?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20181211_WOR.jpg

Dynamic growth of the Salesian Family in Chieri

By Our Own Correspondent

Chieri, Italy, 8 December 2018 -- As happens on every 8 December, the worldwide Salesian Family celebrates its birthday in many different ways (8 December 1841) remembering the 'Hail Mary' said by Don Bosco in the St Francis of Assisi Church with the first boy to whom he offered the catechism lesson that started it all. Celebrating this day in the holy places of Don Bosco gives a special flavour to this event. We remember that young John spent no fewer than ten years growing up, being educated and formed in Chieri (1831-1841) and this town treasures many vivid places like the 'Cafe Pianta' and the Major Seminary.

In 2018 too, the Salesian Family and Educative Pastoral Community of Chieri (Rector Fr Eligio Caprioglio with six Salesian priests and one Salesian Brother) celebrated the Feast of the Immaculate Conception at noon with a Hail Mary on the brand new artificial football field when the numerous youth, their leaders and parents, Salesian Cooperators, Past Pupils, FMA sisters and SDB community joined hands to create a large human chain around the field. It was a most impressive experience, when the core group of the Oratory remembers that only 5 years ago there were not even 30 people who came!

Youth Serving Youth!! The yellow 'uniform' of all the volunteers in the 'San Luigi Chieri' compound helps to distinguish the youth leaders (both from junior and senior high school), the various volunteers at any level (High school, Oratory, Liturgy, Cooking, Youth group leaders, Catechists, Altar boys, Choirs or many youth group leaders). At the heart of the Marian Feast was the 'Promise' of the 30+ leaders in the morning and the renewal of the Promise by Salesian Cooperators after the evening Eucharist:

'Thank you, Lord, for seeking me out and bringing me closer to the Salesian Family. Now I can be called a 'junior leader'. Today I choose to offer you my promise, and with the help of God, of Mary Help of Christians and of Don Bosco I commit myself to growth in friendship with You, Lord, to be humble and sincere with everyone, and to become, day by day, a Christian example among my companions, and to nourish my trust in my parents and other educators. Please, help me to be faithful day by day to this promise, in humility and the simplicity of your word. Amen.

From the early morning (a special cooking team, preparing the lunch for all 300+ youth and adults), through the Oratory activities, Advent recollection for the parents and members of the Salesian Family (Salesian Cooperators, Past Pupils and VDB), a festive Eucharist and until the last item, the play in Piedmontese dialect, there was a large number of volunteers of all ages - from teenagers to grandmothers and grandfathers.

Our wish is that the model of the Chieri Oratory, based on volunteer service, frequent formation, backed up by families and open to the local society, may also flourish in many of our EAO provinces!

Happy Birthday to the Salesian Family!

Related news article:

20181211_WOR1.jpg

20181211_WOR2.jpg

20181211_WOR3.jpg

20181211_WOR4.jpg

20181211_WOR5.jpg

20181211_WOR6.jpg

20181211_WOR7.jpg

20181211_WOR8.jpg

20181211_WOR9.jpg

20181211_WOR10.jpg

20181211_WOR11.jpg

20181211_WOR12.jpg

20181211_WOR13.jpg

20181211_WOR14.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6367_Curriculum Development for TVET

By TLS SocCom Comoro, Dili, Timor-Leste, 12 April 2024 -- Don Bosco Tech ASEAN facilitated training in Curriculum Development for TVET (Technical Vocational Education and Training), focusing on Competency-based Curriculum and Competency-bas...
    Date2024.04.12 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views88 file
    Read More
  2. 6366_The 7th Provincial Chapter of Myanmar has begun today!

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 10 April 2024 -- The 7th Provincial Chapter of Myanmar Vice-Province, under the leadership of the superior Fr. Bosco Nyi Nyi, SDB, has officially begun on 10 April at 9:00 A.M. local time, at the Do...
    Date2024.04.11 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views101 file
    Read More
  3. 6365_The Annual Retreat for Salesian Aspirants

By Don Bosco SYM - Vietnam HCM, Vietnam, 11 April 2024 -- On the morning of April 7, 2024, Salesian Youth Ministry Vietnam organized a retreat day for Salesian Aspirants at the Provincial House, Thu Duc, HCM City. Attending the program was ...
    Date2024.04.11 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views95 file
    Read More
  4. 6364_Easter Blessings

By Fr. Sevrin Mite, SDB Blitar and Sumba Indonesia, 10 April 2024 – During the Easter Octave, the St Yusuf Catholic Vocational Technical School in Blitar and St. John Bosco Vocational Technical School in Sumba family held the Easter C...
    Date2024.04.10 CategoryINA Reply0 Views64 file
    Read More
  5. 6363_Promoting Sustainable Integral Human Development

By Fr. Alfred Maravilla SDB General Councillor for Missions 'Development' is a term that has several implications. NGOs, foundations, and countless organizations are involved in development projects. Development models that are mere...
    Date2024.04.10 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views59 file
    Read More
  6. 6362_Extraordinary Visitation to Korea Province Begins

By Soccom Korea Seoul, Korea, 8 April 2024 -- The Korean Province has begun the Extraordinary Visitation by the EAO Regional, Fr Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc, from today through to 6 June. During his visit, Fr. Joseph will visit all the commun...
    Date2024.04.09 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views62 file
    Read More
  7. 6361_Blue-White Champion's League 2024

By SC THA Hua Hin, Thailand, 8 April 2024 -- The Past Pupils Association of Hua Hin Vitthayalai School organized the "Blue-White Champion's League 2024" football competition. 16 teams from various batches competed. Fr. John Bosco Dhepar...
    Date2024.04.08 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views84 file
    Read More
  8. 6360_A new page for China Province

By Fr. Anthony Pun SDB Hong Kong, 7 April 2024 -- “This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.” This verse of Psalm 118 recurs in our Easter prayer. And it has come true in the Salesian Province of...
    Date2024.04.07 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views110 file
    Read More
  9. 6359_Funeral Mass of Father Joseph Nguyen Van Quang

Former Provincial of the Salesian Province of Don Bosco Vietnam By VIE SocCom Thu Duc, HCM Vietnam, 6 April 2024 -- At 8:30 a.m., April 5, 2024, the Funeral Mass of Father Joseph Nguyen Van Quang, former Provincial of the Salesian Province ...
    Date2024.04.06 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views77 file
    Read More
  10. 6358_Easter Sunday Takjil

By Bro. Umbu Dapa Loka Jakarta, Indonesia, 5 April 2024 -- This month is the month of Ramadan for the Muslims. Observing Ramadan involves fasting from dawn until sunset and refraining from food, drink, and other physical needs. However, it ...
    Date2024.04.05 CategoryINA Reply0 Views46 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 536 Next
/ 536