PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5499

EAO Good Night Talk (80)

Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
01 November 2020

Dear Superiors, confreres, members of the Salesian Family and friends,

We are going to the close of October, the month dedicated to pray for the missions of the Church. We congratulate our confreres in the Delegation of Mongolia, belonging to our East Asia Oceania Region for completing a new chapel in Shuwu, a little town or village, 40 km’s from Ulaan Bataar. Our Salesians have succeeded to lay seeds and make grow the early Christian community over there. A few years ago, I had an opportunity to celebrate the Sunday Mass in this village, in a small room, with 5-6 baptized and some catechumens. Today, the community has grown with 76 baptized. We can clearly see the blessing of God upon our Salesian missionaries in this missionary country They have labored to nurture the faith and inculturate the Salesian charism into this nomadic people. Indeed, they labor very hard to overcome so many difficulties, weather, very cold weather, and language. Mongolian is one of the most difficult languages. It is very difficult, even for those who have known two or more foreign languages.

And then, we are entering November, the month the church celebrates the glory of Christians in Heaven and prays for those in the purgatory.

In this atmosphere of looking up to the end of the world and our final destination, we are invited to grow in sanctity, each in his or her own status of life.

We are privileged to be formed and to live in the school of Salesian spirituality, which St. Francis of Sales, 400 ago, taught us. He left a precious treatise, Introduction to Devout Life in which he stressed that each baptized was called to sanctity in his/her ordinary life. This teaching has been spread out by his Spiritual Family, Don Bosco was one of his gifted spiritual disciple as Don Bosco implemented this teaching in his own mission to the young. In fact , Don Bosco simplifies it with a motto which becomes universal in the Salesian world: “For us, sanctity depends on the fulfilment of one’s duties in joy”.

The Council Vatican II re-affirmed this call of the Gospel in the Constitution Lumen Gentium. Our saint John Paul II enkindled this passion for becoming holy as in his pontificate, he canonized 482 saints— more than all popes of the previous 500 years combined — and beatified 1,341 men and women,” like Padre Pio, Maximilian Kolbe, Edith Stein, Faustina Kowalska, and Katherine Drexel. Pope Francis with his Apostolic Exhortation Rejoice and Be Glad calls us that we need not to think only those holy men and women already glorified on the altar. The sanctity has been poured abundantly by the Holy Spirit upon God’s people because God is pleased to make people holy and saved them.

Indeed, as Pope Francis explains, God draws us to himself, taking into account the complex fabric of interpersonal relationships present in a human community in those parents who raise their children with immense love, in those men and women who work hard to support their families, in the sick, in elderly religious who never lose their smile. In their daily perseverance I see the holiness of the Church militant. Very often it is a holiness found in our next-door neighbours,those who, living in our midst, reflect God’s presence. We might call them “the middle class of holiness”

This is the ultimate goal of all Salesian spirituality. It is also the way we spread it out through our mission of education and evangelization.

Then each day, we have to ask ourselves: what is or what are my duties so that I can become holy in fulfilling them. And whether I can fulfill them in joy, in happiness or in sadness?

Reading the lives of our Salesian saints and blessed, venerable, servants of God, we find out two common traits: love for God and loving kindness to others, beginning from those with whom we are living or to whom we are sent to serve. Loving for God and loving kindness to others in our whole day, whether we are in chapel, on the playground, in prayer moments or we are teaching in class, serving in the office, company, or with community or family chores.

Dear Superiors, confreres and members of Salesian Family and friends,

I wish you a fruitful month of growing in sanctity in accord with our Salesian spirituality, contributing to the Church garden with our flowers of holiness. May God bless you all.

Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc, SDB

EAO Regional Councillor

• ?
    vaclav 2020.11.10 17:37
    日本語訳〉
    管区長、会員の皆様、サレジオ家族、友人の皆様、

教会の福音宣教のために祈る10月を私たちは締めくくりました。ウランバートルから40キロ離れた所にある村、シュウゥに小さな聖堂を完成させた、東アジア・オセアニア地域に所属するモンゴル委任地区の兄弟たちに、お祝いを申し上げます。サレジオ会員たちは、その町で種を蒔き、初代キリスト者共同体を成長させることができました。私は数年前、この村の小さな部屋で5、6名の信徒、数名の求道者と共に、主日のミサをささげる機会がありました。今日、共同体は、76人の信徒を擁するまでに成長しています。この宣教地のサレジオ会宣教師たちの上に神の祝福をありありと見ることができます。宣教師たちは、信仰を養い、遊牧民の人々のうちにサレジオのカリスマを文化受容させるため、労苦してきました。実に、宣教師たちは、非常に多くの困難、極寒の気候、言葉の壁を乗り越えるため、大変な努力をしています。モンゴル語は最も難しい言語の一つです。外国語を二か国以上話せる人でさえ、とても苦労します。

