World

3783(V)_Two Vietnamese missionaries celebrate their perpetual profession with the Rector Major

by ceteratolle posted Oct 29, 2015
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

201510292_WOR.jpg

By Cl. Pedro Nguyen Huu Tien, SDB

Bogotá, Colombia, October 29, 2016 - During the pastoral visit of the Rector Major Fr. Ángel Fernandez Artime in Colombia among different events was a perpetual profession of 19 students from the international Theologate in Bogota. On October 26 in the Salesian community of Colegio León XIII the successor of Don Bosco presided the Eucharist with the Salesian family. During this Mass young Salesians from four provinces Interamerica Region: Bolivia (BOL), Ecuador (ECU), Colombia-Medellín (COM) and Colombia-Bogotá (COB).

Among the nineteen clerics were also two Vietnamese missionaries Cl. Peter Nguyen Huu Tien and Cl. Joseph Tran Bao Thang, both since 2011 missionaries in Perú (PER). Cl. Peter Huu shares his feeling: “During past 4 years I was living and working with the youth of the boarding house, in the school, in the Oratory and with the SYM youth groups. Now I feel happy and joyful with the young people and the lay mission partners as a missionary in my Salesian life. Now I’m studying theology in the second semester of the 1st year of theology at the Universidad Javeriana de Colombia with other brothers of our international community. Please, pray for us!”

Peter and Joseph are among the one hundred Salesian missionaries ad gentes from Vietnam, good number of them in different provinces of Latin America like Mexico, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia, Uruguay, Argentina and Brasile.

201510292_WOR1.jpg

201510292_WOR2.jpg

201510292_WOR3.jpg

201510292_WOR4.jpg

201510292_WOR5.jpg

201510292_WOR6.jpg

201510292_WOR7.jpg