by vaclav posted Feb 07, 2016
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

Rome, February 2-3, 2016

Former Vicar of the Mother General and missionary pioneer in the Papua New Guinea - Sr. Stella Ahn was commissioned for her new mission in South Sudan - Juba.

The moving Eucharist took place in the Caritas of Jesus Sisters general house in Rome. 

Sr. Stella offered herself with renewed consecration as a missionary (since 1994 she was already a missionary in PNG). After a solemn lunch all sister congratulated to her with a song of St. Teresa of Avila 'Nada te turbe' (Don't be afraid).

At the end Sr. Stella expressed her gratitude to Mother General and all sisters for this renewed trust in the missionary send off for South Sudan - Juba: "I would like to continue in my missionary journey, trusting the words of our Superior 'God has chosen because I'm small and He is me using as His instrument". She left the same night from Rome towards her African mission after midnight, early hours of 3rd February 2016.

We pray for the first African mission of Caritas Sisters, started in Juba, South Sudan, in 2011 with an international community of five missionaries from 3 different countries.

160203-01.jpg

Sr. Stella with her missionary crucifix

160203-05.jpg

Caritas of Jesus Sisters general house

160203-13.jpg

Present Vicar of the Mother General, Sr. Ignatia is accompanying Sr. Stella until the departure from Rome- Fiumicino airport of Leonardo da Vinci.