Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

Fr. Agustin Pacheco Pascua, SDB

image001.jpg

(ANS - Rome) - At dawn on Sunday 7 February, the death took place at the Puerta de Hierro Hospital in Madrid, of Fr Agustín Pacheco Pascua, SDB, Director of the DON BOSCO IN THE WORLD Foundation and previously Director of the Salesian Mission Office in Madrid.

"He died peacefully and serenely" according to a press release of the Salesians in Madrid. On the same day, Sunday 7 February, his remains were received at the chapel of the Mission Office in Madrid.  Today, Monday 8 February, the funeral was celebrated at the Shrine of Mary Help of Christians at Atocha, Madrid (11:30 am local time). Fr Ivo Coelho, Councillor General for Formation and Fr Tullio Orler, President of the DON BOSCO IN THE WORLD Foundation were present. The burial will take place at the cemetery of Carabanchel, Madrid.

He was remembered also at the Salesian Generalate with a memorial Mass this morning, Monday 8 February, at which the Vicar of the Rector Major, Fr Francesco Cereda, presided.

Fr Pacheco, was born on 8 October 1944 in Bilbao. He attended the Salesian novitiate at Mohernando, made his perpetual profession in Madrid in 1970, and was ordained priest in Salamanca in 1973. Before arriving at the Salesian Generalate in 2014, he spent his Salesian life in Madrid. In particular, from 2007 to 2014 he worked for the benefit of the Salesian missions around the world as Director of the Salesian Mission Office in Madrid.

Published 08/02/2016

Spanish Salesian, former Director of the Madrid Mission Office 

(Misiones Salesianas) until 2014, passed away in Madrid, Hospital Puerta de Hierro,

Spain on February 7, 2016. His funeral will be held on February 8, 2016 in the Salesian parish of Atocha at the center of Madrid.

With a great sorrow, admiration for a life completely dedicated to Jesus, Don Bosco and his mission! During past 8 years Fr. Agustin was close to me and I appreciate many times his loyalty, professional approach and Salesian spirit in his mission. Many Salesian provinces in the world did benefit from his service of Mission Office director, always close to the successor of Don Bosco. From Haiti to the Philippines (Cebu), from the PDO and Mission Office seminars publication care to the daily business of fundraising (especially fostering the modern IT approach in the fundraising and benefactors accompaniment,

he was always ready to help, advice and accompany, very good communicator.

Good Lord, accept our brother in your Light!

From Br. Jean Paul Muller

Dear colleagues and friends, after a lot of suffering and operations our confrere Agustin Pacheco turned back home to our Father in heaven to start his eternal life. He died after some interventions in the hospital of Madrid this night. The funeral would be held tomorrow in Spain. Thanks a lot for your prayer and to remember him as a very good Salesian, Friend and a men with clear visions to support young people all over the world.

From Br. Jess, PGS economer

I knew him well..from the time I was an student in Atocha and then when he was in Mission Office…Thanks for the news. We will pray for him

From one SDB Provincial....

His contributions to the missions thru the mission office is laudable. We shall pray for his soul.. May His soul rest in peace. I shall write to Nel Mondo and Madrid expressing our sentiments of sorrow. Regards.. Fr.

1. The hands of the Rector Major in Cambodia

2. A letter to the future, to year 2115!

3. The Rector Major with the Jarai youth

4. The Rector Major greets a boy with disability

5. Cambodia DB Children Fund

6. Tribute to Fr. Agustin Pacheco, RIP

7. Don Bosco Way Religious

8. Caritas - missionary send off for South Sudan

9. Mgr. Emile Destombes, former Bishop of Phnom Penh, died 80Ph

10. Salesian Postnovices promote Don Bosco's Love for the Eucharist | #BoscoBeyond

11. Salesian Youth Day Celebrated in Canlubang

12. Cebu Intl. Eucharistic Congress- Archbishop MC Thomas

13. Pope Francis Vocabulary (LDC publisher 2015)

14. Quinquennial Seminar for Priests and Brothers - FIN

15. Salesians join the Philippine Association of Religious Treasurers

16. Salesians big winners at the CMMA 2015

17. Skills training enables young people to earn their own livelihoods

18. Family Matters - FIN award

19. India-Rector Majors first visit

20. EAO- Salesian cooperators in action

Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
/ 7