Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

EAO Good Night Talk (73)                

Ho Chi Minh, April 1, 2020

Dear confreres, friends and Salesian Family members!

This is my first “Good Night Talk” as I pledge to continue the good tradition of my predecessor, Fr. Vaclav Klement. He has left us a great treasure of his good-night speeches during his terms as Regional Councillor and Councillor for Missions. I am still digesting this “deposit of Salesian charism in action” in our EAO Region.

1- So far, as the whole world has been impacted with the spread of the Covid-19, all domestic and international travels are being stopped to fight for the control of the plague. I am still being in the Provincial House of Vietnam and waiting for the Visa to go to Rome in order to attend the first meeting of May 1, 2020. Meanwhile, Fr. Klement is coaching me for the new responsibilities. I am very grateful for his teaching-on-the job.

2- Back to their countries, many of our participants of the CG28 have been quarantined or distanced themselves for at least 2 weeks. Let us pray for them to be safe and let us continue to pray for the people and the countries impacted with the disease, in particular, as you know from the news of ANS, our Salesians, in spain and members of the Salesian Family who passed away in these days. We join our prayers and self-sacrifices with those of the whole Church for them.

3- At the same time, we listen to the call of the Pope addressed to the General Chapter 28: Dream about Great Dream”. In fact, his message to the Chapter has been considered by him as a “Good Night”: I wish to offer you these words as the “good night” in every good Salesian house at the end of the day, inviting you to dream and to have indeed great dreams.

The Pope knows so well the Salesian traditional Buona Notte as the educative and pastoral instrument used by Don Bosco to accompany his confreres and boys. As the community members were completing the day and they were going to bed, resting and having “sweet dreams”, Don Bosco gave them “Buona Notte” as his discernment, his reading of the current events of the society, of the Church, identifying the wills of God through these and communicated them to his priests, clerics, lay brothers and students. Many of them indeed went to bed with “big dreams”: the growth of the Salesian Congregation and the Salesian Family as a movement to save the young at risk.

Let us dream that God will protect us from all negative consequences of the plague. Wherever we are, as sons and daughters of Don Bosco, let us continue to sow the seed of hope and trust.

Yours in Don Bosco

Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc SDB

EAO Regional Councillor

The First Goodnight Talk of the New EAO Regional
  • ?
    vaclav 2020.03.30 19:23
    From the Message of Pope Francis to GC28 Salesians (last paragraph)
    I wish to offer you these words as the “good nights” in every good Salesian house at the end of the day, inviting you to dream and to have indeed great dreams. Be assured that the rest will be given you in addition. Dream open houses, fruitful and evangelizing; homes that allow the Lord to manifest to many young people his unconditional love and allow you in return to enjoy the beauty to which you have been called. Do dream ... And not just for yourselves and for the good of the Congregation, but for all young people without strength, deprived of the light and comfort of friendship with Jesus Christ, without a community of faith that sustains them, devoid of a horizon of meaning and life (Ap. Exhort. Evangelii gaudium, 49). Do dream ... and make others dream as well!
  • ?
    vaclav 2020.04.17 13:14
    会員の皆さん、友人、サレジオ家族の皆さん!

前任者、ヴァツラフ・クレメンテ神父様の良い伝統を継承することを誓う私にとって、これは最初の「ボナノッテ」になります。クレメンテ神父様は地域顧問として、また宣教顧問としての任期の間、ボナノッテのすばらしい宝を残してくれました。私は、我らがEAO地域の、この「今も働くサレジオのカリスマの預りもの」を、まだ消化しようとしているところです。

今のところ、全世界が新型コロナウィルスの蔓延の影響を受ける中、疫病を封じ込める闘いのため、国内外のすべての移動は止められています。私はいまだにベトナムの管区長館にいて、2020年5月1日の最初の会合に参加するため、ローマへ行くビザを待っているところです。その間、新しい務めのために、クレメンテ神父様が指導を与えてくれています。仕事をしながら学ばせてくれることに、大変感謝しています。

