Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 898 Comment 0

20180304_IDN.jpg

Interview with Br. Ignatius Satya Paramitha, SDB

By Our Own Correspondent

Sumba, Indonesia, 3 March 2018 -- Br. Ignatius is one of the 10 Salesian Brothers of Indonesia Delegation, with a Teaching Degree from Institute Technology of Indonesia, Jakarta (Computer science) assigned since 2017 as Principal of SMK Don Bosco Sumba (Secondary Technical School).

What makes you happy as Salesian Brother?

First of all when I began my day with the community Eucharist. Source of strength to live my mission, my duty as principal and epseicall to teach 28 hours PC class. I'm happy when I animate and guide the SMK as principal and being the whole day with the young.

After lunch is the lunch for me to be with the community, sharing what happen with my Salesians. Doing my duty with simplicity, whole heart and with confidence.

How were you attracted to the Salesian Brother vocation?

Simplicity of Salesian Brother life. No strong difference between priest and brother among us Salesians. Consistency in my duty. In Indonesia we don’t have many role models. But when I was a postulant, I hear about the Timor Leste Brothers, about their life simplicity and fidelity to their education duties. I was touched by their stories. So I'm trying to do my best to follow these model.

Motivation and energy in Salesian Brother life?

• First strength is my personal encounter with Jesus Christ in daily prayer and Eucharist.
  • Family spirit in community.
  • Fraternal relationship among the confreres, who help me a lot to live my vocation.
  • When I’m with the young in the classroom or in the playground.

• How can we make more visible the figure of Salesian Brother in Indonesia?

I’m happy if there is a Salesian Brother in all of our formation houses. Presence of Salesian Brother in formation house does show this vocation, through their example many candidates will be attracted. I hope that some sectors in the Salesian mission can be entrusted to the Brothers like Vocation Training Center (BLK) or school teaching. Through their presence the face of the Salesian Brother vocation can be recognized.

EAO 2018 Congress expectations?

Through the EAO Congress we can bring something new and strengthen the Salesian Brother identity in the world and EAO. We can also strengthen it in our Indonesia Delegation.

I hope that through the EAO Salesian Brother Congress (And you all are Brothers) I can know many more Salesian Brothers from other provinces and countries. And last but not the least taht we can exchange some new format or curriculum for the Salesian Brother formation.

20180304_IDN1.jpg

20180304_IDN2.jpg

20180304_IDN3.jpg

20180304_IDN4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6346_Media Education Seminar Empowers Youth

Insights from Print Media Session By Lucy Napitalai Port Moresby, PNG, 27 March 2024 -- In this ever-changing world of media, young people need the right tools to communicate effectively. On Saturday, 23 March 2024, the second session of th...
      Date2024.03.27 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views64 file
      Read More
    2. 6345_Reflection Day for Burmese Workers in Thailand

By Fr. Will Matthews SDB Hat Yai, Thailand, 26 March 2024 -- Thanks to the Mother Superior of the Salesian Sisters’ community who operates Thidanukhro Girls’ School in Hat Yai, southern Thailand, a special reflection day was hel...
      Date2024.03.26 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views121 file
      Read More
    3. 6344_Thailand - Animation visit of Fr. Joan Luís Playà and Br. Dominic Nam

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 24 March 2024 -- On 21 March 2024, members of the Salesian Family of Thailand shared a fraternal meeting with Fr. Joan Lluís Playà, Delegate of the Rector Major for the Salesian Family and Bro. Dom...
      Date2024.03.25 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views270 file
      Read More
    4. 6343_Three Salesian confreres installed to the ministry of Reader at Clifton Hill Formation Community

By Afia Enosa SDB Clifton Hill Melbourne, Australia, 24 March 2024 -- The Ministry of Reader holds a special place in the hearts of those who are called to proclaim the Word of God. It is a responsibility that requires dedication, humility,...
      Date2024.03.25 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views102 file
      Read More
    5. 6342_Don Bosco Ky Anh - Providing charity meals at Ky Anh General Hospital

By Ky Anh SocCom Ky Anh, Vietnam, 22 March 2024 -- In order to share and support impoverished people facing economic and health difficulties requiring treatment at the hospital, Ky Anh Vocational Training Center organized the "Love Sharing ...
      Date2024.03.22 CategoryVIN Reply0 Views65 file
      Read More
    6. 6341_Graduation for 154 visually impaired students

The abilities are theirs; we help them develop them. By THA SC Pakkred, Thailand, 19 March 2024 -- The Skills Development Center for the Blind, Pakkred, Nonthaburi, held its graduation ceremony for the blind trainees from the Center on 13 M...
      Date2024.03.19 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views133 file
      Read More
    7. 6340_The Lenten Prayer Program 2024 on "Dreams"

By SC Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 18 March 2024 -- On the afternoon of 16 March 2024, the Youth Ministry of the Salesian Vietnam Province organized a Lenten Prayer Program with the theme "Dreams" at the Don Bosco Ba Thon Parish. The ...
      Date2024.03.18 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views76 file
      Read More
    8. 6339_Formation Course For Practical Trainees of Don Bosco Vietnam Province

By SC Vietnam Thu Duc, HCM City, Vietnam, 18 March 2024 -- According to the annual program, in order to improve knowledge, skills, and spirit during the Practical Training period from 12-14 March 2024, the Salesian Province of Vietnam organ...
      Date2024.03.18 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views70 file
      Read More
    9. 6338_Cultural Enrichment and indigenous media production

By Leo Paraha Don Bosco, Kep Province, Cambodia, 18 March 224 -- Delegates from East Asia and Oceania engaged in deep reflection as the meeting unfolded over the past three to five days of the Short Course on Media Production and Social Med...
      Date2024.03.18 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views76 file
      Read More
    10. 6337_The Third Fraternal Gathering of the Indonesia Salesian Vice-Province

By Fr. John Laba, SDB Tigaraksa, Indonesia, 15 March 2024 -- The Salesian Confreres of the Vice-Province of St Louis Versiglia, Indonesia (INA) have just finished holding their third Provincial Chapter, which took place at the Salesian Comm...
      Date2024.03.15 CategoryINA Reply0 Views459 file
      Read More
    List
    Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 536 Next
    / 536