PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

EAO Good Night Talk (51)                                                                 

Hong Kong - China, June 1, 2018

Do you read the Gospel every day?

Just two minutes!

Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,

Let’s make this month of June truly a special time of listening to Jesus! Traditionally we celebrate June as the month of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It’s a good chance to get closer to the heart of Jesus Christ. In his recent video message, Pope Francis challenges the Argentina youth:

“How many of you spend daily two minutes to read the daily Gospel? Just two minutes! Carry a small booklet of the Gospels with you in your purse, in your pocket (or on your smartphone). When you are on the bus, train, subway, waiting for your friend or when you are at home: Open the Gospel and read for two minutes! Try it! You will see how will change your life! Because you will encounter Jesus and encounter his Word.”

On the evening of Trinity Sunday in Hong Kong after the beautiful procession of Mary Help of Christians, praying for the Catholic community in China in our Tang King Po Parish, I watched this short video many times. During a short talk in the Parish church I have asked the Salesian Family: ‘What is easier – listen to Jesus or listen to your children, your husband or wife?’     

According a recent survey, about 20% of Hong Kong parents don’t’ listen to their children even once a week! We can also ask how often we listen to the young in our schools, parishes, youth centers or boarding houses! Indeed our deficit of listening is felt everywhere!

From our personal experience we know that listen with deep attention to Jesus is not easy. We find some many excuse to make shorter our 30 minutes of daily meditation, we excuse ourselves from the youth listening as well. Without a personal experience of life changing encounter with Jesus how can we ask distracted young people with Pope Francis: ‘Listen - just two minutes?’

I wish you a fruitful month of the Sacred Heart of Jesus 2018!

Fr. Václav Klement, SDB

EAO Regional councillor

Pope Francis video: https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2018-05/pope-videomessage-argentina-young-people.html#play

• ?
    vaclav 2018.05.30 12:11
    Thank you for your kind message. In fact, I have just seen the video that someone passed to me. It is inspiring. Let's pray that we first may put it into practice so that our young ones will follow.
    United in prayers.

Francis
  • ?
    vaclav 2018.05.30 23:08
    주님안에서 건강하시죠?

하루 매일 성서와 접하지만, 특별히 신부님의 메세지 받고 더 깨어 살아야지 합니다.
    이제는 '말씀'으로 살아가야지 합니다.
    지금은 성서통독과 성경공부를 하고 있답니다.

성모님과 함께 한 아름다운 5월을 마음에 품고,
    예수성심과 함께하는 6월을 겸손한 마음을 본받으면서
    열정적으로 잘 보내야지 한답니다.

감사합니다!
    기도합니다!
    사랑합니다!
  • ?
    vaclav 2018.05.31 17:31
    Thank You so much, Father.
    yeah! i am going to practice the tip: "listen-two minutes".
    i believe that to encounter Jesus and encountering another Salesians and encountering Youth.
    best regards.
  • ?
    vaclav 2018.06.01 09:19
    Many thanks for your good night and challenge to listen to the Lord, every day.

Fr Vaclav, the Rectors formation is drawing close and I was wondering would you consider offering this pdf file attached on Don Bosco’s attitude of his preparation and celebration of the Mass, and the education of youth. The quotes are from Biographical Memoirs Volume IV, Chapter 39: Eucharistic Piety (pp310-318).
    I feel the quotes would be a helpful to Rectors, and hence a flow on affect to their communities of what Don Bosco would do in our culture, especially when listening before the Lord.
    Yours in Don Bosco
    Father..

Dear Fr. Vaclav. ……many thanks for your good night and challenge to listen to the Lord, every day. Fr Vaclav, the Rectors formation is drawing close and I was wondering would you consider offering this pdf file attached on Don Bosco’s attitude of his preparation and celebration of the Mass, and the education of youth. The quotes are from Biographical Memoirs Volume IV, Chapter 39: Eucharistic Piety (pp310-318).
    I feel the quotes would be a helpful to Rectors, and hence a flow on affect to their communities of what Don Bosco would do in our culture, especially when listening before the Lord.

Yours in Don Bosco

Fr S
  • ?
    vaclav 2018.06.01 09:21
    DEAR FATHER,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GOOD NIGHT TALK I JUST RECEIVED.
    2 MINUTES A DAY FOR LISTENING TO JESUS IS REALLY VERY NECESSARY AND STRENGTHENING US FIRMLY.

WE MISSED THE PRECIOUS OCCASION OF YOUR VISIT. ANYWAY, I THINK YOU WOULD PRAY FOR US AND BLESS US.

