austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20150821_CIN.jpg

By Mr. Philip Yu, ASC

The largest pilgrim group of 120 participants from the EAO region at the major celebrations in Turin – Valdocco arrived from China province, animated by the Salesian Cooperators (August 3-21) with 83 from Hong Kong, 27 from Macau and 11 from Taiwan including Archbishop emeritus of Taipei Joseph Ti Kang, 2 SDB priests and 4 FMA sisters. Main organizer Mr. Philip Yu, ACS:

“August 16 was the center of this pilgrimage and the DB200 closing ceremony at Colle Don Bosco is the priority of all activities in the program! The China province of Salesian Cooperators just managed to finish the printing of newly translated Project of Apostolic Life into Chinese (PAL, ed. 2014).

On August 17 at the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians at Valdocco, we were able to have a joint Holy Mass with 200 Spanish pilgrims and the16 Salesian Cooperators World Council members celebrated by the Rector Major! Not only that we had an excellent opportunity to present the Chinese PAL and the special gift for RM witnessed by the World Council, but also we had a nice group photo and video.

Another planned moment of encountering is with the local Salesian Cooperators was at house of St. Dominic Savio in Morialdo. We were also well received with a great lunch organized by the local Circolo Anspi on Aug. 11th and appreciation of St. Louis life presented by his great grandnephew. The encountering with Spanish group at Valdocco was another surprise. We're all crazy in exchanging souvenirs. Even all returned to bus, a Spanish girl came to ask for exchange T shirt. The youngest (9 years old) member Indigo was so generous to give up the T shirt on his body! So we didn't get what we expected but we're given what we didn't expect, which is even better... we praised the Lord for His wonderful work!!”

It’s impressive to have an inside in the very well cared preparation and animation of this DB200 Pilgrimage:

“We divided ourselves (religious and lay... so that the religious members are taken care of) into 12 smaller groups and there's a helpful leader in each group. During the stay in Italy there were three buses, 4 smaller groups in each bus. Also in each bus there's a coordinator and spiritual guide.

Each spiritual guide was given a FM transmitter for Chinese interpretation and the pilgrims received with normal FM radio; however, not all brought their own radio and not all spiritual guides used the transmitter all the time. Also a Mandarin-speaking Hong Kong Salesian Cooperator was also helping to do make up translation from Cantonese to Mandarin for Archbishop emeritus of Taipei and the ten Taiwan Salesian Cooperators.

With such a huge group of 120 people, the biggest challenge was a toilet on every arrival, there's a long queue outside lady's room. Another challenge was to keep the schedule on time due to taking pictures while others needed more praying time. Luckily we had no record of losing anyone. We had some good members to help with the discipline, plus we say pilgrims' prayer everyday on the bus, which served as a good reminder as well.”

Viva Don Bosco!

Seven John Bosco’s in Great Tainan (Taiwan) on 16 August 2015

By Fr. Lanfranco M. Fedrigotti

The Salesian Family in Taiwan, as in the rest of the Province, celebrated DB200 on Sunday, 16 August, 2015 by celebrating the votive Mass of St. John Bosco in all Sunday Masses in all Salesian presences. The beautifully-printed Mass booklet that included a presentation of the person and work of St. John Bosco after each Mass could be taken home by the participants as a souvenir. In Great Tainan, this celebration happened to include seven John Bosco’s! Great Tainan is the recently expanded Tainan City comprising also the neighbouring counties of Rende and Guiren.

1. The first John Bosco was, of course, St. John Bosco himself whose 200th Birthday we were celebrating in the great hall of Tainan Salesian Technical School.

2. The second John Bosco was the beautiful statue of Don Bosco at the entrance of Tainan Salesian Technical School. Don Bosco is flanked by two young men. The group stands on a majestic marble cube with the Chinese inscription “Teacher of Youth”.

