Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20170901_PGS.jpg

Vocation Story of Pre-novice Paul Paiara

By Asp. Paul Paiara

Port Moresby, PNG, 1 September 2017 -- I was really inspired by the good works of many Salesian priests and brothers who worked tirelessly in the Parish and the school.

I was born into a catholic family hailing from Apiope Village, Baimuru District in Gulf Province. I’m the fifth among 8 siblings made up of three sisters and five brothers.

My vocation story began when I entered the Salesian environment. In 2001, at the age of 12, I was accepted to St. Anne Catholic Primary School, Lariau Ihu District in Gulf. I had in mind to finish my studies and move on. I was struck by the family atmosphere and joy at this school, run by the Salesians of Don Bosco. “This is what I want for myself,” I said.

As the years passed by, I started observing the Salesians closely. They accepted me to help them. I was inspired by the good works of many Salesian priests and brothers who worked tirelessly in the Parish and the school. I was then initiated, accompanied and finally baptized Fr. Heraldo Bosques SDB, the parish priest.

Being weak in studies I was sent me to Don Bosco Technical Institute, Chimbu were I upgraded my marks. I then completed Grade 11 and 12 at Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu. I then joined the Savio Haus as an aspirant and completed my Bachelor degree in Education-Technology, in the Don Bosco Technological Institution, Boroko, Port Moresby. Those four years were wonderful year of vocation discernment and accompaniment. I have a strong desire to be a Salesian. I commit myself to work tirelessly as the Salesian priests I have encountered.

20170901_PGS1.jpg

20170901_PGS2.jpg

20170901_PGS3.jpg

20170901_PGS4.jpg