BEST WISHES FOR THE MONTH OF THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS,

IN THE SACRED HEART I ALWAYS PRAY TO BE ONE OF YOUR DEAREST ONES,
    SINCERELY,
    JOSEPH
  • ?
    vaclav 2018.06.01 09:42
    Yes, praying that we all may always have a listening
    ear while reading the Gospel everyday. And that this
    listening may be translated and overflow to our listening
    to our Confreres and to the young entrusted to us.
    All the best for our preparations for the Provincial Chapters
    and the 28th General Chapter.
    In the Sacred Heart of Jesus,
  • ?
    vaclav 2018.06.01 12:57
    Bạn có biết lắng nghe Chúa Giêsu không?
    Bạn có đọc Phúc Âm mỗi ngày? Chỉ cần 2 phút thôi!

Các bạn hữu và các thành viên trong Gia đình Salêdiêng thân mến,

Chúng ta hãy biến Tháng Sáu này thành thời gian đặc biệt để biết lắng nghe Chúa Giêsu. Theo truyền thống, đây là tháng kính Thánh Tâm. Chúng ta hãy năng chạy đến với Thánh Tâm Chúa. Trong cuộc gặp gỡ các bạn trẻ Argentina vào dịp thăm viếng vừa qua, Đức Thánh Cha đã ngỏ lời như sau:

“Bao nhiêu người trong các con đã dành ít là 2 phút mỗi ngày để đọc Tin Mừng? Chỉ cần 2 phút đồng hồ thôi. Các con hãy mang theo mình cuốn Phúc âm nho nhỏ, đựng trong ví, nhét trong túi hay lưu trong điện thoại. Khi các con ngồi trên xe buýt, ngồi chờ xe lửa hay lúc các con ở nhà, các con hãy mở Phúc âm và đọc Lời Chúa. Chỉ cần đọc khoảng 2 phút. Các con sẽ thấy cuộc sống biến đổi, vì các con đã gặp gỡ Chúa Giêsu và tiếp cận với Lời của Ngài”.

Vào chiều Chúa Nhật lễ Chúa Ba Ngôi vừa qua, sau khi tham dự cuộc rước kiệu cung nghinh Đức Mẹ tại giáo xứ Tang King Po ở Đài loan để cầu nguyện cho Giáo hội Trung Hoa, Cha đã ngồi lại để xem video về bài nói chuyện của Đức Thánh Cha khi Ngài ngỏ lời với các bạn trẻ Argentina. Sau đó, khi huấn đức cho bà con giáo dân trong giáo xứ, Cha hỏi mọi người, đặc biệt các thành viên trong Gia đình Salêdiêng rằng, ‘Có gì dễ dàng cho bằng việc lắng nghe Chúa Giêsu, lắng nghe con cái, hoặc vợ chồng lắng nghe lẫn nhau?’.

Theo một bản khảo sát, khoảng 20% các phụ huynh tại Hồng Kông đã không gặp gỡ và lắng nghe con cái của họ, ít là mỗi tuần 1 lần. Chúng ta cũng tự hỏi xem, chúng ta có biết lắng nghe các bạn trẻ, tại các trường học, ở các giáo xứ, tại các trung tâm trẻ hay trong các nhà nội trú hay không. Có lẽ ở những nơi đó, chúng ta thấy rất thiếu việc lắng nghe các người trẻ.

Từ kinh nghiệm riêng tư, Cha thấy rằng việc lắng nghe Chúa Giêsu một cách chăm chú không phải là điều dễ dàng. Nhiều người tự thú rằng họ không dành đủ 30 phút để nguyện ngắm mỗi ngày và cũng ít lưu tâm đến việc lắng nghe các bạn trẻ. Nếu chúng ta không biết nghe Chúa Giêsu nói, để có thể trải nghiệm về sự biến đổi nội tâm, thì làm sao chúng ta có thể khuyên các bạn trẻ đọc Tin Mừng để nghe Chúa nói với họ, như lời khuyến mời của Đức Thánh Cha Phanxicô ‘Hãy dành ít là 2 phút mỗi ngày để nghe Chúa nói’.

Cầu chúc tất cả Tháng Thánh Tâm Chúa Giêsu với nhiều hoa trái tốt đẹp.