3. The third John Bosco was Salesian Cooperator Msgr. John Bosco Lin Chi Nan, Bishop of Tainan. He presided over the solemn Mass of St. John Bosco in celebration of the 200th Birthday of his patron saint and in acceptance of the perpetual profession of the young Taiwanese Salesian Sc. Philip Huang Long Hsuan. In the homily, Bishop John Bosco explained how he was named John Bosco by a Dominican German missionary even before the Salesians arrived in Taiwan.

4. The fourth John Bosco was the 18-year old second son of a Catholic family that came to take part in the Tainan celebration of St. John Bosco. The father and mother of the family are Cooperator Salesians from Kaohsiung. Mama Hildegard and Papa Peter gave their second son the baptismal name John Bosco.

5. The fifth John Bosco shows up in the name of the Guiren St. John Bosco Church, the parish recently included into Great Tainan. At a distance of a dozen kilometres from Salesian Technical School, this parish was also celebrating the 200th birthday of their patron.

6. The sixth John Bosco is the parish priest of Guiren St. John Bosco Church, the 70-year old Salesian Fr. Bosco Chen Tse Sing, class-mate of the present writer.

7. The seventh John Bosco is the newly-baptized 92-year old Mr. John Bosco of Guiren Parish. During the votive Mass of St. John Bosco, the grandfather of the present chairman of the Guiren Parish Council was baptized, taking the baptismal name of John Bosco.

Longlive 200-year old (young!) Don Bosco. Evviva Don Bosco more alive than ever!

20150821_CIN1.jpg

20150821_CIN2.jpg

20150821_CIN3.jpg

20150821_CIN4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2015.09.06 16:06

Many thanks Fr. Klement for sharing my words with more people thru mailnews!  I would like share (attached video) the bless of our dearest Rector Major for DB200 closing celebration on 22-Aug-2015, the second day upon our return from this memorable pilgrimage.  All members are very happy to have Rector Major's blessing fresh delivery by the pilgrim.

May I also take this opportunity to make up some missing information or typo errors:

- the pilgrimage started from 7-Aug-2015 (as shown on the banner)

- the organizer is indeed the China Province of Salesian Cooperators on behalf of the "Organizing Committee - China Province of Salesian Family for DB200 celebration"

- among us, we had in the youngest member of 9 years old and the most senior member of 87 (i.e. Archbishop Ti Kang)

- besides, among us, we also had wheel-chaired members and members of bad illness but we all completed the impossible mission and returned home with "I'm Possible" mission

- the joint Holy Mass was probably the most impressive moment for most of us with close encountering with the Rector Major, BIG THANKS to the World Council especially Raúl Fernández Abad of the Iberian Region...

Viva Don Bosco!!

• THE BLESSING AND GREETINGS from the RECTOR MAJOR - Valdocco, August 15, 2015

• Philip Yu 2015.09.06 21:46

Many thanks Fr. Klement for sharing my words with more people thru mailnews!  I would like share (attached video) the bless of our dearest Rector Major for DB200 closing celebration on 22-Aug-2015, the second day upon our return from this memorable pilgrimage.  All members are very happy to have Rector Major's blessing fresh delivery by the pilgrim.

May I also take this opportunity to make up some missing information or typo errors:

- the pilgrimage started from 7-Aug-2015 (as shown on the banner)

- the organizer is indeed the China Province of Salesian Cooperators on behalf of the "Organizing Committee - China Province of Salesian Family for DB200 celebration"

- among us, we had in the youngest member of 9 years old and the most senior member of 87 (i.e. Archbishop Ti Kang)

- besides, among us, we also had wheel-chaired members and members of bad illness but we all completed the impossible mission and returned home with "I'm Possible" mission

- the joint Holy Mass was probably the most impressive moment for most of us with close encountering with the Rector Major, BIG THANKS to the World Council especially Raúl Fernández Abad of the Iberian Region...

Viva Don Bosco!!