そして、私たちは11月に入りました。今月、教会は、天のキリスト者の栄光を祝い、煉獄の人々のために祈ります。

世の終わり、私たちの最終的な目的地に目を向け、仰ぐこの雰囲気のなか、私たちは、それぞれの人生の道で聖性において成長するよう招かれています。

サレジオの聖フランシスコが400年前に教えてくれたサレジオの霊性の学び舎で養成され、そこに暮らすことのできる私たちは幸いです。聖フランシスコ・サレジオは貴重な論説を残してくれました。『信心生活入門』で、洗礼を受けたすべての人が日常生活の中で聖性に招かれていることを聖フランシスコは強調しています。この教えは聖人の霊的家族によって広められています。ドン・ボスコは、聖フランシスコ・サレジオの霊的弟子の一人として豊かな賜物をいただき、若者のための自らの使命において、その教えを採り入れ実践しました。実際、ドン・ボスコは、サレジオ世界の普遍的なモットーのうちに、その教えを要約しています:「私たちにとって聖性は、自らの務めを喜んで果たすことにかかっている。」

第二バチカン公会議は、福音のこの招きを、教会憲章Lumen Gentiumの中で再確認しました。われらが聖ヨハネ・パウロ二世は、聖なる者になるという情熱を燃え立たせました。在位中に‐それまでの500年間に教皇たちが列聖した人数を合わせたよりも多い‐482人を列聖し、1,341人を列福したのです。パードレ・ピオ、マキシミリアノ・コルベ、エディット・シュタイン、ファウスティナ・コワルスカ、カタリナ・ドレクセルらです。教皇フランシスコは使徒的勧告『喜びに喜べ』で、祭壇の栄誉に浴している聖なる人々だけに目を向ける必要はないと呼びかけています。聖性は、聖霊によって神の民の上に豊かに注がれている、なぜなら、人々を聖なる者とし救うことは、神のみ心にかなっているからです。

実に、教皇フランシスコが説明するように、神は私たちをご自分に引き寄せられます。人間の共同体の複合的な人間関係の織物、大きな愛をもって子どもたちを育てる両親、家族を養うためにがんばって働く人々、病気の人、笑顔を絶やさない高齢の修道者、すべてをごらんになりながら。日々の堅忍のうちに、私は闘う教会の聖性を見ます。しばしば、それは私たちの隣人、私たちのただ中に暮らし、神の現存を映し出す人々の聖性です。「聖なる中流の人々」と呼んでもいいかもしれません。

これが、サレジオ霊性全体の究極の目標です。また、私たちが教育と福音宣教の使命を通してサレジオ霊性を広める道でもあります。

そこで、私たちは日々、自問しなければなりません:果たすことによって私が聖なる者になる、その務めとは何だろうか。それを果たすとき、喜びがあり、幸せだろうか、それとも悲しみがあるだろうか。

サレジオの聖人、福者、尊者、神の僕の生涯について読むとき、共通する二つの特徴を見いだします:神への愛と、他者への慈愛、共に暮らす人々、あるいは私たちが遣わされる対象である人々から始まる慈愛です。一日中、聖堂にいても、運動場にいても、祈りの時であれ、教室で教えている時であれ、事務所で、会社で働いている時、あるいは共同体や家庭で務めを果たしている時であれ、神への愛、他者への慈愛を生きることです。

管区長、会員の皆さん、サレジオ家族、友人の皆さん、

今月が、サレジオ霊性のうちに聖性において成長し、聖性の花が咲き誇る教会の庭に香りを加える実り豊かな月でありますように。神の祝福が皆さんの上にありますように。

EAO地域顧問 ヨセフ・グェン・ティン・フォック神父, SDB

1. Sanctity depends on the fulfilment of one’s duties in joy

ALA_5499 EAO Good Night Talk (80) Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam 01 November 2020 Dear Superiors, confreres, members of the Salesian Family and friends, We are going to the close of October, the month dedicated to pray for the missions of the ...
    Date2020.11.01 Byceteratolle Views1794
    Read More
  2. EVERYONE IS A MISSIONARY

EAO Good Night Talk (79) Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, 09 October 2020 Dear Superiors, confreres, members of the Salesian Family and friends, 1- First of all, I would like to request you to pray more for the patients of Covid-19, among them,...
    Date2020.10.09 Byceteratolle Views1471
    Read More
  3. Two interlocked ministries with one convergent goal

EAO Good Night Talk (78) Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam 05 September 2020 Dear confreres, members of the Salesian Family and friends, In our East Asia Oceania Region, the last six months have been a great trial for us. We had to stop or put in...
    Date2020.09.07 Byceteratolle Views999
    Read More
  4. Monthly Talk of Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc SDB, EAO Regional

EAO Good Night Talk (77) Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam 04 August 2020 Dear confreres and members of Salesian Family and friends, 1- Even though there is some hope for the coming vaccine to treat the Covid virus, yet, in all countries, the Pan...
    Date2020.08.05 Byceteratolle Views3601
    Read More
  5. So much potential!

