Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

EAO Good Night Talk (79)

Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam,

09 October 2020

Dear Superiors, confreres, members of the Salesian Family and friends,

1- First of all, I would like to request you to pray more for the patients of Covid-19, among them, there are also Salesians, Salesian sisters and members of Salesian Family in all over the world, Italy, Rome, Philippines. May God bless them with quick recovery so that they could return to their daily services to the poor youth.

This month, as in the recent ones, I am performing my duties in my contacts with Salesians in this EAO region, attending online meetings and emails. I know, as you know, communication online seems good in this period of social distancing. Yet, our heart wants to be near to each other as we are one in a family. With hope, let us pray that the pandemic will be over soon.

2- October is the month dedicated for evangelization. As you know very well, the Salesian Congregation founded by Don Bosco, has been and always will be for evangelization. In fact, it was not only a symbolic act taken by Don Bosco in 1875. As soon as the Congregation was officially and completely recognized by the Universal Church through the approval of its Constitutions, then, Don Bosco sent his sons in the first expedition to Argentine, the new Continent. This first expedition was orchestrated, we could say that, was orchestrated as gloriously and solemnly as possible to put in flame the spirit of missions among our Salesian Family, Salesian priests and brothers, Salesian sisters and Salesian Cooperators. The expedition was indeed a declaration of Don Bosco to the whole Church and to his spiritual sons and daughters of generations to come: Our Family is for missions, for the frontiers, for the peripheries, for those who seem to be out of the existing realm of the structural Church.

Dear confreres, and members of the Salesian Family,

The Church is for evangelization, the Salesian Family is for evangelization. Yet, as a spiritual Family within the Universal Church, in this dimension, we bring in our very distinctive charism: we evangelize through education and we educate through evangelization.

I have to confess that for a number of years as Salesian, I did not grasp at the profound meaning of this statement given by Fr. Vigano, the 6th Successor of Don Bosco. Now it has been explained rather clearly in the Salesian Youth Ministry: Frame of Reference. Let me quote a paragraph:

The Salesian understanding of evangelization is motivated by a holistic concern. It is followed by an educative concern for the growth of the person in all aspects. Education is the human activity where we present the Gospel and where it acquired its typical shape. This anthropological approach leads us to understand better how the different areas of Salesian education are happily marked as wholesome humanism and transcendent dimension. (Frame of Reference, p. 67)

Our evangelization itinerary begins with ordinary and actual existence of people, in particular the young whom we meet in our family settings, our neighborhood, through our contacts and relationships with one another as friends, teacher-students, mentor and mentees ... in our playground, classroom, laboratory, musical gathering and then, in our schools, vocation training centers [TVET]. Our zone of contact with the young is the fertile ground for evangelization, provided that we learn how to engage in it.

May God bless our spiritual, moral and even physical efforts as we are continuing the legacy left by Don Bosco to us as evangelizers of the young.

Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc, SDB

EAO Regional Councillor

GOODNIGHT TALK: October is the month dedicated for Evangelization

• ?
    vaclav 2020.10.15 17:37
    <日本語訳>

長上、会員の皆さん、サレジオ家族、友人の皆さん、

まず初めに、コロナウィルスによる病気で苦しむ人々のために、さらに祈るよう、お願いしたいと思います。その中には、イタリア、ローマ、フィリピンなど、世界各地のサレジオ会員、サレジアン・シスターズ、サレジオ家族のメンバーもいます。神が早い回復の恵みをくださいますように、回復して、貧しい若者への日々の奉仕に戻ることができますように。

ここ数か月間そうであったように、私は今月も、オンライン・ミーティングやメールでEAO地域の会員と連絡を取りながら務めを果たしています。ソーシャルディスタンスを取らなければならない昨今、オンラインでのコミュニケーションが有効のようだと皆さんが思うように、私もそう思います。それでも、私たちの心は、互いに近くにいたいと願います。家族として、私たちは一つだからです。パンデミックが早く収束することを希望し、祈りましょう。

