Year of Mercy - Fruits to Harvest?

by vaclav posted Jul 04, 2016
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

EAO Good Night Talk (28)                                                                  

July 1, 2016

Year of Mercy – what fruits do we harvest?

Dear friends and confreres,

The Year of Mercy entered already its second half, most of us have already passed through the Holy Door in our diocese cathedral or in some important shrine. Many were surprised with the creativity of Gizo (Solomon Islands) bishop to bring by boat the Holy Door even to the remote islands.  Now we can ask: What are the fruits of this Jubilee?

One month ago I have returned again to Rome again and was able to pray already three times in the Vatican Basilica of Saint Peters. Every time when I’m passing through the Jubilee Year Holy Door I’m touched by very suggestive image of Jesus washing the feet of Peter and other disciples (John13 - photo). And Jesus keeps on inviting us: ‘You also must wash one another’s feet. I have given you an example…” During our present joint spiritual retreat (SDB + FMA general councils), I ponder again on this deep invitation of Pope Francis: “I invite all Christians, everywhere, at this very moment to a renewed personal encounter with Jesus Christ… I ask all of you to do this unfailingly each day. Now is the time to say to Jesus: ‘Lord… I need you. Save me once again. Lord, take me once more into your redeeming embrace!” Apostolic Exhortation ‘The Joy of the Gospel’

How I wish all of us will always be firmly rooted in the conviction, that it is God who takes always the first initiative: ‘He has loved us first’ - and our whole life is just a reply to his boundless Mercy! Indeed our God is kneeling in front of each of us!

I wish you a fruitful month of July! For many of us it will be a busy summer time, full of youth pastoral activities, for few of us it will be also a participation in the World Youth Day 2016 in Krakow and still for some a good chance for conversion in the retreat.

In Don Bosco

Fr. Václav Klement, SDB

EAO Regional councillor

FOR DOWNLOAD: EAO-GNT-2016 (28) July ENG Year of Mercy-Fruits.doc