Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20180126_WOR.jpg

A Workshop of the Holy Spirit - Valdocco

By Our Own Correspondent

Turin, Italy, 26 January 2018 -- Why are we called 'Salesians'? The DNA of our Congregations is multi-facet, however there is one special date recorded by the first group of potential Salesians:

"On the evening of 26th January 1854 Rochietti, Otiglia, Cagliero, Rua and I met in the Don Boscos’ room. From that evening on the name ‘Salesians’ was given to those who took part and follow this code. (of loving the neighbour with the help of God and of St. Francis de Sales)..."

And the 7 minutes video (ed. 2000) available at Valdocco in the Rooms of Don Bosco, with the text of Fr. Aldo Giraudo starts from this historical moment of January 26, 1854 and presents the heart of Don Bosco spirituality and mission:

“Go out into the whole world and proclaim the Good News to everyone!”

“I have always done, what I could, how much more remains to be done. My sons will see to the rest!”

“Give me souls, take away the rest.”

“Give your soul completely to God, give your soul completely to God, with your reflections, bones, physical energies..."

Good opportunity to watch together in our communities, different settings or Salesian Family groups this video during the Novena of Don Bosco: Video "Workshop of the Holy Spirit - Valdocco'.

Resources:

20180126_WOR1.jpg

20180126_WOR2.jpg

20180126_WOR3.jpg