Practical trainees accompaniment
Fr Ivo Coelho (2019) and Fr Francesco Cereda (2010)
'What helps you in your vocation growth during practical training?'
- Accompaniment by my rector
- Community aspect is the first strength in our life, quality of the accompanying Salesians. Does not matter really the numbers of our community, but if my confreres listen to you!
- Prayer and trust given by my community, in spite of my mistakes, I'm still given trust to be creative
- Regularity in 'rendiconto' and spiritual direction, sacrament of reconciliation
- Join practical trainees seminar with confreres from other provinces
- Live and work with lay mission partners
If you become provincial,
how would you arrange more formative experience during practical training?'
- I'm very grateful to be here for 5 days, since in our province we have only 2 hours session twice a year
- Joint meeting brings a different view point, input. At home I listen only to one voice, of the rector
- Arrange the help to discern missionary vocation through exchange of other provinces/ delegations
- Provincial plan for the practical trainees – what is expected from us, or concrete local community plan
- Our rectors would assume that we are OK, but we expect at least once a month spiritual direction and since we are always busy and the whole month we don’t see our confessor: guarantee monthly recharging
- Regular rendiconto during the practical trainee meeting (3 times a year), with our provincial present
- Minimum of two practical trainees in one community, it would lessen our stress and burden (survival)
- Care for each confrere in practical training. Usually the perpetually professed confreres think we are already perfect, we are capable … and not allowed to commit mistakes
- Assign practical trainees as groups, never single trainee in one community alone
- One day for reflection and recollection at least every month (Ratio requires reflection during pract.training)
- Seminars for the rector (seminar for parenting), not all the rectors know, how to accompany us!
- Joint formation of rectors and practical trainees, since we need to bridge the age gap
- High time to promote the missionary vocations – we should be more immersed in other cultures
- Give a chance for practical skills - coaching
This joint formation session is part of the 3 annual formation sessions for the practical trainees between the two Filipino provinces. We congratulate the formators and give thanks to all resource persons who made this refreshing experience possible.