When did you fall in love with Jesus? - Initial Proclamation of Jesus Christ

by vaclav posted Aug 29, 2017
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

EAO Good Night Talk (42)                                                                  

Seoul – South Korea

September 1, 2017

When did you fall in love with Jesus?

Dear Friends and Salesian Family members!

Six weeks ago we concluded in Rome the summer session of the General Council. After beautiful moments with the Salesians, Salesian Family members and the Youth in Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, Thailand, Cambodia and in the Philippines, I’m now in Korea for the extraordinary visitation until the end of October.

Few days ago we held in Sam Phran, Thailand one large meeting with 80 Salesians and FMA Sisters from 23 provinces of Asia and Oceania, about the ‘Initial Proclamation of Jesus and Salesian Mission’. According many participants this seminar was indeed a time of spiritual retreat, deep awareness and life transforming experience. More than 24 Salesians from the EAO region (including two provincials) were energized and motivated to change their life style.

During that Seminar I was asking many times: How are our youngsters attracted to Jesus?  How can we help them to stir their interest in the person of Jesus? Or when was the first moment in my life to fall in love with Jesus? I must recognize moments of personal attraction when reading the Gospel stories, when encountering attractive Saint like Mother Theresa, Father Cimatti or Nino Baglieri, CDB. I confess that encounter with my first Salesian confessor and Cafasso-like spiritual guide was one of those grace filled moments that helped me to follow my Salesian and missionary vocation.

Only when we give due time to the prayerful reading of God’s Word (Lectio divina) and start to share our own story with Jesus, we are able to stir up attraction in His person. The first disciples in Galilee were invited by Jesus: Come and see! Until our days we can trace a long chain of human mediation when also each one of us was invited by through somebody to hear His voice: ‘Come and see!’ I wish you can access some simple video-clip about the Initial proclamation of Jesus or to give some time to this Seminar material reading. We know that our faith is growing when we share with others…

Here in Korea we celebrate September as the Martyr’s Month. I entrust each one of us to their intercession, that each member of the Salesian Family in the EAO region would bring fruits of his/ her own loving relationship with Jesus Christ!

In Don Bosco

Fr. Václav Klement, SDB

EAO Regional councillorJesus-EAO meditation.jpg