austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20210903_PAC-(1).jpg

By Cl. Peter Duc Nguyen, SDB

Suva, Fiji Islands, 3 September 2021 –- On Wednesday 1 September 2021, the Don Bosco community was glad to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Profession of Fr James Kyaw Hoe SDB. The celebration was very meaningful and warm in the family spirit.

Due to the influence of Covid-19, the celebration was attended only by community members: Fr. Mika, Br. Michael, Br. Antonio, Br. Peter Vu, Br. Afia, and Br Peter Duc.

Fr. James gave a beautiful homily in the Mass. He said that there were many things he learned in the Novitiate, but three that had a profound influence on his life as a Salesian:

1.  The first one is the responsibility of our own vocation: “Each Salesian accepts responsibility for his own formation” according to article 99 of our Constitution.
  2.  The second is about Obedience. He said Don Bosco’s own words come to mind whenever he was given a challenging appointment -“This also I must tell you, from the day you choose to do your own will and not act obediently, you will begin to feel discontented with your life… and community life is a burden, it will be seen on the close observation that this springs from the want of obedience…”. He learned this lesson the hard way.
  3. The last one is about love. He remembers when he was in the Novitiate, one of his formators shared with his class: “Remember that to be a religious means to be crucified with Jesus. The vows will nail us to the cross, and the heart will be pierced too because nothing about religious life will make sense without love.” The message continues to have a deep impact on his life as a Salesian priest.

Fr. James made his first Profession in Newton, New Jersey, USA on 1 September 1971. After Practical Training, he transferred to Australia to be closer to his family and began his studies in theology. He was ordained a Salesian priest in 1980. Fr. James has been working tirelessly in the Salesian mission as a missionary in the Pacific. He spent 12 years (1984 - 1996) dedicating his youth and enthusiasm to the Salesian mission in Samoa. From 2009 until now, with the same enthusiasm, he has worked as an educator at the community house and a Biblical professor at the Pacific Regional Seminary, in Suva, Fiji Islands.

Fifty years in the Congregation is a long journey and Fr. James certainly had to face a hard time too on his journey. Congratulations and sincere thanks to Fr James for everything he has been doing for the Congregation, particularly the Salesian mission in the Pacific. We continue to pray for him and may Mary Help of Christians and Don Bosco always accompany him in his journey as a son of Don Bosco.

20210903_PAC-(2).jpg

20210903_PAC-(3).jpg

20210903_PAC-(4).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • myathein35 2022.05.29 08:35

Cogtratulations Fr. James - I vividly remember your ordination in Sydney, and my aged Buddhist Mum coming to you twice for your Blessing at your First Mass.  We love and respect.  Please pray for all of us.  Safe safe, well and look after yourself.  Lizzie

1. 5688(I)_Don Bosco Can Gio - Silent But Powerful

By Augustine DoPhuc SDB Saigon, Vietnam, 7 September 2021 -- Located in the periphery of Saigon - Viet Nam, the small parish of Don Bosco Can Gio is still quietly making efforts to accompany the people with food support, despite geographica...
    Date2021.09.07 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1324 file
    Read More
  2. 5687(II)_The Blue Prophets of Don Bosco Tam Hai Parish

They are like restless waves, bringing love to every alley, every remote hamlet By Augustine DoPhuc SDB Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, 6 September 2021 -- During the time of strict isolation due to the epidemic, Don Bosco Tam Hai parish continu...
    Date2021.09.06 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1871 file
    Read More
  3. 5687(I)_75 years of Don Bosco in Timor Leste (1946-2021)

By Fr Jolino Vieira, SDB Dili - Timor Leste, 4 September 2021 -- Bishop Carlos Ximenes Filipe Belo (Bishop Emeritus of the Diocese of Dili) has written a book to be launched on 22 September in Portugal. This book is written to celebrate the...
    Date2021.09.06 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views721 file
    Read More
  4. 5686(III)_A Visually-Impaired Salesian Past Pupil At The Paralympic Games 2020

From Impairedness to Greatness By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 3 September 2021 --In the Tokyo Paralympic Games 2020, from 24 August to 5 September 2021, the army of 77 physically-challenged sportsmen from Thailand joined this special event. T...
    Date2021.09.03 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1134 file
    Read More
  5. 5686(II)_The Salesians of Don Bosco Xuân Hiệp Support For The Needy During the Pandemic

By Augustine DoPhuc SDB Xuân Hiệp, Vietnam, 3 September 2021 -- During the epidemic, with the support of benefactors, the Salesians of Don Bosco Xuan Hiep community (Thu Duc, Ho Chi Minh City) had several rounds of food and water supp...
    Date2021.09.03 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1114 file
    Read More
  6. 5686(I)_The Golden Jubilee of Profession of Fr. James Kyaw Hoe, SDB

By Cl. Peter Duc Nguyen, SDB Suva, Fiji Islands, 3 September 2021 –- On Wednesday 1 September 2021, the Don Bosco community was glad to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Profession of Fr James Kyaw Hoe SDB. The celebration was ver...
    Date2021.09.03 CategoryPac. Reply1 Views1157 file
    Read More
  7. 5685(II)_Young people gather for Wantok Bosco Camp

By Sr. Claudia Aragon FMA Tetere, Solomon Islands -- About 400 youths gathered at the Don Bosco Rural Training Centre, Tetere, from 27-29 August, 2021 for the annual Wantok Bosco Camp that had as its theme, ‘Don Bosco Youths; Holy, Fo...
    Date2021.09.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views697 file
    Read More
  8. 5685(I)_“Into Your hands, O Lord, I entrust my soul”

Father Lagger Germain, SDB, RIP By VIE SC VIE, 2 September 2021 -- With heartfelt gratitude to one of the great Salesian missionaries in Vietnam before the year 1975, the Salesian Province of Vietnam announces: Father Lagger Germain, SDB (V...
    Date2021.09.02 CategoryVIE Reply1 Views2236 file
    Read More
  9. 5684_The Heart Never Sleeps

By Augustine DoPhuc SDB Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, 01 September 2021 -- During the strictest blockade due to the pandemic (from August 23 to now), the parish priest and parishioners of Don Bosco Xuan Hiep parish continued to make efforts to...
    Date2021.09.01 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1322 file
    Read More
  10. 5683(IV)_If the young cannot come to Don Bosco, Don Bosco will go to the young

By Afia Enosa, SDB Don Bosco House, Nakosi, Fiji, 31 August 2021 -- There was a lot of excitement and shouts of joy when Br. Minh Duc, Br. Anh Vu and Br. Afi’a Enosa paid a brief pastoral visit to the young people and their families i...
    Date2021.08.31 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views793 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 533 Next
/ 533