Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

EAO Good Night Talk (77)

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

04 August 2020

Dear confreres and members of Salesian Family and friends,

1- Even though there is some hope for the coming vaccine to treat the Covid virus, yet, in all countries, the Pandemic is still spreading with long-term detrimental consequences for the poor and our young people, including our institutes to serve to them. Let us continue to live up to our responsibilities as good citizens and Christians, working together to restrict the expansion of this plague and collaborate to reduces the bodily and moral as well as spiritual costs in this special moment of global history. Let us consolidate our sense of responsibility for the common good, the community responsibility for the well being of our communities at different levels.

2- The Rector Major and his Council have completed their Summer Meeting Sessions [from the whole month of June to the 10th of July]. One of their tasks, entrusted by the members of the General Chapter 28, is to complete its 3rd Theme. I was not a delegate of the GC28, yet, as many of you, I followed up closely this important event, studying the documents related to it, as well as the synthesis of all contributions of provincial chapters to the GC28. In particular, I was illumined very much with those General Councillors who had participated in the Assembly themselves, and somehow, I was instructed by the present situation of the Salesian congregation on this essential theme. In fact, since 1996, the time of General Chapter 24, the direction of the whole Congregation has become more and more decisive: the spirit and mission of Don Bosco are not in the monopoly of the Salesians of Don Bosco themselves. The lay people are called to share in this spirit and mission for the better service to poor youth. This direction is now “decisive”, that means, not optative, yet, must be strongly affirmed in thinking, expressed in doing and even in structure or organization. In the words of our Rector Major, no longer can the Salesian return to the old way of thinking and doing things as if they were the boss! The collaboration must be bilateral, both way. No only the laity is called to collaborate with the Salesians, but the Salesians are called to collaborate with the laity themselves. What always remains to the Salesians is that they become the reference point of the charism for the whole Salesian Family.

I believe strongly that once the results of the General chapter 28 are promulgated, for the sake of the creative fidelity, or, in other words, to be faithful to our Salesian charismatic identity in this historical moment, all Salesians will study themselves the mentality of the whole congregation, to discern the lines of actions, and implement those necessary changes for the benefit of our services. And together with other groups of Salesian Family, we go ahead in this direction.

3- In addition, in their respective area, each General Councillor is making great effort to find some way to animate his Sector or the Region entrusted to him. In this moment of very limited mobility, many of us appeal to the use of modern technology of communication. We use online communication to learn the issues of our Sector and Region and together with those responsible, we hope to come up with our six year plan, implementing the teaching of the GC28. I have learned from my experiences is that the contribution from the grass root, the local communities and each individual is very essential to the whole community at different levels.

On my part, I am still being in the Provincial House of Vietnam, starting my task of animation in these days, with attendance to provincial events like Provincial Day, Priestly Ordination, First or Perpetual Religious Professions, with visits to local communities in Vietnam, the Delegation of the North. I did participate and still participate in online meetings with various groups of our EAO regions as well as giving online conferences to others. I hope that once the Covid is over, as soon as possible, I pledge to come to all provinces and vice provinces which so far, I know only in documents or through some confreres I know in meetings or in classes in Paranaque. Please help me in such a way that as the link between the Rector Major, his Council and the provinces/vice provinces, I could convey to them your situation, issues, problems, challenges, contributions and solutions in the most accurate and proper way.

GOODNIGHT TALK OF FR. THINH PHUOC SDB - Youtube Video Clip

• ?
    vaclav 2020.08.06 19:42
    日本語訳〉
     会員の皆さん、サレジオ家族、友人の皆さん、

1-コロナウィルスのワクチンが開発される希望がいくらかありますが、それでもなお、すべての国で感染がいまだに広がっており、貧しい人や若者にとって、その人々や若者に奉仕する私たちの事業所にとっても、長期にわたる打撃となっています。良い市民、キリスト者として引き続き責任をもって生活しましょう。世界の歴史の今という特別な時に、感染症の広がりを抑えるために協力し、体と精神への、そして霊的な損害が少なくなるよう、共に働きましょう。共通善への責任の意識、さまざまなレベルで共同体がすこやかであるための共同体としての責任の意識を強めましょう。