1. 5427(II)_Shared Mission of Youth Ministry and Missionary Animation

ALA_5427 By SYM-FIS Facilitators Marawi, the Philippines, 22 July 2020 -- The article that follows was offered on 21 July, although it refers to an event back in March. Still and all, it is worth reporting on. The Salesian Youth Movement (...
    Date2020.07.22 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views818 file
    Read More
  2. 5427(I)_New instruction to guide the reform of parish communities

ALA_5427 By Congregation for the Clergy Vatican City, 22 July 2020 -- Around the 23 countries or territories of the EAO (East Asia - Oceania) Region there are more than 73 Catholic parishes with 140,000 faithful entrusted to the care of th...
    Date2020.07.22 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views492 file
    Read More
  3. 5426(III)_Here I am Lord, send me (Isaiah 6:8)

ALA_5426 Annual Retreat of the Vietnam Province By Br. John Pham Hong Phuoc, SDB K’Long Retreat House, Lam Dong, Vietnam, 21 July 2020 – Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc, the EAO regional councillor celebrated the holy masss to end the annual...
    Date2020.07.21 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views447 file
    Read More
  4. 5426(II)_Exploring the animation dynamics of EAO Past Pupils of Don Bosco

ALA_5426 By Mr. Niel Evangelista Asia-Oceania GEX regional councilor and Br. Dominic Nam SDB World Delegate for Don Bosco Past Pupils (Don Bosco Past Pupils World Confederation) Video meeting Rome-Vietnam-Asia-Oceania, 21 July 2020 -- Anot...
    Date2020.07.21 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views528 file
    Read More
  5. 5426(I)_After 38 years, now settling back in Spain - Br. Jess Garcia

ALA_5426 By our own correspondent General House, Sacro Cuore, Rome, 21 July 2020 -- Salesian Brother Garcia Garrido Jesús Julián (aka Brother Jess, as well known within the EAO region) shared his goodnight after Vespers on 20 July 2020 in ...
    Date2020.07.21 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views655 file
    Read More
  6. 5425_South Asia Salesian Podcast - Sonada, Darjeeling - for everyone's benefit

ALA_5425 By 'Don Bosco South Asia' Social Communication South Asia, 20 July 2020 -- The South Asia SDB social communications network 'DonBoscoIndia' is a large group of 12 South Asia provincial delegates for Social Communication who celebr...
    Date2020.07.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1149 file
    Read More
  7. 5424_My ruminations on the Araimiri mission

ALA_5424 By Sr Shanty Joseph MSI Araimiri, Papua New Guinea, 19 July 2020 -- Here my thoughts move to my life journey at Araimiri. It was something to be treasured for life. The life spent mostly with pristine nature, black sandy beach, sw...
    Date2020.07.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views5442 file
    Read More
  8. 5423_May your Kingdom come!

ALA_5423 Get to know the Caritas Sisters of Jesus around the world CSJ General House, Rome, 18 July 2020 -- Among the 32 groups of the Salesian Family there are not many with their headquarters in Rome. Probably the last ones to locate the...
    Date2020.07.18 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views773 file
    Read More
  9. 5422(II)_Powerful homage to Korean missionary Fr. John Lee

ALA_5422 Movie: The Resurrection Seoul, South Korea, 17 July 2020 -- A second movie was released last January, focusing on on the legacy of Fr John Lee (1962-2010), Salesian Korean missionary in South Sudan (2001-2009). The documentary dir...
    Date2020.07.17 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views2037 file
    Read More
  10. 5422(I)_Seoul "Bosco Gelato" is opened

ALA_5422 By SC delegate of Korea Province Seoul, Korea, 16 July 2020 -- On 16 July 16 in Seoul, the capital of South Korea, an ice cream shop called "Bosco Gelato" has been opened. Bosco Gelato sells the highest quality organic Italian st...
    Date2020.07.17 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1148 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 537 Next
/ 537