PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20180704_THA.jpg

Interview with Bro. John Thanad

By Our Own Correspondent

Bangkok, Thailand, 3 July 2018 -- My life model is Saint Joseph:

What makes you joyful as Salesian Brother?

God has called me to be a Salesian Brother of Don Bosco. I am confident that He has appointed me to serve the young people especially the poor ones. So my happiness and joyfulness come from God through Don Bosco's mission.

Who is your Salesian Brother model?

For me, Saint Joseph is my model. He was humble, gentle, patient and smart. Even he was a man of few words, but he worked hard for God's plan. I am sure that his characters could be the identity of the Salesian Brothers.

What is the specific contribution of the Salesian Brother to our mission?

I think the specific contribution of the Salesian Brother to our mission is the consecrated life (consecrated person). His life surrenders to God and being committed to His plans.

How to make the vocation of Salesian Brother more visible in the Thai Church or Salesian Family?

To make the vocation of the Salesian brother more visible in the Thai Church, I think two factors are needed. First to promote and to talk about the Salesian Brother vocation in the local church and in the Salesian Family on the special occasions. Second to assign the Salesian Brother in our Educative and Pastoral communities.

What does sustain your vocation?

I would like to say that God's love, the accompaniment of Mary, Don Bosco's spirit and Salesians’ brotherhood would sustain and encourage me to be faithful to the Salesian Brother vocation.

What do you treasure from the previous EAO 2013 Hua Hin Congress as the organizer?

My great experiences from EAO 2013 Hua Hin Congress are the growth of the Salesian Brother vocations in our region and also the care, promotion and understanding of the Superiors at the Congregation level.

Any expectations from the 2018 EAO Salesian Brothers Congress?

My three expectations from the 2018 EAO Salesian Brothers Congress are: first to be proud of the Salesian Brother vocation, second to have more appreciation in the Salesian Brother vocation, and to make the Salesian Brother vocation known in the Church and also in the Salesian Family.

20180704_THA1.jpg

20180704_THA2.jpg

20180704_THA3.jpg

20180704_THA4.jpg