?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180522_MYM.jpg

Interview with Brother Dominic Sai

By Our Own Correspondent

Myitkyina, Myanmar, 19 May 2018 -- How to make the Salesian Brother identity more visible?

What’s make you happy or what fills your heart with joy?

When I witness with a good example and stay with the young people as servant of God. As Salesian Brother gradually I understand how is my vocation form different from the priest, discovering a precious gift.

What does sustain your vocation?

Prayer life, not only a working for the young, like a social worker but enjoying family spirit in the community it’s sustain my life. My favourite prayer is the Novena to Mary Help of Christians.

How did you discern the Salesian Brother vocation?

Before there were not many models, we met other Brothers in the Philippines or Thailand, they were simple, good life witness and easily approachable. Also Blessed Brothers Zatti and Sandor, are attracting me through their simple life.

Salesian Brother Vocation promotion in Myanmar Vice-province?

Difficult question. They told us – I’m asking also how can you understand. For the vocation discernment we need to make consider all Catholic Church vocation and all are the same way of holiness for the faithful. Not easy to explain to others / young or adults – parents. Good example, what I can give to the boys… totally giving.

Salesian Brothers need specialization, to be more confident in their mission like Vocation Training Center (VTC), at least some short courses in welding to be more useful for the benefit of our boys.

How do you envision the provincial community environment?

Yes, our MYM Vice-province is a Salesian Brother friendly environment. It’s OK, but we just need to continue to build this important condition for flourishing of one Salesian Vocation in two forms.

What do you treasure as participant in the previous EAO 2013 Congress (Hua Hin)?

I still treasure the sharing, what other province Brothers are doing. The life sharing was highly appreciated. We are trying to keep our identity as Salesian Priests and Brothers. We need to accompany our candidates and to guide them in the right path.

What expectation you bring to the EAO 2018 Salesian Brother Congress?

I keep deeply in my heart this question: How to make the identity more visible to the young people? What about the specific mission commitment of Brothers in other EAO countries? I would like to know, if all Salesian Brothers are only in the classroom or assisting like we do here in Myitkyina? Yes, I expect to widen my horizon about the Salesian Brother mission fields.

What did you learn from Myitkyina Vocation Training Center boys?

Our boys are rather challenging! I have learn during last year how to show good will, how to build the family spirit and live together. Our youth follow us as they feel us as their brothers and start to help each other. I have learn how to be happy in their midst, in spite of many headaches. Indeed to keep the discipline is not easy at all. They are just accustomed to their home village life.

How can Salesian Priest help the Salesian Brother vocation promotion?

In Anisakan the whole community prays for Salesian vocation (Brother and Priest) every day! Some topics related to Salesian Brother vocation can be shared in conference or homily, since most of the ordinary Catholics don’t know about this vocation. Another good initiative could be also to start the annual ‘ZATTI DAY or WEEK’ (around November 13), with talks prepared by the Brothers and supported by the Rectors (=Priests).

20180522_MYM1.jpg

20180522_MYM2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6266_FIS - Youth Formation on Life: Identifying Emotional Abuse in the Family

By ArchSOLL Youth Correspondence ArchSOLL Youth Center, Cebu City Philippines, 26 January 2024 -- The Parish Youth Coordinating Council once again facilitated the formation session on life and youth issues last Friday with the topic "Identi...
    Date2024.01.29 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views62 file
    Read More
  2. 6265_SMD 2024: Builders of Dialogue in the EAO region

By Vaclav Klement EAO Missionary Animation Desk, 27 January 2024 -- Since 1988, our Salesian Congregation Missions sector has offered every year a resourceful occasion of the 'Salesian Mission Day' (day - week - month according to e...
    Date2024.01.27 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views77 file
    Read More
  3. 6264_Priestly Ordination of Salesians in Korea

By Soccom Korea Seoul, Korea, 24 January 2024 -- On 24 January, the feast day of St Francis de Sales, there was great rejoicing among the Salesians in Korea. The Holy Mass was celebrated in which three confreres were ordained priests and on...
    Date2024.01.25 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views111 file
    Read More
  4. 6263_Fair Day at Don Bosco Xuan Hiep Community

By Viet SocCom DB Xuan Hiep, HCM, Vietnam, 24 January 2024 -- On the afternoon of 20 January 2024, Don Bosco Xuan Hiep Community organized a Fair Day - a meeting of young people in parishes and the Salesian Community with the theme "The Dre...
    Date2024.01.25 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views91 file
    Read More
  5. 6262_EAO Salesian Family Dreams Together in 2024

By EAO Region Salesian Family Team EAO and Valdocco, 24 January 2024 -- Hundreds of East Asia-Oceania Region Salesian Family members from Pakistan to Samoa, from Mongolia to Australia came 'together' in the already traditional virtu...
    Date2024.01.25 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views194 file
    Read More
  6. 6261_Striving to understand the Melanesian culture

By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB Goroka, PNG, 20 January 2024 -- The 56th Melanesian Cultural Orientation Course (COC) for missionaries was held at the Melanesian Institute, Goroka from the 8 to 20 January 2024. Among the 26 participants were thr...
    Date2024.01.20 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views173 file
    Read More
  7. 6260_Pakistan – Don Bosco Quetta Embarks on a Mission for a Purposeful New Year 2024

By Bro. Francis Nhat, SDB Hyderabad, Pakistan, 18 January 2024 -- From 28 December 2023 to 6 January 2024, Fr Sami Ghouri, SDB, Rector of Don Bosco Quetta, and Brother Francis Nhat, SDB, undertook an 800-kilometer journey from Quetta to Hyd...
    Date2024.01.19 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views82 file
    Read More
  8. 6259_EAO Region is also ready for the 42nd Salesian Family Spirituality Days

By EAO Region Salesian Family Team EAO, 18 January 2024 -- The EAO regional team of the Salesian Family is glad to invite the Salesian Family members in the 23 countries of East Asia - Oceania region, belonging to 16 different SF groups for...
    Date2024.01.19 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views195 file
    Read More
  9. 6258_Busy December for Don Bosco Lahore

By DB Lahore Correspondence Lahore, Pakistan, 17 January 2024 -- On Sunday, 3 December 2023, Bishop Sebastian Shaw administered the Sacrament of Confirmation to 46 Hostel Boys in Youhanabad. He spoke to the young men about the importance of...
    Date2024.01.17 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views131 file
    Read More
  10. 6257_DBFC Aspirants Retreat 2024

By Aspirant Allan Abello Jr. Lawaan, Cebu, The Philippines, 17 January 2024 -- The Aspirants of Don Bosco Formation Center-Lawaan had their Annual Retreat at Don Bosco Retreat House Mantalongon, Dalaguete, Cebu from January 11-13, 2024. The...
    Date2024.01.17 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views80 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 533 Next
/ 533