by vaclav posted Nov 30, 2016
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

No Attached Image

EAO Good Night Talk (33)                                                                  

December 1, 2016

Do you believe in the Salesian Family?

Dear friends and confreres,

We are starting the last month of this year. For coming few weeks I hope to enjoy again a regular life in the General house. After many months of travelling, meeting and listening to many Salesians, Salesian family members and Young I have again a good chance to pray, reflect, write and share with calm in my office. Almost incredible time!

Looking back I give thanks for many fruitful meetings with many of you during our EAO regional meetings. Especially recent 3 day Formation session for EAO Salesian Family delegates (Seoul, K’Long, Cebu) was for me personally very strong charismatic experience. I’m happy that more than 150 members of 10 different Salesian Family groups from all 11 EAO provinces experienced personally the rich gift of Don Bosco’s spiritual and apostolic family! Personal presence of six EAO SDB provincials was the best witness of our interest and deep commitment for the Sal. Family!

Do you believe in the Salesian Family? It’s not just about answer a joyful ‘Yes’!  Thanks for the animating presence of Fr Eusebio Muñoz (Delegate of the Rector Major for the Salesian Family) and his team (Secretariat for the SF)! Thanks for the very Salesian input from Ms. Olga (VDB World President), Mr Philip (EAO regional councilor of the Salesian Cooperators), Mr Wichai (former EAO regional councilor of the Salesian Cooperators) and Mrs Noemi (World Coordinator of ASC)!  

Together we discovered that our Salesian vocation can’t be lived without mutual enrichment of priests, consecrated people and lay people. ‘Without you we are not ourselves!’ [Salesian Family Charter of Charismatic Identity, art. 10] It does mean that without the FMA, without the Salesian Cooperators or Don Bosco Alumni we are not true Salesians of Don Bosco!

For the 150 participants of the three Salesian Family Delegate formation it was a deep insight into the Salesian Charism. We wish that all 1500 SDB in 22 countries of the EAO and thousands of members of 15 groups present in our Region may appreciate this great gift and responsibility for the growth of Don Bosco Salesian Family! Life witness of 500.000 Sal. Family members sharing the same Vocation in 31 different Salesian Family groups is our best contribution to the mission of the Universal Church and the salvation of the Young!

I wish you a good Advent journey towards the Christmas Feast! May the Holy Family of Nazareth help us to deepen our belief in the Youth, in the Family as well our deeper conviction about the importance of the Salesian family in our daily life!

Fr. Václav Klement, SDB

EAO Regional councillor

for download:

EAO-GNT-2016 (33) December ENG.pdf

for download Salesian Family Identity Charter:

EAO-SF 3 SF Charismatic Identity Charter ed. 2012 ITA.docx

for download Salesian Family Creed

EAO-SF 51 The Salesian Family Creed.docx