第28回総会議員の多くは、国に帰った後、少なくとも2週間、検疫のために隔離されたり、自己隔離したりしました。彼らが無事であるように祈りましょう、そしてこの病によって苦しむ人々、国々のため、特にANSニュースでご存じのように、ここ数日亡くなったスペインのサレジオ会員とサレジオ家族メンバーのために祈りましょう。このすべての人のため、全教会の祈りと自己犠牲に、私たちの祈りと自己犠牲を合わせたいと思います。

同時に、第28回総会にあてた教皇の呼びかけに、私たちは耳を傾けます:「大いなる夢を夢見てください」。実際、総会へのメッセージを、教皇は「ボナノッテ」と捉えています:「私は、すべての良きサレジオの家で、一日の終わりに贈られる『ボナノッテ』として、この言葉を皆さんにさしあげたいと思います。夢見るように、実に、大いなる夢を夢見ようにと、皆さんを招きながら。」

教皇は、ドン・ボスコが会員と少年たちと共に歩むために用いた教育的・司牧的な道具であるサレジオ伝統のボナノッテを、とてもよくご存じです。共同体の皆が一日を終え、眠りにつこうとするとき、「優しい夢」を見ながら休もうとするとき、ドン・ボスコは「ボナノッテ」を与えました。識別として、社会や教会で起きていることをどのように読んでいるか、それらの出来事・状況を通して神のみ旨を見いだし、司祭、神学生、修道士、生徒たちに伝えたのです。聞いた多くの者は「大いなる夢」をいだきながら眠りにつきました:危険にさらされた若者を救う運動としてのサレジオ会とサレジオ家族の成長という、大いなる夢です。

神が、疫病のあらゆる負の結果から私たちを守ってくださることを夢見ましょう。私たちがどこにいようと、ドン・ボスコの息子、娘として、希望と信頼の種を蒔き続けましょう。

ドン・ボスコのうちに。

EAO東アジア・オセアニア地域顧問 ヨセフ・グェン・ティン・フォック, SDB

List of Articles
No. Subject Author Date Views
86 Sanctity depends on the fulfilment of one’s duties in joy 1 file ceteratolle 2020.11.01 1757
85 EVERYONE IS A MISSIONARY 1 file ceteratolle 2020.10.09 1443
84 Two interlocked ministries with one convergent goal 1 file ceteratolle 2020.09.07 968
83 Monthly Talk of Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc SDB, EAO Regional 1 file ceteratolle 2020.08.05 3574
82 So much potential! 2 file ceteratolle 2020.06.30 1313
81 Salesians and Members of Salesian Family in Solidarity for Services in time of Difficulties 1 file ceteratolle 2020.06.04 673
80 Nothing can stop us doing good things file ceteratolle 2020.04.30 796
» Dream about Great Dreams 2 file ceteratolle 2020.03.30 830
78 EAO Goodnights 2014-2020 1 file vaclav 2020.03.11 745
77 Thank you very much! 4 file vaclav 2020.02.29 879
76 Without the young we can't reach heaven? 2 file vaclav 2020.01.31 785
75 Would you like to tell your story? 3 file vaclav 2019.12.28 1928
74 Thank you, Pope Francis for your visits within our region! 4 file vaclav 2019.11.30 876
73 Don Bosco Green Alliance - Take Action now! 3 file vaclav 2019.10.25 2324
72 Would you like to become a Mission? 3 file vaclav 2019.09.24 1260
71 Vocation grows by attraction 2 file vaclav 2019.08.25 1393
70 Lord, send me out of my comfort zone! 5 file vaclav 2019.07.31 1617
69 How do you make known our Saints? 5 file vaclav 2019.06.23 1316
68 How do you invoke Salesian Saints? 13 file vaclav 2019.05.29 1581
67 Christ is Alive and wants you to be alive! - Easter 2019 15 file vaclav 2019.04.24 43283
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
/ 5