Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20170526_ASC.jpg

Akira Taniguchi (left) with Mr. Chihiro Okawa, DB Past Pupil

Shizuoka Salesio Cooperators are growing in vocation

By Mr. Akira Taniguchi, ASC

Shizuoka, Japan, 26 May 2017 -- Among the 27 newly promised Salesian Cooperators coming from 6 different countries in the EAO Tokyo Congress was also one former Salesian of Don Bosco. Mr. Akira Taniguchi is now a teacher in Shizuoka Salesian (larger school complex of 1200 children and youth from the Kindergarten up to the Secondary level) still managed by the FMA Sisters. We are grateful for sharing his story, that may inspire many more former Salesians to continue their Salesian Vocation journey as Salesian Cooperator.

Looking back at my life, the Lord always leads me at all times. Besides myself, it is my whole family, my father and mother, my brothers and sisters – yes, everyone in my family, was always involved with Salesians in various ways. The way of involvement changed with time, but nevertheless the relationship never broke. Eleven years ago, I left the Salesian Congregation. Nevertheless, I was led to Nakatsu & Shizuoka two Salesian communities. And taking advantage of what I cultivated until now, I am walking together with young people on a daily basis. Don Bosco said that he dreamed about Mt. Fuji. He always whisper to me: "Coraggio!"

I’m living in city of Shizuoka already for nine years. Here is a wonderful school of FMA Sisters with about 1200 students. I have learnt many things from the way how Sr.Morishita, the current provincial, was doing in a wonderful way as a homeroom teacher. However, as number of the FMA Sisters are decreasing, the role of the Lay teachers became more important, and I was chosen to be the Head of the Department for Religious Studies – a kind of Catechist.

Fortunately, our Shizuoka Salesio has already nine Salesian Cooperators. Besides them there is also a large number of Catholic and Christian teachers. My mission was to bring together the synergy and energy of those people. In this way the religious atmosphere of the school is animated well with many club and volunteer activities. Meanwhile, Sr. Nonaka whispered that in view of the EAO Tokyo ASC Congress, you may decide to join the Salesian Cooperators.

Many FMA Sisters have pushed me. I was invited to many people. And I have reflected for a longer time. Now is the time. I was being prepared for six months with other four teachers of Salesio Shizuoka. And finally last May 9th, I make my Promise as Salesian Cooperator in Chofu Parish Church during the EAO Congress with other 26 other Cooperators from 6 different countries. It was also a surprise at that time for many! One colleague of the Aspirants, Toshifumi Bando said that he would also join this time. I realized again that God takes a long time to train us and let us participate in His Mission.

hizuoka Salesio school does flourish in Japan where the busy school life of world top schools is regarded as necessary step for a successful life. But also in this not-so-easy environment the Salesian spirit is able to transform the hearts of the young with joy and involve them in the family building. All of us Salesian Cooperators in Shizuoka Salesio are ready to fulfill the Salesian Mission in our school with our whole heart and mind!

Related news:

20170526_ASC1.jpg

20170526_ASC2.jpg

20170526_ASC5.jpg

20170526_ASC3.jpg

20170526_ASC4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6306_Gratitude to VIE and the Road Map ahead

By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB K’Long, Vietnam, 18 February 2024 -- The East Asia Oceania (EAO) Team visit concluded on 17 February 2024. At the end of four intensive days of presentations by the councillors, sharing and discussions, the ...
    Date2024.02.19 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views202 file
    Read More
  2. 6305_Third day of Team Visit of EAO Region 2024

By Viet SocCom K'Long (Vietnam) 18 February 2024 -- On 16 February 2024, participants of the "Team Visit 2024" meeting in the EAO region entered the third meeting day. As usual, the meeting day began with Holy Mass and Morning Prayer pr...
    Date2024.02.18 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views141 file
    Read More
  3. 6304_Program to welcome Cardinal Angel Fernandez Artime at Don Rua Da Lat community

By Viet SocCom Da Lat, Vietnam, 18 February 2024 -- At 5:30 p.m., 16 February 2024, the Community of Don Rua Da Lat organized a program to welcome Cardinal Angel Fernandez Artime, General Councillors, and Participants of EAO Team Visit 2024...
    Date2024.02.18 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views178 file
    Read More
  4. 6303_The Second day of EAO Team Visit 2024 at K’Long Retreat Centre

By Viet SocCom K'Long, Vietnam, 16 February 2024 -- At 6:30 a.m., 15 February, the participants gathered in the chapel to celebrate Mass presided over by the Rector Major. In the sermon, the Vicar of the Rector Major relied on God's...
    Date2024.02.16 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views207 file
    Read More
  5. 6302_EAO: The first day of the Team Visit

Presentations and Group discussions by Provinces and Inter Province groups By Viet SocCom K'Long, Vietnam, 14 February 2024 -- The Rector Major, Cardinal Angel Artime Fernandes, welcomed participants and invited them to spend these days...
    Date2024.02.15 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views268 file
    Read More
  6. 6301_One Hundred Percent Salesian, One Hundred Percent Indonesian

By P. John Laba, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 15 February 2024 -- Indonesia is the world's largest archipelago, with 17,001 islands. Six of them are large islands, namely Sumatra, Java, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, Timor, and Papua. There are only ...
    Date2024.02.15 CategoryINA Reply0 Views504 file
    Read More
  7. 6300_Our Commitment to Indigenous Peoples

By Fr. Alfred Maravilla SDB General Councillor for Missions RMG, 14 February 2024 -- Indigenous people represent about 5% of the world's population. The 2014 UN report states that 70% of the world’s indigenous peoples live in Asia...
    Date2024.02.14 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views74 file
    Read More
  8. 6299_Rector Major and the General Councillors arrived in K' Long Retreat Center

By Viet SocCom K'Long, Vietnam, 14 February 2024 -- At 5:20 p.m. on 13 February 2024, the Rector Major and the General Councillors arrived at Lien Khuong Airport, Da Lat, Lam Dong. The Provincial of Don Bosco VietNam, Fr Barnabas Le An ...
    Date2024.02.14 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views179 file
    Read More
  9. 6298_Welcome: The Rector Major and General Councillors visit Vietnam

By Viet SocCom HCM City, Vietnam, 14 February 2024 -- At 1:20 p.m. on 13 February 2024, The Rector Major - Fr Angel Fernandez Artime and the General Councillors arrived at Tan Son Nhat Airport, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam, and visited the Pr...
    Date2024.02.14 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views99 file
    Read More
  10. 6297_TVET Encounter Returns

By Mac Goli Makati City, the Philippines, 12 February 2024 -- The TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training) Encounter makes its official comeback after a five-year hiatus, bringing together students from FIN TVET Centers. This ...
    Date2024.02.13 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views52 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 533 Next
/ 533