Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20151017_WOR.jpg

By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB

Chinese missionary in Ghana.

Ashiman, Ghana, October 17, 2015 - There are many ways how to discern the missionary vocation ad gentes of a young Salesian. One of them is to spend one or two years of practical training in a mission land before the missionary vocation ad gentes (ad extra and for life) is confirmed by the superiors.

Cl. Anthony spent the first year of his practical training in his native Hong Kong (Salesian School - Shai Kei Wan), but his second year is already busy in Africa, Ghana in order to confirm his missionary call. Already two years ago he sent his missionary application to the Rector Major and as part of his discernment he is now for one school year in African province of English speaking (Anglophone) Western Africa (AFW), the province is composed of 4 countries (Ghana, Sierra Leon, Liberia and Nigeria), has about 180 SDB, grand majority of them native Africans.

"For me, I am here in Ghana already one month and 2 days. I am thankful that I am gradually adapting to the place, cultures and languages.Surely, there are some difficulties and challenges that I am facing, but those of these are so beautiful and encouraging me to move forward, I don't need to be afraid because God is always with me, Mama Mary is protecting me ...there is nothing to let me down....up to this moment, I think that the only thing which let me be afraid is I estrange from God. God is good all the time, He grant me bountiful grace for me to experience His presence everyday, most especially in the midst of children and young people.

I am assigned in a Child Protection Center as my daily apostolate. Those vulnerable children are abandoned. Some of them do not know where their home towns are, they do not know their families, they have no chance to go to school, they are forced to work outsides unwillingly.... many problems and unfair situations that they are facing everyday. What the poor and pity children. I am here to accompanying them everyday . To play, to study and to Pray. I see Jesus in each one of their faces, they are all beautiful and really the God's children. They should not be treated like this...... My heart is melting in the Love of God, and He is always asking me to share His Love to the children. I think that nothing is greater than His Love, I need to be His useless tool to share His Love with the children here.

Please continue to pray for me, especially my Missionary vocation. Surely, you are always in my prayers. Viva Don Bosco! In Christ, Po Tak, Anthony"

20151017_WOR1.jpg

20151017_WOR2.jpg

20151017_WOR3.jpg