?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180918_THA.jpg

Interview with Laos - Vientiane Don Bosco VTC student

By Fr. Patricio Maccioni, SDB

Vietnaine, Laos, 17 September 2018 -- Mr. Kasanya is a young energetic and determined man, 23 years old, sixth in a family of 8 siblings (four sisters and four brothers) born in a small village some 700 km far from the Laos capital of Vientiane. He isone of the 143 Don Bosco students and 62 boarders, who are living together with a small SDB community, Rector Fr. Patrick Maccioni.

Can you tell us about your family background?

My father is a retired medical doctor, who did his studies in Vietnam, now lives at home. And my mother is a farmer in a small village in Northern province of Laos, close to the Vietnam boarder.

How was your life before coming to Vietniane - Don Bosco?

My schooling was simple unifinished senior high school. Due to the family situation (lived in a small rented house since 12 years of age) close to the school, ended the high school without a diploma. My favourite subject was a Laos history, I used to write a lot and read history books. During my free time i like to play guitar, as self-learner I continue to play also here in Don Bosco.

How did you know Don Bosco Youth Vocation Training Center?

My elder brother studied in Don Bosco in 2010 with a diploma, he introduced me Vientiane VTC. I have chosen the automechanic deparment. Before coming here I have worked already in automechanic shop for two years in the far South province, Champasak. As a poor person was looking for some possible job.

How do you feel here in Don Bosco?

I'm happy and satisfied, I love to be in Don Bosco, since the whole group of trainees makes a family environment. This atmosphere is conducive for our growth and help to get some skills needed in my future life.

And your future life dreams?

After graduation I try to find work, earn money and start own life. I would prefer to start in the South, Pakse, since there is more work than in the North and also the weather is not very cold. In my homeplace (Northern Laos) there are even now few cars and very few job opportunities. My dream is to live a simpel life with my future wife and three children. I would like to succeed to earn enough for the life of my future family. I have no expectation to become rich, I would like live just as ordinary citizen and help a good education of my children.

And you dream about Don Bosco Vientiane?

Yes, I would love see here more updated equipment in the workshop, some new car models! Our country is developing very fast! And I would like to see many more young people coming here to pursue their dreams, to have a self-sufficient family!

Video about Vientiane Don Bosco Youth Vocation Training Center

Related news article

20180918_THA1.jpg

20180918_THA2.jpg

20180918_THA3.jpg

20180918_THA4.jpg

20180918_THA5.jpg

20180918_THA6.jpg

20180918_THA7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6295_KOR's Salesian Summer School of Faith to Resume

By Soccom Korea Daejeon, Korea, 12 February 2024 -- The Salesian Summer School of Faith, which has provided profound faith experiences and unforgettable memories for middle and high school students in each parish, will resume in the summer ...
    Date2024.02.13 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views85 file
    Read More
  2. 6294_Salesian Youth Build A Weirs To Slow Down Water

Caring for our common home By THA SC Hatyai, Thailand, 13 February 2024 -- 2 February 2024, 53 Mathayom 1 students (Grade 7) in the SME program of Saengthong Vitthaya School (Salesian) and Thidanukroh School (Salesian Sisters) Songkhla Prov...
    Date2024.02.13 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views316 file
    Read More
  3. 6293_First profession of Caritas Sisters of Jesus in Africa - Uganda

By Sr. Gloria Kim, CSJ, Uganda Kampala, Uganda, 7 February 2024 -- A truly historic moment for the 14th Group of the Salesian Family, Caritas Sisters of Jesus, was the first profession of their first African members in Namugongo formation h...
    Date2024.02.07 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views93 file
    Read More
  4. 6292_FIS - Voices for Mary

By Jazel Obineta-Bautista ArchSOLL, Cebu City, the Philippines, 7 February 2024 -- The night of 4 February 2024 was filled with music and songs in honor of our Blessed Mother, Our Lady of Lourdes. Nine different parish choirs and music grou...
    Date2024.02.07 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views77 file
    Read More
  5. 6291_Opening Ceremony and blessing of the Lunar New Year's Eve stalls for Hong Kong Tang King Po College

By Hong Kong Tang King Po College Tang King Po College, Hong Kong, China, 6 February 2024 -- Fr. Carlos Cheung presided at the blessing of the Lunar New Year's Eve stalls in Victoria Park, Hong Kong. Together with the Principal, Miss Tr...
    Date2024.02.06 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views141 file
    Read More
  6. 6290_Dreaming the Communication Path for EAO in 2024

By Keith Amodia FIS Social Communication Coordinator EAO Zoom Online Meeting, 5 February 2024 -- Twelve communicators gathered online from the East Asia - Oceania Region to welcome the new provincial delegates of Social Communication and di...
    Date2024.02.06 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views195 file
    Read More
  7. 6289_Third Graduation of Philosophical Institute of St. Francis de Sales

By TLS SocCom Team Dili, Timor Leste, 3 February 2024 -- The Philosophical Institute of St. Francis de Sales holds its third graduation for the 34 finalists, composed of 32 males and two females. These finalists are from different Religious...
    Date2024.02.05 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views75 file
    Read More
  8. 6288_Water for all in Gerak, Indonesia

By pn. Yudhi Gerak, Indonesia, 5 February 2024 -- People at Gerak station are greatly helped by the presence of Salesian at their place. The presence of the Salesians really brought changes. This change was, of course, very beneficial for t...
    Date2024.02.05 CategoryINA Reply0 Views65 file
    Read More
  9. 6287_FIS - Bosconian Idol 2024 - Imitating Don Bosco Today

By Bryle Dejos Fernandez ArchSOLL Youth Center, Cebu City, 3 February 2024 -- In the overlap between the celebration of St. John Bosco's feast day and the celebration of the Parish fiesta days in the Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of L...
    Date2024.02.05 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views71 file
    Read More
  10. 6286_Celebration of St. John Bosco in TLS Vice-Province

By TLS SocCom Team Lospalos, 4 February 2024 -- On the celebration of our Father and Founder St. John Bosco on 31 January, Bishop Leandro Maria Alves (Bishop of the Diocese of Baucau) celebrated the solemn Eucharist with the Salesian Family...
    Date2024.02.04 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views119 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 536 Next
/ 536