10月は福音宣教の月です。皆さんがよくご存じのように、ドン・ボスコによって創立されたサレジオ修道会は、これまでも、これからも、福音宣教のために働きます。事実、1875年にドン・ボスコが行ったことは、単なる象徴的な行動ではありませんでした。会憲の承認を通して、サレジオ修道会が普遍教会によって正式に、全面的に認可されるとすぐに、ドン・ボスコは最初の宣教派遣によって、息子たちを新大陸アルゼンチンへ送りました。サレジオ家族、サレジオ会司祭と修道士、サレジアン・シスターズ、サレジアニ・コオペラトーリ会員たちのうちに宣教精神を燃え立たせるために、この最初の宣教派遣は、できるかぎり輝かしく、荘厳に演出されました。「演出された」と言ってよいと思います。実に宣教派遣は、全教会への、後の世代の霊的息子・娘たちへの、ドン・ボスコの「私たち『家族』は宣教に遣わされるもの、教会組織の既存の領域の外にいると思われる人々のために、前線へ、辺縁の地へ出向いていくものである」という宣言だったのです。

親愛なるサレジオ会員、サレジオ家族の皆さん、

教会は福音宣教するもの、サレジオ家族は福音宣教するものです。しかし、普遍教会の中の一つの霊的家族として、その次元で、私たちは自らのとても固有なカリスマをもたらします。私たちは、教育を通して福音宣教し、福音宣教を通して教育するのです。

私はサレジオ会員として、何年もの間、ドン・ボスコの第6代後継者ヴィガノ神父によるこの言葉の豊かな意味を捉えていなかったと、告白しなければなりません。今、それは『サレジオ会青少年司牧の手引き(Salesian Youth Ministry Frame of Reference)』に、かなりわかりやすく説明されています。そのある箇所を引用しましょう。

「福音宣教のサレジオ的な理解は、全人格的な成長を目指す教育によって生きたものとなります。教育は、私たちが福音を差し出し、私たちの福音宣教がそこで特徴的な形を取る、人間的活動の場です。この 人間論的アプローチは、サレジオの教育のさまざまな場が、全人的ヒューマニズムと超越的次元の両方に特徴づけられるものであることを、よりよく理解させてくれます。」(Frame of Reference, p.67)

私たちの福音宣教の歩みは人々の日常的、具体的な生活から始まります。特に、家庭的関わりの中で、生活する身近な地域で、友人同士、先生と生徒、相談の受け手と相談する側など、出会いや関わりを通して出会う、若者の日常的、具体的な生活から……遊び場、教室、実習室、音楽の集い、そして私たちの学校、職業訓練センターで。私たちが若者と出会う領域は、福音を宣べ伝える肥沃な土地です。どのように関わればよいか、私たちが学びさえするなら。

ドン・ボスコが私たちに残してくれた若者の福音宣教者としての遺産を生きつづける私たちの霊的、精神的な努力、体を張った努力さえも、神が祝福してくださいますように。

EAO地域顧問 ヨセフ・グェン・ティン・フォック神父, SDB

1. Sanctity depends on the fulfilment of one’s duties in joy

2. EVERYONE IS A MISSIONARY

3. Two interlocked ministries with one convergent goal

4. Monthly Talk of Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc SDB, EAO Regional

5. So much potential!

6. Salesians and Members of Salesian Family in Solidarity for Services in time of Difficulties

7. Nothing can stop us doing good things

8. Dream about Great Dreams

9. EAO Goodnights 2014-2020

10. Thank you very much!

11. Without the young we can't reach heaven?

12. Would you like to tell your story?

13. Thank you, Pope Francis for your visits within our region!

14. Don Bosco Green Alliance - Take Action now!

15. Would you like to become a Mission?

16. Vocation grows by attraction

17. Lord, send me out of my comfort zone!

18. How do you make known our Saints?

19. How do you invoke Salesian Saints?

20. Christ is Alive and wants you to be alive! - Easter 2019

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
/ 5