Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1061 Comment 0

20170702_PGS.jpg

Personal Vocation story

By Prenovice Thomas Bwagaaro

Port Moresby, PNG, 1 July 2017 -- My vocation story began with a question: “What is it like to preside at the Mass?” some 18 years ago. That I believe was the invitation of the Lord to follow Him more closely. I was the altar server that day and I can remember clearly that moment that question came into my mind. Looking back now I believe that it was joining the Knights of the Altar ministry that has helped in my vocation journey because it helped me to attend Mass as often as I could, a practice that I would keep throughout my high school days.

In 1999 the same year the question popped into my mind, a Salesian Priest, now Bishop of the Diocese of Gizo in the Solomon Islands, came to our home. He told us about Don Bosco and what his sons are now doing in Solomon Islands. That encounter that evening was for me an inspiration and it made me even more curious to find an answer to my question.

Ten years would pass before I would read about the life of Don Bosco, the first saint whose son entered our home. In 2009, I completed my secondary education, and since I had no offers from tertiary institutions, I stayed for a year at home. This period was a blessing in disguise. I became more active in the parish and started reading more about the Catholic Church, the saints and other books relating to the church.

It was reading about the life of Don Bosco that rekindled the desire to follow the call to the priestly vocation. I remember that after reading the life of Don Bosco I felt that he loves me and that I am just not content to know about him but to become one of his sons like those in the book that I was reading.

In 2011, a year later after reading the life of Don Bosco I was accepted at Don Bosco Rural Training Centre Tetere in Solomon Islands, a phenomenon I attribute to a fervent decade of Rosary I offered to our Lady to lead me. At Tetere, I inevitably came into contact with the Salesians there and their good example, the goodnight talks, their openness to the young, and the countless gestures of Christian love that they showed us made me feel the love of God and of Don Bosco in a concrete way. This inspired me to be like them.

In 2013, I was sent to the Savio Haus Aspirantate in Papua New Guinea to continue as an aspirant. The four years of discernment in the Aspirantate was not easy but with the help of the different formation guides and the full support of my family I was able to freely make the choice to continue on to the pre novitiate in pursuit of my vocation. I am grateful to all the Salesians who have helped me in my journey. As I continue on I will always remain grateful to God, His Mother, the Salesians of Don Bosco and my family and like Bishop Cagliero, I too would like to say that “monk or no monk, I’ll stay with Don Bosco”.

20170702_PGS1.jpg

20170702_PGS2.jpg

20170702_PGS3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6357_Conclusions of the Extraordinary Visitation of Fr Joseph Phuoc, SDB

By TLS SocCom Comoro-Dili, Timor-Leste, 5 April 2024 -- On April 3, 2024, the Extraordinary Visitation of Fr Joseph Phuoc, SDB, finally came to an end after spending 43 days (Feb 20 - April 3, 2024) in the Vice-Province of Timor-Leste. On b...
    Date2024.04.05 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views72 file
    Read More
  2. 6356_Blessings in the holy month of Ramadan

By Fr. Sevrin Mite, SDB Blitar – Indonesia, 4 April 2024 --One of the unique things about the Indonesian nation is the diversity of religions – Islam, Catholicism, Protestant Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and o...
    Date2024.04.04 CategoryINA Reply0 Views135 file
    Read More
  3. 6355_Footprints: Vocation Candidates Trace Jesus' Path this Holy Week

By Celine Acosta Don Bosco Aspirantate Formation House, the Philippines, 4 April 2024 -- With their desire to follow Jesus’ footsteps this Holy Week, 17 young Seekers stayed at the Don Bosco Aspirantate Formation House from March 27 t...
    Date2024.04.04 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views51 file
    Read More
  4. 6354_Catechetical Camp for Thai Youth 2024

By SC THA Thailand, 2 April 2024 -- During the summer holidays in Thailand, which fall in the months of March and April, the Churches under the care of the Salesians - like those in the Church of Mary Help of Christians - Phanom, Surat Than...
    Date2024.04.03 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views89 file
    Read More
  5. 6353_Don Bosco Learning Center Quetta- Pakistan: New School Year Commencement

By Bro Francis Nhat, SDB Quetta, Pakistan, 1 April 2024 -- The Salesian Community is thrilled to announce the commencement of the new school year 2024 at Don Bosco Learning Center Quetta, Pakistan. On 11 March 2024, our doors swung open to ...
    Date2024.04.02 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views53 file
    Read More
  6. 6352_Grand Opening of Early Learning Adventures at Don Bosco Learning Center, Quetta

By Bro. Francis Nhat, SDB Quetta, Pakistan, 1 April 2024 --We are thrilled to announce a significant milestone in our educational journey: The inauguration of the Early Learning Adventures program at Don Bosco Learning Center in Quetta, Pak...
    Date2024.04.02 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views56 file
    Read More
  7. 6351_The Way of the Cross 2024: Journey of Reflection and Renewal

By Jordan Pomat Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG 1 April 2024 -- The Don Bosco Technical School Gabutu commemorated the solemn occasion of the Way of Cross, reflecting Jesus' suffering and death. This event took place on 28 March 2024, within ...
    Date2024.04.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views66 file
    Read More
  8. 6350_Sharing The Resurrection of Christ The Lord

By Fr. Joseph Phuoc, SDB Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, April 01, 2024 - As the Church prepared for the most solemn liturgy of the year, the Vigil of Easter Celebration, God called one of the sons of Don Bosco to share in Jesus' Death and Resurr...
    Date2024.04.01 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views343 file
    Read More
  9. 6349_Easter Triduum Celebration at Salesian Parishes, Melbourne

By Afia Enosa SDB Melbourne, Australia, 31 March 2024 -- Saint John the Baptist Parish in Clifton Hill and Collingwood and Saint Margaret Mary’s in Brunswick celebrated the beginning of the Easter Triduum with great solemnity and joy ...
    Date2024.03.31 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views78 file
    Read More
  10. 6348_Friendship Camp 2024

By SC THA Hua Hin, Thailand, 31 March 2024 -- From 18-23 March 2024, the Salesian Commission on Youth Ministry, Thailand, organized the annual vocational camp at the Don Bosco Youth Center, Khao Takiep, Hua Hin, under the theme "The Dream t...
    Date2024.03.31 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views104 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 536 Next
/ 536