired to walk! (Lenten Journey 2017)

EAO Good Night Talk (36)                                                                       March 1, 2017   Never grow tired to walk! Can you tell me, what should I change?     Dear friends and confreres,   Exactly today we are starting a...
    Date2017.02.18 Byvaclav Views954
    Read More
  8. Pope Francis: Listen and Move! (To the religious superiors)

Take the Gospel without Tranquilizers A conversation with the general superiors Pope Francis FOR DOWNLOAD:  Take the Gospel-Francis 2016 religious.docx   “The Pope is late,” they tell me at the entrance to the Vatican’s Paul VI Audience Hall...
    Date2017.02.14 Byvaclav Views18474
    Read More
  9. No Image

Francis to the General Superiors 2016 November

Conversazione del Papa Francesco con i Superiori Generali Sui casi di abusi sessuali: «È una malattia; dobbiamo esserne convinti per risolvere il problema» Papa Francesco: «Sì, c’è corruzione in Vaticano, ma non perdo la serenità» Il Pontefi...
    Date2017.02.09 Byvaclav Views2066
    Read More
  10. No Image

Listen, appreciate and give thanks!

EAO Good Night Talk (35)                                                                       February 1, 2017   Listen, appreciate and give thanks!   Dear friends and confreres,   We have started another year, for us the Year of the Family...
    Date2017.01.28 Byvaclav Views559
    Read More
  11. Happy New Year 2017 - Stop all Wars!

EAO Good Night Talk (34)                                                                    Seoul - Korea    January 1, 2017   Stop all War! Make 2017 the Year of Peace!   Dear friends and confreres,   At the beginning of this year, I entrus...
    Date2016.12.30 Byvaclav Views830
    Read More
  12. No Image

Do you believe in the Salesian Family?

EAO Good Night Talk (33)                                                                       December 1, 2016   Do you believe in the Salesian Family?   Dear friends and confreres, We are starting the last month of this year. For coming fe...
    Date2016.11.30 Byvaclav Views777
    Read More
  13. No Image

Hamamatsu - Fruitful Year of Mercy!

EAO Good Night Talk (32)         for download:  EAO-GNT-2016 (32) November ENG.pdf                                                   November 1, 2016   Fruitful Year of Mercy – Hamamatsu, Japan!      Dear friends and confreres,     It was an...
    Date2016.10.27 Byvaclav Views476
    Read More
  14. No Image

Japan Volunteers reaching out!

EAO Good Night Talk (31)                                                                       October 1, 2016     Japan Volunteers are reaching out!       Dear friends and confreres,         Few days ago we witnessed the 147th Salesian miss...
    Date2016.09.30 Byvaclav Views399
    Read More
  15. No Image

Prayer and Promise - Don Bosco Past Pupils

EAO Good Night Talk (30)                                                                       September 1, 2016   Don Bosco Alumni: Prayer and Promise!   For download:  Prayer and Promise (EN).docx (ENGLISH) EAO-SF 19 DBPP - Prayer and Pro...
    Date2016.08.29 Byvaclav Views553
    Read More
  16. Communion - a very precious gift!

EAO Good Night Talk (29)   For download:  EAO-GNT-2016 (29) August ENG Vine Tree Icon.pdf                                                                      August 1, 2016 Communion – a very precious gift!   Dear friends and confreres,    ...
    Date2016.07.24 Byvaclav Views534
    Read More
  17. Year of Mercy - Fruits to Harvest?

EAO Good Night Talk (28)                                                                       July 1, 2016   Year of Mercy – what fruits do we harvest?   Dear friends and confreres,       The Year of Mercy entered already its second half, m...
    Date2016.07.04 Byvaclav Views762
    Read More
  18. No Image

Salesian Brother in the Heart of Jesus!

EAO Good Night Talk (27)                                                                       June 1, 2016   Salesian Brother in the Heart of Jesus! Dear friends and confreres,        The Year of Mercy is going on, a wonderful opportunity t...
    Date2016.05.31 Byvaclav Views615
    Read More
  19. Discovering the periphery of Pope Francis

EAO Good Night Talk (26)                                                                       Tiruchy - May 1, 2016   Discovering Pope Francis in the rural periphery!     Dear friends and confreres,        Just few hours ago here in Tiruchy...
    Date2016.05.01 Byvaclav Views499
    Read More
  20. Salesian Family grows through listening

EAO Good Night Talk (25)  EAO-GNT-2016 (25) April ENG.doc  - for download                                                                                                                                                                        ...
    Date2016.04.01 Byvaclav Views642
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
/ 5