?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20150722_PNG.jpg

Raywin Taroaniara delighted to be taking her first shots with a video camera

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB

Panatina, Solomon Islands - Youngster between the ages of 18 to 27 years participated in the second part of the ‘Share and Inspire’ program. It focused on Participatory Video Training and was held at the Commonwealth Youth Program Campus, Panatina, Solomon Islands, on 20th and 21st July 2015. The twenty participants were youth members of the Phase 7 Youth@Work program.

Over the two days, the participants scripted their issues into a video story. They had an interesting time handling the Video camera, understanding its many possibilities and above all teaching, instructing and learning from each other. The practical exercises gave them a chance to learn the different types of camera angles and try out different shots and movements as they put together the stories they are passionate about. The participants were given tips on how to convey the ‘Where, What, When and Who’ in a shot. The emphasis was on the aspects of social change conveyed through the video clip. “The passion of my change is conveyed through my words and expressions,” said David Tarai.

The ‘Story Board’ session, a process started by Walt Disney in the 1930s and soon used by every major film studio, brought out the creativity of the participants. “It gave a visual idea and enabled the participants organize a series of illustrations to give a powerful message”, said Alphonse Ganea. The issues highlighted were Education and Youth Empowerment while other issues of Christian belief, addiction, culture and Environment were also dealt with.

“The visual impact of picture stories conveys a powerful message and has significant impact. This is far greater that the spoken narrative”, said Methodius Iapara, from the Ministry of Youth, Women and children. “We need to encourage and support our youth express their issues through colourful posters and vibrant videos to bring about positive change in our communities and society”, he continued.

“Our sharing gives us hope for a brighter future”, said Eddie Wagiro and “we have learnt that an interesting video can convey our views for change to a large audience”, said Raywin Taroaniara.

“The learning has been through enjoyable interaction and participation”, said Walasi George Kiriau. “We look forward to more training as we strive to understand our life as youth and our role is in society,” said Gideon Mananga. “My favourite part of my sessions have been the participatory activities that we have all enjoyed”, said Hilda Tolini. “Working together with the other youth has helped us cooperate with each other and given us a sense of togetherness,” she said. “The small group work and the interaction” has been a great learning experience for myself and my companions”, added Silas Manebona.

Several participants commented on the cooperation experienced as they went about their group activities while others expressed the need for similar programs. “We need similar activities to be introduced,” said Eddie Wagiro. “This program is very interesting and I am glad that I am part of it,” said Emmy Foroasi. “The sharing and interaction has been an encouragement to each of us as we share our hopes and dreams for a brighter future of Solomon Islands,” said Tyson Nore.

The program has been coordinated by the Secretariat of the Pacific Community for members of the Youth@Work project in collaboration with the Salesians of Don Bosco, Solomon Islands and the School of Communication for Social Change, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia. It enters its last day on Thursday 23rd July, 2015.

20150722_PNG1.jpg

Participants at a simulation game 2

20150722_PNG2.jpg

Participants in song and dance

20150722_PNG3.jpg

Participatory session in progress

20150722_PNG4.jpg

Participatory Video shooting in progress 

20150722_PNG5.jpg

Story Board presentation 4

20150722_PNG6.jpg

Story Board session in progress

20150722_PNG7.jpg

Story Board session in progress 2

20150722_PNG8.jpg

Youth@Work participants being instructed by Fr. Ambrose Pereira sdb at the 'Share and Inspire' Participatory Video program

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5257(II)_Fr Guillermo Basañes visits Samoa during a State of Emergency

ALA_5257 By Lauren Hichaaba, Provincial Delegate for Missionary Animation Apia, Samoa, 21 November 2019 -- Fr Guillermo Basanes, SDB, Councillor for the Missions, has begun his visit to the Australia Pacific (AUL) Province with a very succe...
    Date2019.11.22 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views916 file
    Read More
  2. 5257(I)_Don Bosco Discovery Centre ever new - Hong Kong

ALA_5257 By EAO Social Communication team Hong Kong 22 November 2019 -- Don Bosco Discovery Centre is located in the Catechetical Centre, Tang King Po School - Hong Kong. The EAO Social communication and Formation delegates were also happy ...
    Date2019.11.22 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views780 file
    Read More
  3. 5256(III)_"The Pope Visits His Children"

ALA_5256 Welcome, Pope Francis By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 21 November 2019 -- His Holiness, Pope Francis arrived in Thailand at 12.30 p.m., 20 November 2019. There was an official welcome for Him at the Don Mueang Airport, Bangkok. After ...
    Date2019.11.21 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views681 file
    Read More
  4. 5256(II)_The Spiritual History of St John Bosco

ALA_5256 EAO Formation of Formators' Seminar By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB Hong Kong, China, 20 November 2019 -- The EAO Formation of Formators' seminar commenced at Shaukeiwan, Hong Kong on 20 November 2019. The theme of the seminar is: ‘The ...
    Date2019.11.21 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views923 file
    Read More
  5. 5256(I)_EAO Youth Ministry Delegates Meet with Mission Animation Delegates in Timor-Leste

ALA_5256 By TLS Soc. Com. Dili, Timor Leste, 20 November 2019 -- The Youth Ministry delegates from the provinces of the East Asia-Oceania Region (AUL, CIN, FIN, GIA, INA, MYM, THA-CAM, TLS and VIE-MON) gathered and met at the Golgotha Hotel...
    Date2019.11.21 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views774 file
    Read More
  6. 5255(IV)_'Salesian Dictionary' launched at Soc.Com./Formation Delegates meeting

ALA_5255 Second fruit of EAO Translators Workshop Salesian House of Studies, Hong Kong, China, 19 November 2019 -- On the last day of the EAO Social communication and Formation delegates meeting in Hong Kong (18 November), after the shared ...
    Date2019.11.19 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views668 file
    Read More
  7. 5255(III)_Korean Missionary in Sydney, Australia

ALA_5255 Interview with Fr. Leo Choi – temporary missionary in Australia By Fr Leo Choi Engadine (Sydney), Australia, 19 November 2019 -- My name is Fr. Leo Sungkyu Choi. I originally belong to the Province of Korea and was sent 3 years ago...
    Date2019.11.19 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1613 file
    Read More
  8. 5255(II)_Who is the Pope for Thai Youth?

ALA_5255 In preparation for Papal Visit later this month By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 19 November 2019 -- Who is the Pope for the Thai Youth? On the 20-23 November 2019, His Holiness Pope Francis will visit Thailand, a country where 94.6% a...
    Date2019.11.19 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views628 file
    Read More
  9. 5255(I)_Exploratory Visit to Hyderabad Diocese

ALA_5255 By Fr. Noble Lal and Br. Alex Abelgas Lahore, Pakistan, 18 November 2019 -- One year after the meeting between the Hyderabad bishop and our Rector Major in Rome during the Youth Synod (October 2018) the Salesian Community in Lahore...
    Date2019.11.19 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views978 file
    Read More
  10. 5254(V)_Expression of Gratitude through 'Artworks'

ALA_5254 Aspirants of Don Bosco Xuan Hiep, Vietnam By Br. Pham Hong Phuoc, SDB Xuan Hiep, Thu Duc, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, 18 November 2019 -- The aspirants of Don Bosco Xuan Hiep brought with them their ‘artworks’ when coming to the Salesian...
    Date2019.11.18 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1481 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 533 Next
/ 533