EAO Good Night Talk (76) Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam 01 July 2020 Dear confreres and members of the Salesian Family and friends, Greetings to all of you from Vietnam. I am still “locked down” in Vietnam, since the Italian Embassy has not yet ope...
    Date2020.06.30 Byceteratolle Views1339
    Read More
  6. Salesians and Members of Salesian Family in Solidarity for Services in time of Difficulties

EAO Good Night Talk (75) Ho Chi Minh City, 02 June 2020 Dear confreres and members of the Salesian Family, For more than 3 months, the Pandemic Covid 19 has caused severe impact upon all the countries where Salesian works are present. Gov...
    Date2020.06.04 Byceteratolle Views688
    Read More
  7. Nothing can stop us doing good things

EAO Good Night Talk (74) Ho Chi Minh, April 30, 2020 Dear confreres, friends and members of the Salesian Family: Today is 30 April 2020. I am still in Vietnam as the lockdown is still going on. Yet, the General Council had its first meeting...
    Date2020.04.30 Byceteratolle Views810
    Read More
  8. Dream about Great Dreams

EAO Good Night Talk (73) Ho Chi Minh, April 1, 2020 Dear confreres, friends and Salesian Family members! This is my first “Good Night Talk” as I pledge to continue the good tradition of my predecessor, Fr. Vaclav Klement. He has left us a g...
    Date2020.03.30 Byceteratolle Views844
    Read More
  9. EAO Goodnights 2014-2020

EAO GOODNIGHTS 2014-2020 FOR DOWNLOAD (Nihongo-pdf-word) EAObuonanotte2014-2020_GIA.pdf EAOボナノッテ2014-2020_GIA.docx FOR DOWNLOAD (ENG-PDF format):  gnfinal.pdf (ENG-HTML format): goodnights1.zip At the end of this six-year period (2014–2...
    Date2020.03.11 Byvaclav Views758
    Read More
  10. Thank you very much!

EAO Good Night Talk (72)                            Valdocco            1 March 2020                                                                                                                Growing with a grateful heart…       Dear co...
    Date2020.02.29 Byvaclav Views893
    Read More
  11. Without the young we can't reach heaven?

EAO Good Night Talk (71)                            Hong Kong, China            1st February 2020                                                                                                                Without the young we can’t reach...
    Date2020.01.31 Byvaclav Views799
    Read More
  12. Would you like to tell your story?

EAO Good Night Talk (70)                            Sacro Cuore, Rome            1 January 2020                                                                                                              Would you like to tell your story?  ...
    Date2019.12.28 Byvaclav Views1936
    Read More
  13. Thank you, Pope Francis for your visits within our region!

EAO Good Night Talk (69)                            Tokyo, Japan            1 December 2019                                                                                                              Thank you, Pope Francis for your visits ...
    Date2019.11.30 Byvaclav Views889
    Read More
  14. Don Bosco Green Alliance - Take Action now!

EAO Good Night Talk (68) Cebu, Philippines 1 November 2019 Don Bosco Green Alliance – take action now! Dear Friends and Salesian Family members, Receive my heartfelt greetings from Cebu, starting the last full month of 2019 animation visits...
    Date2019.10.25 Byvaclav Views2335
    Read More
  15. Would you like to become a Mission?

EAO Good Night Talk (67)                                Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam        1 October 2019                                                                                                                     Would you like to bec...
    Date2019.09.24 Byvaclav Views1275
    Read More
  16. Vocation grows by attraction

EAO Good Night Talk - September 2019   Anisakan - Myanmar                                September 1, 2019     A culture of vocation grows (only) only through attraction     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive my heartfel...
    Date2019.08.25 Byvaclav Views1411
    Read More
  17. Lord, send me out of my comfort zone!

Lord, send me out of my comfort zone! EAO Good night talk - 2019, August   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive my heartfelt greetings on the second stop over of this second semester journey around our EAO region - Cambodi...
    Date2019.07.31 Byvaclav Views1629
    Read More
  18. How do you make known our Saints?

EAO Good Night Talk (64)                                                                       Holy Land Pilgrimage        July 1, 2019     Do you make Salesian saints known? (Brother Cosimo – Sacro Cuore, Rome)       Dear Friends and Salesi...
    Date2019.06.23 Byvaclav Views1328
    Read More
  19. How do you invoke Salesian Saints?

EAO Good Night Talk (63)                                                                     Jakarta, Indonesia        June 1, 2019     How do you invoke Salesian saints?     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,      Today is my last da...
    Date2019.05.29 Byvaclav Views1592
    Read More
  20. Christ is Alive and wants you to be alive! - Easter 2019

EAO Good Night Talk (62)                                                                    Melbourne, Australia        May 1, 2019           Christ is alive and he wants you to be alive!     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       R...
    Date2019.04.24 Byvaclav Views44299
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
/ 5