Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 881 Comment 0

20180803_THA.jpg

Interview with Bro. Carlo Bacalla, SDB

By Our Own Correspondent

Vientiane, Laos, 2 August 2018 -- Don Bosco Vocation Training Center and Running for Charity: Brother Carlo originally from the FIS province (Philippines South) was for 13 years a missionary in Western Africa (AFW province) and now for past five years is a member of the first SDB community in Laos - Vientiane: Don Bosco Vocation Training Center (THA province).

What makes you joyful as Salesian Brother?

Two experiences make me happy: The thought that I am helping to make a better world by preparing these young people that come to our Training Center to become good and productive citizens of their country. The fact that I can spend my Sunday morning doing the thing that I love- the Spirituality of SPORTS! No duty to celebrate Sunday Masses!

What do you treasure most of your missionary life in the Africa or/ and in Laos?

In Africa, the experience of seeing so much poverty and misery but God was always there. The Adventure of living a life of fear and readiness to die. My 13 years in Africa have taught me the best lessons in life!

In Laos, the experience of having shared my life, gifts, and talents to the young people and friends. My passion for Running has brought me closer to the Lao people and to my Creator. I learned so much about the Lao people on the road with my running shoes on!

What did you learn from the youth of Laos?

Honestly, PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE AND PATIENCE…

What does sustain your Salesian vocation?

My prayer life and the belief that I am doing something good for humanity. I can connect and commune myself easily with the Divine when running in the trail surrounded by nature.

Human imperfections ABOUND in the communities I lived. Frustrations and disappointments in the apostolate are real. How I survived so far? I believe that the solid initial formation I received has kept me going until now. Sports have been a good outlet in difficult moments.

As first community member in a new mission country (=with no local vocation until now), what is your contribution to the vocation culture or promotion in Laos?

It’s the life of WITNESSING. The difficulty in expressing myself in the language of the ears is more understood through the language of the eyes, and more felt through the language of the heart that is sensitive to all the good things I do.

Related article

20180803_THA1.jpg

20180803_THA2.jpg

20180803_THA3.jpg

20180803_THA4.jpg

20180803_THA5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4806(II)_Salesian Brothers at the service of the Rector Major

EAO Salesian Brothers at Sacro Cuore, General House 2018 By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 2 August 2018 -- Before the 7th Salesian Brother Congress many EAO Brothers have been asking about the Salesian Brothers role and task in the General Hou...
    Date2018.08.03 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views979 file
    Read More
  2. 4806(I)_Learning patience on the roads of Laos

Interview with Bro. Carlo Bacalla, SDB By Our Own Correspondent Vientiane, Laos, 2 August 2018 -- Don Bosco Vocation Training Center and Running for Charity: Brother Carlo originally from the FIS province (Philippines South) was for 13 year...
    Date2018.08.03 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views881 file
    Read More
  3. 4805(IV)_First year in the new Malaysia mission

The gift of being welcomed in the Malaysia Catholic community By Our Own Correspondent Kuching, Malaysia, 1 August 2018 -- Three short days (July 28-31) of the first animation visit to the new community of Kuching was not full of rich shari...
    Date2018.08.02 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views975 file
    Read More
  4. 4805(III)_“I love to get in contact with the children and youths”

Interview with Bro. Reto Wanner, SDB By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 1 Agust 2018 -- Bro. Reto Wanner sdb was born on June 10, 1972. He belonged to the Evangelical Protestant Church, Ulrich Zwingli. Drawn to serve, he opted t...
    Date2018.08.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views721 file
    Read More
  5. 4805(II)_Japan Federation of Don Bosco Alumni prepares for the 2020 Regional Congress

Animation visit of DB Alumni World Councilors in Japan 2018 By Mr. Alberto Piedade, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 31 Juliy 2018 -- From the Philippines (FIN and FIS) visit, the councilors of World Confederation, Mr. Alberto Piedade and Mr. Angel Gudiñ...
    Date2018.08.02 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1337 file
    Read More
  6. 4805(I)_“Enjoy Life”

Summer camps in Vietnam, Cat Đam and Hoa An By Minh Tam, SDB and Tri Dung, SDB Cat Đam, Vietnam, 25 July 2018 -- The purpose was how to help the young to live the biblical atmosphere, and to relive the stories in the Bible in real joyful li...
    Date2018.08.02 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1379 file
    Read More
  7. 4804(II)_"With your prayers we are growing more mature Salesians!"

Perpetual profession of two EAO missionaries in Brazil By Cl. Beatus Volkmar Tola and Cl. Joseph Tran Van Lich, SDB Campo Grande, Brazil, 30 July 2018 -- Yesterday on July 30, three of us, Cl. Beatus Volkmar Tola with Cl Joseph Tran Van Lic...
    Date2018.08.01 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views7758 file
    Read More
  8. 4804(I)_“My soul proclaims the goodness of the Lord”

Eleven new priests of Don Bosco Vietnam By Hải Văn, SDB Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 28 July 2018 - The Salesian Province in VietNam were deeply grateful to the Lord because of 11 new salesian priests as gifts from His immense bounty. The ordination...
    Date2018.08.01 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1862 file
    Read More
  9. 4803_Chofu Salesian Cooperators animated by Manila 'Boscorale' choir

Filipino 'BOSCORALE' tour in Tokyo with Salesian Cooperators By Mr Mamoru Umemura, ASC Tokyo, Japan, 29 July 2018 -- During last few days the Chorus group "Boscorale" have been staying at SDB formation house in Chofu to attend "Tokyo Intern...
    Date2018.07.31 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1166 file
    Read More
  10. 4802_Amazing way!

The way empowering for the young of SYM By Gia Thi, SDB Ben Cat, Vietnam, 20 July 2018 -- In the morning of July 20, 2018, at Salesian Ben Cat community the amazing way group began their long journey to different provinces and cities. This ...
    Date2018.07.30 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1469 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 535 Next
/ 535