Hồng Kông, 01/06/2018
    Cha Vaclav Klement, SDB
    Bề Trên miền EAO
  • ?
    vaclav 2018.06.02 16:03
    Ola Father
    .thank you very much this encouraging and inspiring good night talk.
    Best wishes from Timor.
  • ?
    vaclav 2018.06.02 16:07
    EAO ボナノッテ (51)
    2018年6月1日 中国、香港

毎日福音を読みますか?
    2分だけでも!

友人の皆さん、サレジオ家族の皆さん、

この6月の月を、イエスに耳を傾ける特別な時にしましょう! 私たちは伝統的に6月をイエスのみ心の月として祝います。イエス・キリストのみ心に近づく良い機会です。最近のビデオ・メッセージで、教皇フランシスコはアルゼンチンの若者に挑戦を投げかけています:
    「皆さんのうち、その日の福音を読むために毎日2分をかける人はどれくらいいますか? たったの2分です! バッグに、ポケットに(あるいはスマホに)、福音書の小さな本を入れておいてください。バスや電車、地下鉄に乗っているとき、友だちを待っているとき、家にいるとき:福音書を開いて、2分間、読んでください! 試してみてください! 人生が変わるのを経験するでしょう! イエスと出会い、イエスのみ言葉と出会うからです。」

香港で、三位一体の主日の夕方、扶助者聖マリアの美しい行列の後で、Tang King Po教会で中国のカトリック共同体のために祈りながら、私はこの短いビデオを何度も繰り返し見ました。教会で短い講話をした際、サレジオ家族に質問しました:「どちらの方が簡単ですか‐イエスに耳を傾けるのと、皆さんのお子さんやご主人、または奥さんに耳を傾けるのと?」

最近の調査によると、香港の親の約2割が週に1回も子どもの話を聞かないそうです! 私たちも自問することができるでしょう。学校、小教区、ユースセンター、学生寮の若者たちに、私たちはどれほど耳を傾けているでしょうか! 実に、私たちが耳を傾けていないことが、あらゆるところで感じられるのです!

深く注意を傾けてイエスに耳を傾けるのは簡単ではないと、私たちは経験から知っています。毎日の30分の黙想を短くする言い訳を、私たちはたくさん思いつきます。若者に耳を傾けることからも、自分たちを免除してしまいます。人生を変えるほどのイエスとの出会いを自分自身が体験していなければ、ほかのことに目を奪われている若者たちに、教皇フランシスコと共にどうして言うことができるでしょうか:「耳を傾けてみない‐2分だけでも?」と。

実り豊かな2018年のイエスのみ心の月をおすごしください!

EAO地域顧問
    ヴァツラフ・クレメンテ神父, SDB

教皇フランシスコのビデオ: https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2018-05/pope-videomessage-argentina-young-people.html#play

List of Articles
No. Subject Author Date Views
66 How do you imitate Salesian Saints? 5 file vaclav 2019.03.22 3391
65 How do you love Salesian saints? 9 file vaclav 2019.02.25 1087
64 Do you know our Salesian saints? 12 file vaclav 2019.01.30 1433
63 #For you too: Serve the Lord in holy Joy! 4 file vaclav 2018.12.30 1971
62 Presentation of EAO region - Good night talk 2018 (power point) file vaclav 2018.11.27 964
61 Cagliero11 - Listening is always the first step! 3 file vaclav 2018.11.19 886
60 Young People around the world need God's Cooperators! 2 file vaclav 2018.10.30 2016
59 Missionary Youth possible also today 4 file vaclav 2018.09.29 2012
58 How do you listen to the young? 2 file vaclav 2018.08.26 1108
57 Listen to the Salesian Brothers 7 file vaclav 2018.07.29 1618
56 #For You Too! - Movement of Salesian Holiness! 3 file vaclav 2018.06.28 1656
» Listen to Jesus? 9 file vaclav 2018.05.29 1932
54 Like Mary in Cana: what is missing? 15 vaclav 2018.04.29 1514
53 Are you happy to waste your time in listening? 16 file vaclav 2018.03.24 2465
52 How do you whisper the Gospel? 3 file vaclav 2018.02.25 2006
51 Why are the Salesians not listening? 3 file vaclav 2018.01.24 945
50 Happy New Listenful Year 2018 7 file vaclav 2017.12.31 971
49 All for Jesus, Jesus for all! 5 file vaclav 2017.11.29 950
48 First World Day of the Poor - November 19 7 file vaclav 2017.10.30 1141
47 Where is your comfort zone? Vocations - Blessed Fr Titus Zeman, SDB 9 file vaclav 2017.09.26 982
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
/ 5