2-総長とその評議会は、夏の会合(6月初めから7月10日にかけての)を終えました。第28回総会議員からゆだねられた務めの一つは、3番目のテーマを完成させることです。私は第28回総会の議員ではありませんでしたが、多くの皆さんと同様、この重要な行事を関心をもってフォローし、関連する文書を、また各地の管区会議による総会への提言のまとめを考察しました。特に、総会本会議に参加した最高評議員らから多く光をもらい、この本質的なテーマについて、サレジオ会の現状からも学ぶことができました。実際、第24回総会が開催された1996年以来、会全体の方向性はますます明確になっています:ドン・ボスコの精神、使命は、ドン・ボスコのサレジオ会員の独占物ではないと。貧しい若者により良く仕えるため、信徒は、この精神、使命を共にするよう呼ばれています。この方向性は今や、「決定的な」ものです。すなわち選択肢ではありません。しかし、考えにおいてしっかりと確認され、行動に、構造や組織においてさえも、表れなければなりません。総長の言葉を借りると、サレジオ会員はもはや、自分たちがボスであるかのような古い考え方ややり方に戻ることはできません! 協力は互恵的、双方向的でなければなりません。信徒がサレジオ会員に協力するよう呼ばれているだけでなく、サレジオ会員も信徒に協力するよう呼ばれているのです。常に変わることのないサレジオ会の役割は、全サレジオ家族のカリスマの拠りどころであることです。

私は強く信じています。第28回総会の結論が公布されたなら、創意工夫豊かな忠実さのために、あるいは言い換えれば、歴史上の今という時を生きながらサレジオのカリスマのアイデンティティーに忠実であるために、すべてのサレジオ会員は、行動の指針を識別し、私たちの活動の益とするべく必要な変革を実施に移すため、全会のメンタリティーを進んで学ぶでしょう。そして私たちは、サレジオ家族のほかのグループと共に、この方向に向かって進むのです。

3‐さらに、最高評議員はそれぞれの担当領域で、ゆだねられた部門あるいは地域を活気づける方法を見いだそうと、努力を注いでいます。移動が非常に制限されているこの時、私たちの多くは現代のコミュニケーション技術に頼っています。私たちはそれぞれの部門や地域の課題について知るため、オンライン・コミュニケーションを用い、責任を担う人々と共に、第28回総会の教えを実施に移しながら、6か年計画を作りたいと思っています。草の根の、支部共同体の、一人ひとりの貢献こそ、さまざまなレベルの共同体全体にとって不可欠であることを、私は経験から学びました。

私自身はと言えば、相変わらずベトナムの管区長館にいます。最近、活気づけの仕事を始めています。管区共同体の日、司祭叙階式、初誓願・終生誓願式などの管区行事への参加、ベトナムの支部共同体や北部の委任地区の訪問です。EAO地域のさまざまなグループとのオンラインミーティングに参加したり、オンラインで会議を行ったりしています。コロナウィルス禍が収束したならば、文書を通して、あるいは会議やパラニャケの授業で知り合った何人かの会員を通してしか知らないすべての管区、準管区を、できるだけ早く訪れることをお約束します。私が総長とその評議会と、管区・準管区との間の橋渡し役として、皆さんの状況、課題、問題、挑戦、貢献、解決策を、最大限、正確に、ふさわしく伝えることができるよう、皆さんの助けをどうぞよろしくお願いします。

EAO地域顧問 ヨセフ グェン・ティン・フォック神父, SDB

1. Sanctity depends on the fulfilment of one’s duties in joy

2. EVERYONE IS A MISSIONARY

3. Two interlocked ministries with one convergent goal

4. Monthly Talk of Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc SDB, EAO Regional

5. So much potential!

6. Salesians and Members of Salesian Family in Solidarity for Services in time of Difficulties

7. Nothing can stop us doing good things

8. Dream about Great Dreams

9. EAO Goodnights 2014-2020

10. Thank you very much!

11. Without the young we can't reach heaven?

12. Would you like to tell your story?

13. Thank you, Pope Francis for your visits within our region!

14. Don Bosco Green Alliance - Take Action now!

15. Would you like to become a Mission?

16. Vocation grows by attraction

17. Lord, send me out of my comfort zone!

18. How do you make known our Saints?

19. How do you invoke Salesian Saints?

20. Christ is Alive and wants you to be alive! - Easter 2019

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
/ 5