austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160613_EAO.jpg

By Our Own Correspondent

Rome, Italy, 13 June 2016 -- As every last Sunday of September, also this year the Congregation is preparing the 147th expedition that will be celebrated on September 25th in the Mary Help of Christians Basilica at Valdocco, Turin.

Among the 21 missionary candidates there are 7 EAO confreres: 3 from ITM Viceprovince, one from FIN and 3 from VIE. While being the most generous missionary Region, the EAO is happy to receive one Mexican Salesian priest for the FIS-Pakistan delegation, one Salesian cleric from Nigeria for the CIN province and one Swiss Salesian Brother for the PGS viceprovince.

One of the EAO 147th expedition member shares his feeling after receiving his destination: "Don Bosco sent his first missionaries to South America. This morning, I received the beautiful news from the Rector Major, Fr. Angel Fernandez, SDB, regarding my Missionary Ad Gentes destination in the southern cone. I will soon transfer to the mission territories of the Brazil - BMA (Manaus Province) in the North East of Brazil. Please pray for me so that I may prepare myself well and later on that I may immerse and give myself totally for the young in this new role the Lord has given me to play." (Br. Jomar Castillo, FIN)

The Salesian missionary vocation ad gentes is 'a call within the call', sometimes the discernment takes longer time. The first CIN missionary in Africa (agreement between CIN-AFW provinces) Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak is now doing his 3rd year of practical training in Sierra Leon, where he met his 'colleague' - Nigerian missionary Cl. Nicholas. Anthony shared his feeling (photo): 'The one who is next to me is Cl Nicholas from Nigeria, he has been in Sierra Leone for his first year of practical training, also for his experience of missionary life. Now he received from the Rector Major on June 11th e-mail with his destination to CIN province. And I am the first one to welcome him to China!" Really the missionary are a precious bridge of communion among with the world wide Salesian community.

The good example and life witness of happy and committed young missionaries (like Fr. Enio from ITM, now working in the Amazon forest of Ecuador - photo) is the best missionary animation and motivation.

Let us continue to pray for many more generous Salesians in the EAO, who are ready to leave their comfort zone, to be sent to the most needed destinations around the Salesian world!

20160613_EAO1.jpg

20160613_EAO2.jpg

20160613_EAO3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4035(I)_Understanding Science at Don Bosco Technical School

By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 14 June 2016 -- Learning does not only take place within the four walls of a classroom. Students learn greatly if they are given an opportunity to interact with each other, work tog...
    Date2016.06.18 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1747 file
    Read More
  2. 4034_A first Pakistani Salesian Priest

Vocation Story of Fr. Noble Lal, SDB By Fr. Noble Lal, SDB Lahore, Pakistan, 18 June 2016 -- ‘Lord you know everything you know that I love you’ I was born in Chak No, 36 S.B. Sargodha. A city is situated in the province of Punjab. My Fathe...
    Date2016.06.18 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1642 file
    Read More
  3. 4033_'Brother Provincial' remembered

Thanks for shining model of Salesian Brother By Our Own Correspondent Kwangju, Korea, 17 June 2016 -- Ten years ago (June 17, 2006) passed away in Seoul, Korea on 17th June 2006 an exceptional Salesian, Br. Thaddeus Oh Hyon Gyo. He was 67 y...
    Date2016.06.18 CategoryKOR Reply1 Views1222 file
    Read More
  4. 4032_Little Don Bosco of China

The cause of Fr Carlo Braga is moving slowly ahead By Fr Lanfranco Fedrigotti, SDB Hong Kong, 16 June 2016 -- The Cause of Beatification of Fr Carlo Braga, the “little Don Bosco of China”, has taken a little step forward in the last few day...
    Date2016.06.17 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1122 file
    Read More
  5. 4031_Opening of DBCS Academic Year

DBCS Theological-Pastoral Community Begins the Academic Year with the Mass of the Holy Spirit By Cl. Juvelan Paul N. Samia, SDB Photos by Cl. April Jerome Quinto, SDB Parañaque City, The Philippines, 10 June 2016 –- The Institute of Theolog...
    Date2016.06.15 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1458 file
    Read More
  6. 4030(II)_A Vast Field Awaiting the Salesians

Ministry to Children of Migrants By Fr Alfred Maravilla, SDB Rome, Italy, 15 June 2016 -- When I was sent to Rome for my Doctorate studies in 2007 I was invited to minister to Filipino migrants in the Parish of Santissimo Redentore at Val M...
    Date2016.06.15 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views926 file
    Read More
  7. 4030(I)_Fr Pepe Reinoso’s Homecoming

By Cl. Juvelan Paul N. Samia, SDB Parañaque City, The Philippines, 10 June 2016 –- A great news for us! After staying away from the Seminaryo ng Don Bosco for more than two years now due his debilitating collapse and illness, Fr Jose “Pepe”...
    Date2016.06.15 CategoryFIN Reply2 Views1649 file
    Read More
  8. 4029_The First Pioneer of the Mongolian mission returns to Mongolia

By Fr Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 14 June 2016 -- Fr. Carlo Maria Savio De Ocampo Villegas, SDB the pioneer of the Mongolian mission returned back to Mongolia after obtaining Summa cum Laude in Salesian spirituality las...
    Date2016.06.14 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1098 file
    Read More
  9. 4028(III)_Preparing for the 147th Salesian Missionary Expedition 2016

By Our Own Correspondent Rome, Italy, 13 June 2016 -- As every last Sunday of September, also this year the Congregation is preparing the 147th expedition that will be celebrated on September 25th in the Mary Help of Christians Basilica at ...
    Date2016.06.13 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views1304 file
    Read More
  10. 4028(II)_Celebrating Blessed Stephen Sandor in Our Community

By Bro. Bosco Ekka, SDB Parañaque, The Philippines, 8 June 2016 -- The solemn feast of Blessed Stephen Sandor, a Salesian brother and martyr for the faith, was celebrated on June 8, 2016 in the Salesian Brothers’ Formation House the Blessed...
    Date2016.06.13 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1211 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... 533 Next
/ 533