EAO Regional Congress (Day 4)
Tokyo, Japan, 10 May 2017 -- Last evening of the EAO Tokyo 2017 Congress of the Salesian Cooperators was a wonderful climax when all 300 participants celebrated the Asia harmony in great diversity of East Asia and Oceania rich cultural heritage.
Dances, songs, motion, video presentation, short drama, storytelling and national songs coming from Singapore, Myanmar, Samoa, Taiwan, China, Japan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines North and South, Korea, Mongolia, Vietnam, Thailand were blending in unexpected, spectacular and brilliant way. Indeed a memorable and uplifting EAO Regional Cultural Night became another gift shared by the delegates coming from 18 different countries.
Before the final day the family spirit is breathing by all and the participants share what do they bring back home as inspiration, encouragement, wisdom or energy:
- I received power to continue to serve the youth (CIN)
- It was a spirit uplifting experience, that encouraged me a lot. I learnt many new ways how to serve the youth (GIA)
- We were touched by the 4 pillars of formation: to know, know how to do, know how to be, know how to be together (FIN)
- We became one heart, one body. The overflowing JOY of this regional congress teach us that without joy we can't serve! (Mongolia)
- We learn how to serve the youth beyond the Church structures (GIA)
- I treasure the beauty, attraction of being a Salesian Cooperator, about the Cooperators vocation (MYM)
- We bring home 'Strive to be loved' (Don Bosco). If we want to be loved we need to love first (FIN)
- It was very enriching, joyful and encouraging event. Yes, we need to come and see, what the Congress is (KOR)
- Yes, we are a growing region, full of family spirit in spite of many cultural, social and political differences (FMA)
- I remember first of all, that "Nothing is impossible for us" since God is with us! (ITM)
- We will bring home a deep joy and clear vision about our vocation as Salesian Cooperators (THA)
We share these sentiments and insights with the whole Salesian Family of East Asia and Oceania to growth together. One of the present SDB Delegates shares his conversion: "From yesterday I believe in the Salesian Cooperator vocation. Not just that we heard that we can't become good Salesians without the Cooperators, but especially when listening to many valuable life and mission experience of our Salesian Cooperators from many countries!